hequestrian

Update-Pixie Haircut- It's Time For Another Cut (Update Post #100)

114 posts in this topic

Alright...

In March I cut off over 10 inches of hair and donated it to Locks of Love.

Now I am debating... Do I grow it back out, keep it the same or... Cut it even shorter? I have always loved the pixie type haircut on other women.. But I am unsure if it would look okay on me...

So... I need all of your honest opinions. :)

Thanks!

Me Pre Chopping all of my hair off:

e3e322c9.jpg

Short Hair:

38036fa5.jpg

20a31ac7.jpg

What I might do?

0391a83e.jpg

Other options:

katie-holmes-after.jpg

short-natalie-portman-1010-de.jpg

Suggestions? Thoughts?

Thank you all for looking :)

Edited by hequestrian

I think you could TOTALLY pull it off. It definitely takes a certain face to do it and you are beautiful! I think Natalie Portman's face is similar to yours - very strong jaw, really pretty eyes, you have the face a makeup artist would LOVE to get their hands on and play around on - not that you need makeup, but you have a great "canvas"!!!

One of my friends did "Shave to Save" (mostly men, grow their beards the month of Nov, then shave it off for American Cancer Society). Well, my friends is gorgeous, she had beautiful blond curly hair, and shaved.her.head - she raised like $3000!!! And now she's kept it short and its just adorable! And she likes not having to do her hair every day!!!

I think, with how many beautiful hollywood women doing it, its definitely a chic haircut right now. Find a reallllly good stylist, though. Not something you want to mess around with. Find some real women on the street with the cut and just ask them who does it.

And if you do, we MUST see pics!!!

Wanted to add you look to have a heart shaped face, as I do. This is perfect for short hair...

Thank you all for your responses! I appreciate all of the compliments!

Spunkers Gal- You are so pretty. Love your hair too... So many options.

I would definitely go to a stylist I trust or I would as you said ask someone who has great hair.

I have very thick hair and not having to do anything would be very nice. When I cut it short it was much easier and faster so I can only imagine how great it would be that short.

I like it long, but think you could pull off the pixie cut as well!! My mom likes the pixie cut the most!

I loved your hair-length in the last pic you posted, the one where you're in the LBD. When you mentioned the pixie haircut I immediately thought of N. Portman and K. Knightley ... and I think you'd look FABULOUS with that haircut! I also remember SG posting about her haircut and she showed it styled several different ways; smooth,tousled and spike-y ... you really aren't limited with short hair. In fact, I think long hair limits your styling options.

In fact, you could start with the super-short Pixie and as it grows out, it can easily morph into these longer, but still short, styles.

Alyssa-Milano-032862.jpg

Keira-Knightley-Pixie-fb-72697509.jpg

b809e_keira-knightley-bob-hair-style1.jpg

And I really think you'd look like the short-haired girl in Burlesque.

So ... GO FOR IT!

Edited by Heidi n Q

Dam you're gorgeous!

And yes I think you could pull it off. And if you didn't like it, it would grow back! Go for it!

So ... GO FOR IT!

Dam you're gorgeous!

And yes I think you could pull it off. And if you didn't like it, it would grow back! Go for it!

You are all very sweet. Confidence boosters for sure! :happy0203:

That is what I think. My hair is a bit longer than it was in that picture in the LBD (that was take on my bday in June) I have had a trim in between but it is definitely hitting my shoulders at this point.

I love the pictures you shared Heidi n Q! Great cuts! thank you sooo much! :yahoo:

I love the pictures you shared Heidi n Q! Great cuts! thank you sooo much! :yahoo:

You're welcome! I know for myself, I have an easier time visualizing my haircut ideas if I have an actual image to get the idea from. Have you seen the movie Burlesque? One of the dancers had a pixie haircut and she was fureekin adorable. With you face shape and dark haircolor, I think you'd look a lot like that beautiful actress/dancer. You can definitely pull it off!

You're welcome! I know for myself, I have an easier time visualizing my haircut ideas if I have an actual image to get the idea from. Have you seen the movie Burlesque? One of the dancers had a pixie haircut and she was fureekin adorable. With you face shape and dark haircolor, I think you'd look a lot like that beautiful actress/dancer. You can definitely pull it off!

I was trying to google and see which actress it is. I have not seen the movie. :(

Yes! I agree with Serah -- you have the right kind of face for such a haircut. Looking forward to pics if you get it cut.

Oh! I tried googling, too, but I couldn't find her. I *know* I was able to find pics of her in an earlier search, shortly after I'd seen the movie ... but I can't find them now.

Dangit! Sorry.

I tried videos and found her!

This one, at :48 shows the girl w/ short, dark hair in a chair behind Aguilera. She is wearing a piano-keyboard skirt.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Burlesque+movie+dancers&view=detail&mid=531524D72C8B64383648531524D72C8B64383648&first=0&FORM=LKVR8

Movie trailer, but no good shots of the short haired girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ygouz2lLOw

About 1:33 for the short haired girl, but none of the shots show her for very long.

Okay! THIS ONE shows her cute haircut the best!

HA! I just found her!!!!

...I clicked through all the girl names at IMDb until I got her...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2544763/

Haha I do have similar features!

If I get it cut you all will be the first to know. Now I just have to find the monies/ nerve to pay a talented stylist to chop off the locks!

Appointment to get hair cut at 4:30! Still deciding if Im going to go for it big time or maybe just go for a short bob... We shall see!

I agree that you have the perfect face for short hair! Or long hair! You're beautiful either way!

Can't wait to see pictures of the new "do"!! :winking:

I say go for it! You can definitely pull off short hair, and you'll be thrilled with how much easier it is to take care of. You'll look sassy!

I think you'll love that hair style. I'v worn it for most of my life. Very easy - wash and wear kind of thing.

Always figured what the heck hair will grow back. I've cut it very, very short in the same style and let it grown to a couple of inches. Both work well.

Can't wait to see you with your new hair cut.

You are all too sweet. I am leaning towards-

Michelle-Williams-short-straigth-haircut.jpg

(short)

elisha-cuthbert-latest-22.jpg

And I still LOVE this one:

Natalie-Portman-pixie-hair-cut.jpg

Pretty but not sure if I could do it... Also would it have to be styled like that every day?.... haha

evan-rachel-wood-true-blood4-premiere-LA07_4e03566d6dae5-t.jpg

Im glad to have supporters on my crazy should I or should I not and what do I do hair saga

Mine will either lay flat in layers or I can use a little hair wax to lift and give it texture. Has to be easy to do - I just can't be bothered with gels & sprays & all those hair products. (Want to be able to wear my riding helmet without washing my hair first!)

I like them all! haha

You could start with the one of Portman (the one you said you loved) then as your hair grows out a little you could do some of the others like the first pic and the last pic!

Also, in the last pic you could probably wear the hair down like bangs too. I don't think you would always have to wear it up in a faux-hawk, but that would be a good question for the stylist!

I also LOVE the look on the right in the second pic.

Mine will either lay flat in layers or I can use a little hair wax to lift and give it texture. (Want to be able to wear my riding helmet without washing my hair first!)

I just might be PMing you with questions about what products you use. I am sure to be a failure at first haha. So far I pretty much have just straightened my hair, done nothing, or put mouse in and let it dry wavy. Short short hair will be a new thing for me.

I like them all! haha

You could start with the one of Portman (the one you said you loved) then as your hair grows out a little you could do some of the others like the first pic and the last pic!

Also, in the last pic you could probably wear the hair down like bangs too. I don't think you would always have to wear it up in a faux-hawk, but that would be a good question for the stylist!

I also LOVE the look on the right in the second pic.

Good Idea... I think I will probably go just a little longer than the one I love haha (I'm a chicken.) and I don't know that I would ever be brave enough for a faux hawk but it looks SWEET. (on her)

I just might be PMing you with questions about what products you use. I am sure to be a failure at first haha. So far I pretty much have just straightened my hair, done nothing, or put mouse in and let it dry wavy. Short short hair will be a new thing for me.

Good Idea... I think I will probably go just a little longer than the one I love haha (I'm a chicken.) and I don't know that I would ever be brave enough for a faux hawk but it looks SWEET. (on her)

haha yeah I know what you mean.

I would just go in and bring some pictures with you and tell the stylist that you want a pixie haircut that has styling options, but you don't want it to be too high maintenance. Maybe he/she will have some ideas/suggestions.

Oh, how I wish I could have short hair.

Me too. Heck I would be happy with some hair period.

haha yeah I know what you mean.

I would just go in and bring some pictures with you and tell the stylist that you want a pixie haircut that has styling options, but you don't want it to be too high maintenance. Maybe he/she will have some ideas/suggestions.

Have all of these pictures saved on my phone to show. She has been doing my hair for years and I have a feeling she is going to rebel at my request haha.

Oh, how I wish I could have short hair.

Me too. Heck I would be happy with some hair period.

As for you two- I have SOOOOO much. My hair brings thick a new meaning. Everytime I get it cut I get it thinned because otherwise it literally just won't dry. It takes forever even with a blowdryer. Not as bad at the length it is now and Im sure it'll be awesome pixie style but when I wore it long... It would stay wet for days if I didn't blow dry it.

Pics ASAP when I get done!

As for you two- I have SOOOOO much. My hair brings thick a new meaning. Everytime I get it cut I get it thinned because otherwise it literally just won't dry.

Mine's like that too. Make sure you ask her if the cut will work with the texture and thickness of your hair. Sometimes mine just won't do what I wish it would. (I have short hair.)