Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xlette

How many bales in a ton?

7 posts in this topic

Depends on how much the avg bale wt is. for example 100# bales would be 20 in a ton.

We order ours by the squeeze and there are 64 bales in a squeeze.

mtn_penny

This was a long time ago, but when I lived in CO a ton was generally between 30-33 bales. Those bales were around 60+lbs

mtn penny is right though, depends on the weight of the bales.

Depepnd on the type of hay, the size of bales and the weight of those bales. Usually around here it is between 20 and 24 bales to the ton. That is for 2 string orchard grass, alfalfa, or orchard grass/alfalfa mix.

Definately depends on the size of the bales as already mentioned. I tend to get large bales so it usually runs about 18-20 bales per ton.

When I lived on the west coast I would get 16-18 bales in a "ton" they were three string 120# bales on average.

Since I have been back in the south I get about 32 bales to a "ton" these are two string 60# bales on average.

both are also grass hay.

I have been finding bales of alfalfa that are 2 string bales here that are closer to 80-90#'s so that would change it also.

As stated before...depends on weight. I've gotten bales that weighed anywhere from 35-100lbs. Most people around here try to set the baler for about 50 lb. bales because it's an easy to handle weight.