Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KatyBradford

Round Pen Question

6 posts in this topic

It would take sixteen 12' panels to get a 60' diameter round pen.

Here's how to calculate how many panels of what size you'll need: Multiply the diameter you desire by 3.14 to determine the pen's circumference. Divide the circumference by the length of the panels you wish to use. Example: If you plan to use 12 foot panels to construct a 60 foot pen, multiply 60 by 3.14 to get a circumference of 188.4, then divide 188.4 by 12 (panel length) to get 15.7. So you will need 16 panels for a slightly larger than 60-foot pen.

It would take sixteen 12' panels to get a 60' diameter round pen.

Here's how to calculate how many panels of what size you'll need: Multiply the diameter you desire by 3.14 to determine the pen's circumference. Divide the circumference by the length of the panels you wish to use. Example: If you plan to use 12 foot panels to construct a 60 foot pen, multiply 60 by 3.14 to get a circumference of 188.4, then divide 188.4 by 12 (panel length) to get 15.7. So you will need 16 panels for a slightly larger than 60-foot pen.

Thanks! I knew there had to be a formula, but I definitely couldn't figure it out!

FYI- Those 12' panels are heavy to move!! I stick with 10' , 6 rail heavy duty panels....

Make sure you get the ones that are squared at the top-- not rounded. The rounded upper corners can catch a horses leg and bust it easily!