PeppySue

Texas People #6

2,972 posts in this topic

Mz that sort of thing Is totally mind boggling!

Makes me think about my small rural high school in Cypress and how every dudes truck in the parking lot had a shot gun or deer rifle in the gun rack. Kids duked it out in the halls between classes practically every day but no one ever went out to their trucks and got their gun!

It's definitely a sign of the times.

Hope you all don't get what the GD has.

It's still raining here. We need it but I think it's going to rain the next two days. Blah

I will have to get out tomorrow and buy some groceries, when my food is gone I start eating unhealthy.

Been out of eggs, so this morning I had a bowl of heart to heart cereal with almond milk and fruit and I am so bloated and uncomfortable from the grain right now. I hate that feeling! I'm waiting for the pain and inflammation to hit too.

Haven't started a crochet project yet. I've been practicing making chain stitches trying to loosen up my hands and get some consistent tension and muscle memory going before I start a project. My hands are in bad shape, so It's not been easy, but my chains don't twist any more and the tension is more consistent.

I'm hoping doing the fine motor activity of crochet will help my hands. Wait and see.

Edited by QH_LUV_R

The rain is nice for the bluebonnets and trees but not for going anywhere. The dining room is complete and the hall and bathroom are in the beginning stages.

Mz - Hope you don't get sick.

QH - Too weird about the survey. I hope the crocheting helps your hands. The first project I ever did was a baby blanket which turned out pretty well. Made another baby blanket, a full size blanket, and then moved on to hats and scarves. Look forward to seeing your project.

QH, looking forward to seeing pictures of your projects! Let me know if the crocheting helps your hands. I might have to give it a try if it does.

All the pickups(even the girls) in the school parking lot when I was in school had guns in the racks in the cab. Trucks were also never locked! We would have never dreamed of bringing one into the building! I actually kind of feel sorry for the kid. That stupid remark will be on his record now forever.

I agree Mz. he made a stupid stupid mistake.

I believe kids are lost today because America has gotten away from morals, common sense and discipline. Parents today raise entitled rude little punks demanding absolutely nothing from them in exchange for material things.

I was a tough love Mom, you know the rules, if you break them...you will suffer the consequences 100% of the time.

Don't roll your eyes at me, talk back or raise your voice and I will respect you, support you and do whatever I can to help you achieve.

They must have appreciated it because Amanda was even harder on Trace than I was on her.

Oh the mistakes I see clueless parents making, it's no wonder their kids are train wrecks by the time they turn two.

Gotta dry my hair and head to Kroger. Picking Trace up and we're going to see Saving Mr Banks. There are 4-5 movies out now that are a must see for me.

I started what they call a "dish cloth" last night with two colors of yarn. It was the easiest thing I could find. Made me go wow how did I do all those hard projects back then. This is about as simple as it gets and I had to rip a round out because I read the directions wrong.

I think just interpreting the directions is half the battle. Wish there was a tutorial on that!

QH, you might look on you-tube for how to videos. I have heard that there are lots of them on there for variuos things.

Yeah, I was pretty hard on the grandchildren when they came to live here. The older 2 had pretty much raised the younger 3. AT 4 and 3, the younger three had never had a set bedtime, been taught to pick up their stuff, nothing. The first few days were rough to say the least! We had a crate for shoes, hooks on the front door for backpacks and jackets and a laundry hamper. If anything was found, owner got called to pick it up! They knew the rules and the consequences for not following them. They had assigned chores and set bedtime. Now, 16 years later, they are all good kids! Responsible, honest and caring.

Have fun with Trace at the movies!

Mz I will check that out. Trace learns how to do all kinds of cool things on YouTube.

And kudos to you and DH for stepping up and raising your grand children. It's not easy to do being older and you're done raising kids.

It amazes me how quickly kids can become rotten with poor parenting. Good kids truly do begin when you bring them home from the hospital.

Amanda's BF since 4th grade was there almost daily when Trace was born up until he was about 7-8. Then she hooked up with this guy Amanda couldn't stand, heck no one could! They eventually got married.

She hasn't seen this friend for a while, so we don't know her two young boys. But we have heard horror stories about them. How bad can they be?

Amanda ran into a HS friend of theirs at Christmas and he told her this girl and her husband had lost all their friends because their boys are such monsters. No one wants to be around them.

Thing is, this girl was there almost every day watching Amanda parent, watching me parent Trace the way Amanda wanted me to when he was in my care. She saw the benefits of expecting good behavior and consistent discipline.

I saw her a few years ago in Walmart. Actually...I heard a child screaming a blood curdling scream over and over again. It was so over the top annoying, shoppers were talking about it.

As I passed the coffee aisle, I saw Anandas friend and in her cart, a precious little red head boy.

Then he deliberately screeched again, right up in her face. She took his hand and told him to hush and he raised his fist to her and hit her as hard as he could in her face! It wasn't the act of striking her that bothered me as much as the look on his face as he did it. I'm talking a 3-4 year old child!

She looked around to see if anyone had witnessed what just happened. I ducked around the corner and I don't think she saw me.

I was so mortified for her and sorry that I had to witness that. My heart is still broken for her that she can't enjoy her children as much as Trace has been a joy to us.

QH, seeing something like that is so sad! You would like to help but know she won't listen! There is a future criminal. You do start teaching the kids as soon as you get them home from the hospital! You do expect good behavior. You have to set limits and consequences for bad behavior. The hardest part sometimes it sticking to the consequences! Yes, you can do time out, take away things/privileges, etc. But sometimes, a good swift smack on the rear will get the point across much better! So sad!

Mz it's true.

Amanda had read a book called Baby Wise for newborns and she was adament about certain things like putting Trace down for naps/the night, while he was still awake and not rock him to sleep as so many people like do..especially Nana's lol.

He never had sleep problems which was great because there was 4 adults in the house that needed rest.

Got the AC guy coming in a bit. We had to run the AC yesterday because of the humidity, Paul can't breathe in the house when it's too high.

About 5:00 I noticed it was 73 in the house so I suspected something was broken. Sure enough...the compressor wasn't running.

Sure hope it's just a switch.

Need to eat something before they get here. Lovin this SUN!!!

Hope the a/c problem is something cheap to fix!

Took my neighbor trailer shopping yesterday. She is fixing to come in to some money and is looking to get a new trailer to live in. Her old one is in really bad shape and not worth what it would cost to fix it. I could not believe the price on some of the smaller trailers! Yes, they were nice but not that nice! We looked at a couple of double wides also. Sure wouldn't mind living in a some of them!

We were going to go to the Home and Garden Show today but she isn't feeling well. Maybe tomorrow. Need to look for coupons to get in!

Not much on today but cleaning house and laundry. Also joined a DVD swap site. Already have 3 DVD's to mail out! Need to look to see what I want to order. Only cost ismailing the DVD out. For every one you mail, you get a credit to order another DVD. Got a laundry basket of movies to get listed!

Mz see if you have a local dealer that buys repairs and resells mobile homes. You get some amazing deals that way and they are really nicely refurbished.

We have a dealer in NW that everyone gets theirs from. The prices are so reasonable they are able to pay them off quickly or pay cash and build on their land sooner. New mobile homes are such a bad investment. Been there done that wished wed bought refurbished.

They usually offer financing along with moving and set up.

AC was a quick cheap fix, a relay wire $60! I'm happy!

Edited by QH_LUV_R

Great news on the a/c!

There is a place in Austin that does the refurbishing. We checked there yesterday. They didn't have anything as small as she is looking for. She wants a 1 bedroom, 1 bath with a living room and kitchen.

Almost finished cleaning. Got the kitchen done, 1 load of wash done, trash burned and living room vacummed. Found out the GS will be bringing the boys over this afternoon! Off to finish!

She's going to have a difficult time finding a one bedroom, two maybe.

I wish her all the best finding something suitable.

We stayed in last night. Everyone bailed on Amanda singing karaoke. She and Doug went to dinner instead.

Paul and I are heading into Houston to look for a new couch today.

I am loving this weather. Could be warmer for my liking, but the sunshine is so appreciated after all the rain we had.

Edited by QH_LUV_R

Yeah, I am loving the sun also! Wore shorts and a sleeveless shirt all day. Got the bulletins done and made a store run to get bubble mailers. Joined a internet DVD swap and posted all the DVD's that have been collecting dust. Already have 6 to mail! Now to choose which DVD's I want for the credits! Will definitely be making a post office run tomorrow.

We are heading to the Home and Garden show in Austin in a little while. Hubby is even going! Need to get up and get ready!

How was the home and garden show? I wish the venues those shows come to weren't so far from us, I would love to go once in a while.

We bought a couch, well we ordered one because we wanted it in a different leather. It's an L shaped sectional with a 48"x48" ottoman. I'll have to get rid of a love seat, 2 recliners, an end table and coffee table to get it to fit.

Paul got a theater chair matching recliner.

Can't wait for it to get here Saturday.

Congrats on you new couch QH.

Mz - Have fun shopping for your DVD's.

The warm weather is great. Wish it could stay a little longer. The painting is progressing. The bathroom and hall are done and the second bedroom is primed. He returns on Tuesday and hopefully that will be it. Touch ups shouldn't take very long and then I will post pics.

OH, Peppy, can't wait to see the pictures!

QH, Can't wait to see the pictures of your new living room!

We had a good time at the H&G Show. Course it was at the Convention Center in downtown Austin. I so hate driving down there! Saw lots of interesting things. Some I would love to have but just flat can't afford! One lady was demonstrating fingernail polish pens. She painted a bumble bee, a flower and a french tip with them on my right hand. Now, GD can't find her nail polish remover! They had wood flooring there that I loved and want to put in this house. They also had a couple of booths of dog trainers there as well as the Austin Humane Society with dogs. Was very impressed with one of the trainers. Bought Bella a chew toy that hopefully she can't destroy! She loves to chew up plastic!

Woo been a busy 3 days.

Paul is off all week per Dr. orders. He had a bad weekend trying to breathe, O2 was low 80's and generally feeling yucky. Went to his Dr. yesterday thinking it was the end of working for him. But good news Dr J said this is the lingering affects of the virus causing an infection. Dr said even healthy people were having trouble kickin it. And the cedar pollen is over the top right now.

He's on 2 anti biotics and steroids and is supposed to stay on O2 at all times and continue daily breathing treatments.

Peppy I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to see the house.

Mz are you still sporting the bumblebee and flower? Lol

I'm getting excited to get the furniture. It's spurring me to repaint the living dining and kitchen.

My rugs are cocoa/beige/gold with dusky turquoise blue accents. I want to see how the "sable" leather I chose looks before I pick my paint.

I want a cocoa and aqua scheme but don't know if I want the walls light cocoa with aqua accents or vice versa.

Trouble is, my pantry door is red as are my kitchen aid counter top appliances. I can paint a door but can't afford to buy new appliances in turquoise.

But oh how I love the new Tiffany blue kitchen aid color!

A garage sale would give me the money I need but Paul won't let me have one, says it's an excuse for people to case your house and come back and rob us.

QH, that is a tough decision! Think I would have to go with the light cocoa walls and aqua accents. To tye in the red appliances and pantry door, maybe a splash of red/aqua like an accent rug in the living room or dining room? Not good at decorating! If hubby ever finishes the addition to the living room, I will have to repaint also. Trying to decide how to do it since we will be taking out the antique paneling wainscotting when we do repaint! It was used when we put it in 20+ years ago and definitly is showing its age! He likes the wainscotting look so need to figure out some way to do it that looks good. I am a "paint it all off white" kind of person!

Not much going on today. Just some cleaning and laundry. Got my first seed catalog and am getting a bit of spring fever!

Mz that's what I was thinking on how to bring in the red. I Love pillows so that's one way. But I sort of love just the cocoa/aqua look.

Dad loved his seed catalogs too. Wish I had the ground to garden. Maybe our next place will be.

I've been busy in the kitchen. Got a double recipe of olive oil mayo made. I made ranch dressing with half and I do believe this batch is my best.

Then I made my first jar of ghee (clarified butter) with organic butter.

Wasn't as hard as I thought just time consuming to skim off the milk fat and strain off the solids. I can't wait to cook with it.

Those colors sounds great QH. I agree with Mz that the cocoa walls with aqua accents would be a great look. The painting is progressing. The spare room is almost done and the master bedroom has the ceiling done and a coat of primer on the wall. It's been taking three coats of paint to cover the yellow. One layer of primer and two of the color. The trim has three coats of white as yes, that was yellow too. With both bedrooms dismantled I am sleeping on the floor tonight as I have no bed. Hopefully all can be completed tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. Can't wait to show ya'll the new colors.

Looking forward to all the new pictures! I was looking at borders yesterday thinking about when I do paint the living room. Since hubby likes the wainscotting and this paneling we have is so ragged, it is going! I was thinking of doing the lower part of the walls in a blue or green, top of the walls in off white or lighter blue or green with a wallpaper border where the colors meet. Since the living room is such an odd shape with windows that are at 2 levels and a half wall between the living room and kitchen, deciding where to put the split is going to be fun! Fortunately most of the furniture is in dark neutral colors, I can go with just about any color I want. Will have to get pictures to show the odd shape! I know I still need to get pictures of the Durango and bird seed ornaments!

Not much going on today, need to run to the post office and mail a book. I joined a paperback book swap site. You list your books and mail them to someone when they request one. In return you get a credit to order a book from someone else. Also joined a DVD swap site for movies. Cleared the movie shelf of all the movies we don't watch anymore. Listed about 80! Already mailed 7 of them. Will have to pick out some movies when I get the credits!

Mz have fun choosing colors the possibilities are endless!

I'm procrastinating packing Christmas up so I thought I'd post a pic of the model couch we ordered. Ours will have an arm and no chaise on the wall side and the L part into the room will be two seats not 3.

The kids are coming Sat. to move the old stuff out onto the back porch and I'm going to vacuum and mop the whole area. I can't wait to see the couch with the new rug I bought in Nov.

I can't wait to buy pillows! I am really going to miss my lamp and end table storage though. I'm going to use my gift card to Bed Bath and Beyond for either pillows or a new floor lamp to go behind the couch. I already have a tray to use on the ottoman for drinks but it won't replace having a table.

This is the leather I chose, it's called sable.

IMG_0967_zps02fbe7ca.jpg

IMG_3182_zps6e2bbaff.jpg

Ok, I finally got all the pictues downloaded from the camera!

Mathias, my widdle puppy

Miscpictures1-15-14018_zpsa1d78eac.jpg

Bell first picture in August

Miscpictures1-15-14010_zps405ab06d.jpg

Bella in December grooming the cat!

Miscpictures1-15-14015_zpsba822304.jpg

My Durango

Miscpictures1-15-14033_zpsed8bad48.jpg

Enough for this post!

Edited by Mz Rat

Well, crack! It doesn't show the titles on the pictures! Got it edited to tell what the pictures are! Will be sure to label the living room pictures. Wasn't till I looked at the pictures that I realized what a wreck that room is!

Bird seed ornament

Miscpictures1-15-14025_zps3948020e.jpg

Front door and closet Southwest corner

Miscpictures1-15-14031_zpsbb0ebb88.jpg

West side new addition

Miscpictures1-15-14027_zps497a4f42.jpg

North side

Miscpictures1-15-14028_zps1066d717.jpg

East side to kitchen Dang I sure need to burn trash!

Miscpictures1-15-14029_zpsc3ecce59.jpg

rest of east side

Miscpictures1-15-14030_zps7b150c73.jpg

Mz you have a job on your hands figuring out that color scheme. Amanda's is chopped up too but she figured out how to do it and it looks great, so you will too. Love your wood stove.

Did you know it's almost impossible to install a do it yourself wood stove after market any more?

Jason did some welding work for his neighbor who gave him 2 wood stoves. When he went to buy the pipe kit to install them through the wall, it's not available. He tried to rig something that would be fire safe but it's just not possible.

Troy put one in his mobile home and had the same problem but managed to rig it somehow.

Pretty sure the insurance Lobby had something to do with it because our feed store had to dismantle theirs because insurance would not cover them with it in use. I sure missed the hot peanuts when I bought feed in winter. Lol

Loving these sunny days. Need to buy feed today, I'm thinking about going down to Bed Bath and Beyond see what they have.

Honestly though, our super Kroger store has the prettiest pillows at the best prices. And great sheet deals.

We went and saw Saving Mr. Banks last night. We liked it a lot.

Yeah, that living room is going to be a real PIA to do!

We don't have any problem getting wood stove pipes. Can he order it online? We have had ours for over 20 years. At first the pipe went out a window we took the glass out of and installed a sheet of metal. We finally found the piece to go through the wall but I am not sure where hubby got it. While I love the wood stove, there are times I wish we had central heating and a/c! I know with central a/c our summer electric bills would be less!

I'm getting so excited about the furniture coming tomorrow.

Doug and Amanda were going to move the furniture out for us tomorrow but Doug has class. So I guess they're coming tonight. Don't know what we'll sit on until the furniture gets here tomorrow. Lol

I need to vac and steam mop the floors tomorrow and shoot I forgot to buy castors for the feet so we can easily move the couch to vacuum. It's too heavy to tip back like we do now.

I made the best cabbage rolls last night. Paul ate 3! The steroids give him an appetite. And I made him the Paleo sweet potato brownies because he had a sweet tooth and was wanting candy.

We heard from Paul's brother H with a diagnosis on his sons kidneys. He has sclerosis of the kidneys. All they are doing now is a high dose of steroids.

I sent her links to the 3 homeopathic supplements that helped Paul's fibrosis and she's going to get them for him.

She's also getting the Whole30 book to read. Turns out, H just found out he has high blood sugar and Is pre-diabetic.

Paul's Dad was an insulin dependent diabetic, so Marisa is adament to make changes in their diets ASAP.

H is a sugarholic like me so it's going to be hard for him to detox. But he's scared about becoming diabetic like his dad so hopefully he'll be motivated to make the changes he needs to bring his sugar down.

Paul has a follow up this morning. He's feeling better says his breathing is better. Hopefully his O2 numbers will support that.

Guess I'll get to my housework. I cooked up meals and did dishes all day yesterday. So today I HAVE to pack up Christmas!!!

Not much going on here today! Hubby's new dog chewed up my new $22 pair of clippers. We got them at the home and garden show. Need to look on line to see if they make replacement handles for them! That dog has such a plastic habit. She has even taken things out of the kid's toy box to chew up! so far that is the only bad habit she has. She and the Moose have been sleeping outside the last couple of nights. I made the mistake of trying a different chicken and rice dog food last week. Poor Mooseman has had such bad gas it woke me up at night!

MIL found a house already! She went to look at 2 yesterday and fell in love with one of them. Looks like we will be moving her sooner than I thought! Was planning that for this summer. Once she gets the house, she will have movers move what she wants to take with her and will fit in the new house. Then the siblings get their choice of what is left. What is left after that will be sold by one of the estate sale companies.

Hope the new diet and supplements help Paul's brother and nephew!

Edited by Mz Rat

Hey everybody checking I real fast :)

We are good.

Quick update on baby girl she seeing her orthopedic on the 23rd of this month for her good side of her hip. It's started popping an clicking with any movement. Hopefully it is just growing.

We are also being referred to a Pulmonologist at cooks because we finally got the results back from her sleep apnea monitor.

They said at one point she quit breathing for 20 seconds and at another time her heart rate dropped down to 21. Which is dangerously low.

We are doing good other than that though.