Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
neonhamster

What Can I Do With Hot Fudge Sauce? (cake Photos!)

24 posts in this topic

I tried to make a chocolate fudge cake today. It was my first attempt at the frosting and it flat out refused to thicken enough to use on the cake.

However!

It has turned into a really, really nice chocolate fudge sauce! I don't want to throw it away but I don't know what else to do with it except for put it on top of ice cream. What can I make with fudge sauce?

Also, can I freeze it? I have loads. It has sugar, chocolate, milk, corn syrup and vanilla essence in it.

Cheers!

Edited by Neon Hamster

you can leave it in the frig for a while...

I don't know how well it would freeze though, I think the thawed consistency would be pretty grainy and watered down. But, there is no harm in trying! I would put it in a ziplock bag and let it freeze flat, that way it could thaw evenly and maybe not be so runny.

Thanks! A friend of mine said to put some cream of tartare in to stop the separating while freezing. Hmm.

I may keep some in the fridge and try freezing another load. I won't lose anything because it was a mistake anyway!

Thats a very positive way of thinking!

And, even though its a mistake, right it down because it may turn out to be something super yummy!

Shoot put it on the cake anyway.And let it soak in. Ok you are in big trouble now Girly.

Tuck goes into kitchen to find something with chocolate in it. [bang Head]

Ooh that is a good idea Tuck! It'd make the cake really moist....Hmmmmm.

I have 3 layers of cake that I was supposed to sandwich together. I think I will use chocolate buttercream on 2 of them, and save the third one and soak the sauce into it.

If I don't like it I will send it to work with OH, they love anything chocolate. ;)

Put a spoonful in a cup of coffee for coffee mocha. Ditto in hot milk for hot chocolate. Spread over warm brownies. Warm it a bit and have a fruit fondue. Glaze a baked pie shell with some, let it set, then add a pudding filling for black bottom pie. If you need more ideas, just ask.

You could get rid of some this way:

Remove sheets from bed,

Cover mattress with plastic sheeting,

then...................................

:grin:

Mmmm, I think I am going to have to make some more of this sauce. For all of the reasons mentioned! [ROTFL] :drool: [bat Eyelashes]

I think Neon needs to invite us all over for a chocolate overload fest.

Edited for a typo, that's what I get for trying to watch the MLB sports report while on HC. :ashamed0002:

Edited by MondaesMom

You could thicken it by adding some chocolate mix and/or powdered sugar.

Well! It's the day after and what did I do?

I had three layers of chocolate fudge cake sponge to do something with. I took Tuck's suggestion and covered it in the fudge sauce to soak in and moisten it up:

IMG_1509.jpg

It was really sticky, but really good! I sent OH to work with it and he had happy workmates! :happy0203: They work hard and I like to treat them sometimes, and they love my baking!

I used chocolate buttercream to sandwich together and cover the remaining two layers, and flavoured it with a little orange essence to add a little extra to the very chocolatey taste. A few sprinkles on top and yum!

IMG_1613.jpg

IMG_1615.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

And there is a container of chocolate fudge sauce left in the fridge to try new things with too!

[Yay]

Thanks!

I love baking cakes, muffins and cookies. I have done some decorating but I prefer the more 'country cottage' baking. :D

this.is. pure. evil.... must have chocolate!!! NOW lol

*leaves work in search of chocolate*

if i get fired its all on you Neon! lol