PacaPaca

The Blonde Bombshell (pics)

36 posts in this topic

The sun finally made an appearance today. Doesn't it know it's making it impossible to get the horses conditioned by not coming out before the middle of June? I took advantage and got some pics of D'Ora while I could:

Img_4429c.jpg

Img_4428b.jpg

Img_4429b.jpg

Img_4433b.jpg

Img_4436b.jpg

Is this the mare that was so over weight that you took in? Or am i so confused I don't know what I am talking about?

It is the mare I was thinking about then how about a before picture to compair the change.

She's beautiful Paca. Yup, we need more pics. She looks like a very very easy keeper.

Yes, Buck, that's the one. Poor thing could hardly walk when we brought her home. It took starving her (she thought) to get the weight off, and gradually letting her gain some back, but she's sound and rideable again. She's a real sweetheart now, and happy to ride along the road or trails. She'll make somebody a wonderful trail buddy and her paso llano is locked in and super smooth.

This was when we brought her home, for comparison:

gallery_20609_361_25936.jpg

Now if the weather would just cooperate so I could get her in shape!

*drool*

Maybe I should put a Peruvian on my wishlist along with a Paso Fino...she's just gorgeous! Great job with her, Paca!

Amanda :D

You can send her to me. We have to dry lot our horses, so her weight wouldn't be a problem. Plus, I need a gaited horse.....and she is just beautiful!

So pop her in a trailer heading for northern California.....please!

She looks wonderful Paca, you've done a great job getting her down to a better weight.

Years ago we had to trim down my sister's Christmas present, a Shetland pony. Charlie Brown could give the most pitiful/reproachful looks with his big brown eyes as we fed him. As we slowly cut back his rations he would give us "Is that all?" look as he gazed horrified into his food barrel.

With all the grain his owner dumped in his bucket & the bale of alfalfa she left in his 20'x20' pen. It's a miracle he wasn't dead from colic or foundered. The fat would just ripple when he moved.

Edited by dondie

She looks wonderful. :happy0203:

It sure has been easy to keep the sun fade away this year, hasn't it? Mine is also dark as can be.

She is outstandingly gorgeous! I always knew there was a beauty there. Back off people, she belongs to me! You can see her eyes asking "Where is my Remymomma and when is she coming for me?".

You have done a great job Marna. She looks absolutely wonderful. Will Jordan be riding her in competition this year? Is there a foal in the near future?

Edited to add.........She is my wallpaper! How's that for falling in love?

Edited by Remy

I just wish there was a way to make this....

Img_9076b.jpg

...permanent!

She looks beautiful Paca!!! Job well done!!

Thanks, guys. Remy, I swear she does expect to see you. Something softened in her while you were here. Maybe because she could feel that you loved her and didn't expect her to be any different than she is. There was something tangible, and it shows in the photo Megs posted.

Megs, I couldn't agree more. I really wish there was a way I could get her there.

No, Jordan won't be competing with her. D'Ora's a terrific little trail horse, but she wouldn't be competitive in the show ring. She doesn't have the arrogance or collection, and with the improper training and care she's had all her life, I don't think it's fair to try to make it happen. The poor girl still has rainrot scars on her croup. She hasn't had rainrot since we've had her, but the old scars are there. They may go away in time, I hope.

She's VERY well bred, from strong old lines, and there's no trot in her. I'd love to have a foal from her, but the one stallion I would want a foal from is also a palomino, and I don't want to risk a cremello foal. My number two choice (a chestnut) shipped to Canada, sadly.

So I will let D'Ora go to a trail-riding home where she can still pass on her bloodlines to a couple more foals that would be showstoppers if sired by the right stallion(s).

Unless she gets a one-way ticket to Malaysia first, of course. :winking:

I would like to someday find another mare we can show and eventually breed. I'm really picky, though. We already have a national champion mare that has had several foals, but I don't care for the disposition she passes on. (We didn't breed her.)

Wow, she's gorgeous!! Who does her hair... me want!!! [Not Worthy]

You have done a great job with her, Paca.

I have room here in Canada.

I have to add...... The other day John and I were talking about arrangements if one of us should "shuffle off". I know a bit creepy, but there are arrangements that should be made clear. Especially about the horses. Anyway he said to me "If anything happens to you I will never marry again." I responded, "If anything happens to you, hello Peruvian." He chuckled as he knows it is true. Guess where my heart is?

[ROTFL] [ROTFL] [ROTFL]

*wiping tears* Literally.

Remy, you cracked us ALL up. You are such a dear. [Huggy]

I hope Himself can sleep well tonight. :tongue9:

I'm not looking for a horse. I'm not looking for a horse. I'm not looking for a horse. Dang it! When I AM in the market it'll be for a gaited trail horse, and I even live in SW WA. Sigh....

Wow! She looks great. Too bad you are so far away. My youngest daughter would love her.

so I can't type now from all the drool in my keyboard LOL!! Outstanding job paca, she really is beautiful.

I have to add...... The other day John and I were talking about arrangements if one of us should "shuffle off". I know a bit creepy, but there are arrangements that should be made clear. Especially about the horses. Anyway he said to me "If anything happens to you I will never marry again." I responded, "If anything happens to you, hello Peruvian." He chuckled as he knows it is true. Guess where my heart is?

[ROTFL]

[ROTFL] Sis... It's good that he knows you so well. :tongue9:

Paca you have really improved upon that pretty horse and she's become a true beauty...

You know, Sis, I was thinking she'd do good in my pasture until you can get her. :winking:

That would be awesome Hast. If anyone else but Paca is going to own her, then it has to be you. Maybe we could work something out?

DraftHorse, don't make me hurt you!

LOL!!!!