Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kigeroo

Fred Mueller Saddlemaker

7 posts in this topic

Hey Jack, or anyone else, know anything about Fred Mueller out of Denver, Colo. I have an old saddle w/his maker stamp on it sitting around here.

I'd buy it if its in good shape, is all there and just needs cleaning and conditioning. I've had several Fred Muellers.

Here's what my reference says: Fred Mueller was born in the mid 1860's in St. Louis, Missouri. His first saddle shop was opened in 1891 at the historical address of 1415 Larimer Street, Denver, Colorado. It was located one block away from the West's first Wells Fargo office.

Mueller believed a cowboy should be able to do all his shopping at one shop. In addition to saddles, chaps and gun rigs, he carried spurs, bits, clothes, hats, boots and anything else a cowboy would need for himself or his horse.

He sold the business to his employees in 1917 and it continued until 1957. Mueller was known for making a sturdy, dependable saddle. He died in 1924.

Hope this helps.

Care to show us a picture?

Here's a pic for you...

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

also have a BONNY SADDLE made by the saddle maker in The Dalles, Oregon. He made my dad and brothers ropin saddles ages ago. Anyway this saddle he made for a lady who showed arabians. I just got lucky getting my hands on it.

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

Here is a pic of an old Fred Mueller I saw in a saddle shop here in Redmond about a year or so ago. MuellerHeiserHamley013.jpg

MuellerHeiserHamley011.jpgMuellerHeiserHamley010.jpgMuellerHeiserHamley015.jpgMuellerHeiserHamley014.jpg

I am a fan of the old Hamley's myself. There was a great old Hamley in this shop that I went in to take pics of and the Mueller was right there and looked like a good old saddle, so I got a few shots of it as well, hoping that Jack might enjoy them.

Hey dakota, that is a beautiful saddle. Something I would have bought. Those saddle are so-o-o-o-o comfy.

Ok me wants... very very pretty saddles.. now I know what I want to find if i look for a western saddle.