Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
horse_gal_jen

Lump In Lip After Impact

10 posts in this topic

so a few weeks ago my son was playing with a water bottle and accidentally tossed it at my face and it smacked me square in the lip.

He split my lip on the inside and outside and it went all puffy for a few days then went away.

for about a week after it appened though I had a canker type sore on the inside of my lip that was extremelty sore but t went away.

now yesterday I noticed there is a hard pea sized lump in the exact spot he hit me. seems to be somewhat moveable inside there but hard.

anyone ever had this, any ideas?

I called my doc to see what she said but of course he secretary says she is booked til end of June, she put me on the cancelation list but I know how that works.

I debated about calling my dentist but not sure if he'd be able to tell me waht it is.

Yep its pretty normal- I played rugby in high school and college a bit, and I was some how prone to getting hit in the lip with flying limbs. The bump will eventually go away, just part of the healing process!

It is normal. I have the same thing right now. Had a horse smack me in the face with its head and my teeth went through my bottom lip about a month ago. I still have a hard lump, like scar tissue inside my lip. It is getting smaller.

I bit clear through my lip a few years ago while playing at a water park. It took me a couple months before the lump was finally gone.

I had the exact same thing happen in junior high! Someone was throwing a water bottle to someone and my face got in the way. Split right open, turned purple, swelled up, the whole deal. I was Fat Lip for a few weeks. :angry: I had a little lump on it for a while afterwards.

I could be wrong, but I believe it is caused by blood. It rushes to the site initially to aid healing, 'dies' in there and clots up, and the body takes its time resorbing things and putting it all back to normal.

My friend got in a car accident back in high school and hit her arm really bad. She had a huge bruise (that looked like an elephant by the way, lol) and had to go get massage and physical therapy to break down the blood clots as it healed so that the lumps would dissolve and not interfere with muscle function.

Owie!! Hope your lip is okay!

Brenna

thanks for the replies all. i feel much better, I was worried about what it could be.

I've never had anything like that before.

thankfully it doesn't hurt cuase at the time when he hit me it HURT!!!

and I had just finished telling him not to do that in case it hit me and wham!

so I yelled cuase it hurt, scared him and he fell backwards and landed on one of his toys and started crying.

It was a real mess! so I carried him up the stairs to my hubby, him crying me bleeding, what a sight! lol

I split my lip on a car door years ago. I was ironically turning to my friend to tell her to watch the doors, because it was windy outside. Yeah, well.. as I turned around.. I caught the door with my face. It did have a bit of swelling for a while. I had a big fat lip for a while, too. Actually the worst part was the inside of my mouth where I got cut. All the salty foods made it sting. ouch! Now about 5 or 6 years later you can't really see it.. so I hope it heals up quickly for you, too!