Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HowdyHowdyLetsGetRowdy

Black And White Lookin' Bug Bit/stung Me

8 posts in this topic

Howdy folks [smiley Wavey] I have a question. What are the little black and white lookin' flyin' bugs called? Are they a miniature hornet or yellow jacket?

I ask because I walked into a gas station this afternoon and thought I felt somethin' fall down my neck. I didn't think nothin' of it. Being 6'5" I forgot to duck and almost hit my head in the first place. [Duh] Although as soon as I got down the aisle something bit/stung my side. Up high like toward the top of your ribs.

It sent a chill up my neck and made me feel funky. Then I got bit/stung whatever the heck again. [shocked] It started to kinda sting by now. It did whatever to me six times before I could get outside to pull my shirt off. I saw some little flyin' black and white possibly yellow thing. It left welt marks. [shocked] I was ticked off. So grabbed a zip-loc bag I just happened to have in my truck. [bat Eyelashes] I figured the thing was big enough to bite/sting me it was big enough to suffer in a zip-loc baggy. I hope it croaks slowly.

It's not like I was disturbin' the things nest or what not.

Now I just feel weird and have these lil marks on my chest and side. Plus I'm pretty dark right now and I see these lil circle marks like irritation or somethin'.

The poor cashier lady probably thinks I flipped my cork. I didn't feel it would be polite to rip my shirt off and start hoppin' and lookin' around like what the heck was that. She probably woulda called the local looney bin. That lil sucker was vicious I swear.

I am now off to search for whatever it was. Althogh in the mean time if anyone knows that'd be wonderful. :happy0203:

Oh hey by the way they got some of my smileys back. :happy0203::winking: [Yay]

Sounds very much like a Bald-Face hornet. They seem to be more aggressive this year than usual. I've been stung several times. They haunt my barns this year.

Was it smaller than a wasp? Could have been a sweat bee - bad tempered little hummers. If your welts blister it could be blister beetle too.

Pictures of them:

http://www.answers.com/topic/bald-faced-hornet-1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blister_beetle

http://www.everythingabout.net/articles/bi...bees/sweat_bee/

Edited by chele

I am not sure what it was but I hope you feel better soon!

[Huggy]

I know! I missed the smileys!

Ouch! Don't know what it was, but I got stung on the tip of my index finger last week and it hurt like a son of a gun!

Hope the sting goes away soon!

Howdy folks [smiley Wavey]. Ozland you are correct. It was a baldface hornet. I check again last night and I actually have ten bites. I was lookin' and found that they can rarely cause infection.

I figure since I have ten bites and am still gettin' chills from it I had better cal my doc here in a while. My immune system isn't up to parr yet and I don't want to take any chances.

Can't believe that stupid lil thing. I left it in my truck. Hope it had a hot day in hel yesterday. :happy0203:

Thank you for helpin' out. This is the first time I've been stung/bit this year. It certainly made up for lost time.

I have yellow jackets but that sure wasn't no yellow jacket that got me. [Duh]

:happy0203: [Huggy]

well what ever it was i hope ya get to feeling better soon.