Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Horsefeather

The Dark Crystal

17 posts in this topic

was a Jim Henson movie from the early 80's. about the 2 elves or whatever they were and they have to heal a crystal to fulfill a prophecy and save the world from evil. all kinds of wierd creatures only Jim Henson can create.

it was just on one of the movie channels. i havent seen this movie in like 25 years. it was one of my favorite movies as a child.

it seemed alot less horrifying when i was 5 years old.

Yup, I remember it. Jim was a MASTER at puppets though!

Edited by SpiffyGrl

Yup, I remember it. Jim was a MASTER at puppets though!

oh i dont deny that at all. no once can create the things he came up with. the movie just seemed...scarier..than i remembered from being 5.

Maybe because you have a sense of what actually truely scarey now and you didn't back then. I guess you could also say that back then they were just toys that someone put their hand in to make it come to life and it was 'fun'. :confused0024:

i dont know Spiff...but parts of it scared the crap of out of me. or really grossed me out.

shark week was less scary

Edited by Horsefeather

I remember that movie, my sis absolutely loved it.. me, eh.. not so much.. though I always loved Fraggle rock, that was jim henson too, wasn't it?

I dunno horsefeather. :confused0024:

Rettortxof: Yup, Fraggle Rock was a Jim creation. One of my favorites actually! lol!

Yup, watched it a lot as a kid. Watched it again recently on Netflix. Scary stuff.

The creepy bird guys voice always gets to me. My favorite Jim Henson movie is "The Labyrinth" I love Luto the rock guy.

Great movie. Scared me as a kid, and it sounds like I might find it even scarier now.

Edited by Kina Kat

The creepy bird guys voice always gets to me. My favorite Jim Henson movie is "The Labyrinth" I love Luto the rock guy.

LOVED the Labyrinth too! actually still have that one on dvd, it's sittin on my shelf, always liked the little Hoggle (I think?) oh and the red guys who'd toss their heads around, haha

I remember the Dark Crystal, loved that movie as a kid! Now, it kinda weirds me out, but I still like it...I showed it to my kids (3 & 7) recently, and they didn't like it as much as I still do, but maybe it'll grow on them?!! Labyrinth is awesome too, just introduced my kids to that one a month or so ago, now they really liked that one! LOL

:rotf: have it on dvd, loved it then love it now, i have to admit im suprised it didnt scare me as a kid. E.T. did, he still scares the cr@p outta me, with his long funky fingers! aaaahhh! anyway, my favorite character was/is Fizgig!LOVE him! i die laughing everythime he throws his little fit, i call my son (yes, my dog) Fizgig when he throws a fit! :yay:

I remember the skexies really creaping me out, back in the day, and then the rabbit looking things on stilts that the gelflings rode used to freak me out a little too. I have that movie on my computer. It wasn't as creepy, but it was still a little bit. Good movie though. I love the puppetry and the different creatures they created for the movie.

Hey SugarLady, if my memory serves me right,- which it doesnt always!- dont you have the pony Rocky? if so how is that little bada$$?!!