ExtraHannah

Horse Facilities Available For Disaster Evacuees

15 posts in this topic

I thought it might be very helpful to have a permanent list on HC of people that would be willing to take in evacuees during disasters. It seems there have been so many that have had to evacuate recently for huricanes, fires, etc. I know there are lots of members that would like to help their fellow board buddies in their time of need.

So, if you would be willing to help in the future, just fill in the following form. I'll put my info in to start.

Location: Mocksville, NC. Located near Statesville, Charlotte and Winston-Salem.

Horse Facilities Available: A four acre pasture with trees for shelter. Fenced with field fence with a hot rope on top. Water available. A stall is possible depending on my current situation.

Maximum Number of Horses: Probably 4 horses, though if they are used to being out together, we might be able to put 5 or 6 in the pasture.

Human Facilities: We have a single wide trailer available right next to the pasture. It is mostly used for storage, but does have heat/air, a working bathroom, fridge, etc. and a bed.

Notes: Horses must be up to date on vaccinations and have negative coggins papers.

North Central Washington

Two 3/4 acre pastures with 5' chain link

One 90 x 90 dry lot/ chain link and panels

Three 20 x 20 pens under construction/pipe

Small arena (110 x 60) chain link

water available

Someone on site almost 24/7

Need to be current on vacs

Sorry, we're not set up for stallions

Room to park two or three self contained campers

PM

Since I am so close to Clemson and their 400 stalls and trailer hook-ups I think people would be better served staying there where the facilities are in place to handle all those horses. However, if push comes to shove I could put up a few.

That makes sense QH. But there are a lot of people that might not have been aware that Clemson had facilities available (like me), so it's very helpful to have it here!

Thank you Spunker's!

I dont own the place i board there but the BO will help any one out in need hes taken people in alot that have needed help ect...

Location Baraboo Wisconsin (about 45 minute drive from madison the capital of wis)

He can take in up to another 10 or so horses if need be

He has 6 indoor stalls 7 outdoor pastures each between 2-6 acers 2 turnout pastures an acer each... We could also use the arena also Its arround 180ftx200ft and a round pen

Theres plenty of room to park multiple trailers and he has a 1 bedroom apartment on sight too thats used for boarders...

I just wanted to add that ive known wayne arround 8 years and hes ALWAYS ready to help when the need arises

I also have a truck and trailer we can use in case of an emergency my number is 608 393 3595 my names amanda

Location: East Central MN 90 miles North of the TCs, 50 miles South of Duluth.

Horse Facilities Available: Pasture. Some 5 acre pens some 10. Hot wire, auto water.

Maximum Number of Horses: Depends on how temporary the situation is. Ill say up to 15.

Human Facilities: Small primitive cabin.

Notes: Can haul.

I think this is a wonderful idea and very kind of all of you who offer up their places to evacuees.

I am a Hurricane Katrina evacuee, Hurricane Rita, and Hurricane Gustav....Gustav was tough b/c we had to go in a totally different direction and had to really make alot of accomodations to get our animal/ horses in a safe place.

I am glad ya'll are thinking of disasters all over the US and places to go.

So far...I think we are out of the woods for Hurricanes this year...the season is coming to a close.

But....other places in the US always have their own set of disaters to worry about.

THANKS! [Not Worthy]

I used to be a volunteer firefighter, so I was always in contact with our local Office of Emergency Management. If you are in Louisiana and get evacuated, he do have our state fairgrounds available. It's a big drive, but there are several stalls for horses cattle and all kinds of livestock and arena. They did use the fairgrounds to house people during Katrina. I am not sure if they would use these, but there are fairgrounds in Pine Bluff, AR, which is a little closer to LA, also has several stalls. 4 State's Fairgrounds in Texarkana has 100 stalls, same as Pine Bluff. I don't know if they would open up or not. The Saline County Fairgrounds in Benton, AR has some stalls, maybe 40 at the max. Same as above. Not sure if it would open up. That is all I know of south of Little Rock that might open up for disaster relief.

Fema's website used to have a list and was a place you can register yourself to house animals during disaster's. I am not sure if they still have it on their website or not.

This is a great idea. That being said, I think every farm owner shoud be in contact with several local barns incase of an emergency.

I can also add my info now too i dont have anything fancy but i can take 1-2 more horses and have TONS of room for campers trailers or portable fencing if needed

Were located in baraboo Wi

Amanda 608 393 3595

I also have a stock trailer i can haul if needed to

In Tyler tx, the Texas rose horse park has been taking in who ever needs help. Please put us on the emergency valuation list. 903-882-8696 or Kimberly Brunson 817-683-8284