PeppySue

Texas People #6

2,972 posts in this topic

Goodness Aggie I will keep Natalie in my prayers. And I hope she will out grow the apnea and the heart rate dropping is temporary.

Mz don't you just hate that about young dogs?!!

Trace has lost a few good things to Ann during the night. She has a thing for leather...mainly his knife cases. She can't be trusted so she stays in the kennel at night. She is so goofy I need to get some current pics of her.

I hate hearing the news about Heartfelt! I pray she will recover completely, meanwhile I will keep her in my prayers.

Aggie, glad to hear from you! Hope Baby Girl outgrows her problems! Good luck!

Yeah, I was just reading about HeartFelt! Prayers have been sent!

QH, did you get the new furniture?

Mz it's scheduled to be here today between 3:00-8:00.

Of course I'm hoping for earlier rather than later.

Kids didn't make it last night to carry furniture out but Amanda and Trace are coming today. Paul wanted his chair to sit in last night. He's such a comfort hog.

I got all my Christmas packed up and Trace is going to carry it up to the attic for me. Don't judge me for taking advantage of his love for going up there. Haha

If my Christmas decorations depended on me to get them to the attic, they would live in the living room! My kids get them back to the attic every year. They also get them down!

QH, so how does the new furniture look in the living room? Bet is looks really good!

Need to do bulletins, clean house and do laundry today. GS is supposed to bring in the freezer today. Not doing much good sitting out in the yard! Course the spot I cleared in the store room for it has been filled with "stuff"! Will have to clear it again!

QH - Can't wait to see your furniture in your home. You picked out a good looking set and color scheme.

Mz - You do have a project on your hands. The living room will look so good when you get it done.

Aggie - Good to hear from you. Hope baby girl's issue is easily resolved. Will keep you and her in my prayers.

The house painting is finally done. Still see one or two spots I can touch up myself but otherwise I am cleaning up the mess and getting the house back to normal. I'm also working on a paper due tomorrow that is a pain. Pictures should be up Monday or Tuesday so ya'll can see the new colors. I will say that there is no more yellow anywhere and the house looks and feels a lot better.

Bindi has an ear infection which I have meds for. She is such a good trooper and stays still while I put the drops in. She is still her hyper self even though I know her ear bothers her and gets gunky (which I clean out daily). It's such a nice day out which makes doing the paper all the more unbearable. Might sneak away for awhile after I get a page done.

Peppy I am so happy your painting is done. Can't wait to see it.

Sorry you couldn't enjoy this pretty day because you had the paper to do.

Furniture came on time right at 3:00. It's huge! But strangely it actually makes the room look bigger.

I will send some pics to PB and get on the computer tomorrow and post them.

I am pooped. I cleaned today, vac'd, mopped and cooked for a crowd tonight.

Got the kitchen cleaned up and really need to go to bed but I don't want to. I want to enjoy the furniture.

Think I'll go look for pillows tomorrow. The couch really needs something to break up the length.

Poor puppies, we decided they aren't going to be allowed on the couches. Andy's claws already put a scratch on the couch arm when he was trying to cross the table to get in Paul's lap.

I brought Penney's bed in off the porch and put her blanket in it, she crawled right in and I covered her up. They'll just have to learn.

Can't wait to see all the new pictures! We have the annual Congregation Meeting at church today. We will have a pot luck lunch after. I started King Ranch Chicken while GS & GD were cooking supper. It got too crowded in the kitchen so I set it aside till they were done. And Forgot it! I finally got it in the oven about 12:45! Had to cook for 45 minutes then had to let it cool enough to put in the fridge! I want a nap but have to get ready for church! GS is here with the boys today and I got woke up to their noise.

It's so nice today! Hope everyone has a great day.

Mz I love king ranch chicken. Used to be my favorite at the pot lucks at Church. I do miss those dinners once a month.

I'm going to head to Conroe and look for an aqua afghan, pillows and a lamp.

Then stop at Kroger super store for groceries and they have the best prices for pillows.

When I get some color on the couch and ottoman, I'll get a pic and post it.

Here it is with color. I can't wait to get paint on the walls. I found the afghan at Pier 1, paid full price for it but I couldn't leave the store without it. I got the solid blue pillows at Penney's on sale for just over $8 each and the flowered ones I got at Kroger on sale also! The pillows are aqua but don't show true in the pic for some reason. There is a cocoa stripe in the afghan but you can't tell it either.

All I want to do is sit on it! I'll never get any work done. :surrender:

IMG_3205_zps318e6a7f.jpg

Edited by QH_LUV_R

That living room set looks great QH. You did a great job with the pillows and afghan. I'd want to sit on it too.

Thank you Peppy I had fun doing it. Decorating is probably the most fun thing I can do with myself lol

I'm debating whether to get new drapes or measure and order wood blinds like I have in the bathrooms and our bedroom. They are just $50 a window, drapes are more than that! And they collect dust which is bad for Paul's lungs.

Wood blinds are what help sell homes now too. Going to run it by Paul and measure and order them today.

That looks great! Your living room must be huge! A couch that big would not fit in my living room! I would go with the wood blinds also. Drapes/curtains around here are just kitty climbing poles!

Gotta have GD in Elgin by 10:30 for a choir thing for MLK day. I am so not a morning person anymore! Will do pantry shopping while I am in town. Need to fold laundry, clean up the kitchen and sort freezers when we get home. Yech, I just want to go back to bed!

I used to not be a morning person, but now I like getting up early on my own without being a slave to an alarm/job. Day goes too fast IMO, sleeping in.

But what I do hate is having to be somewhere in the morning, I will not schedule appointments before 10:00. For my mental health, I must begin my day in quiet with the pups and my coffee.

Speaking of quiet, Paul left for a dental appt. I have my house to myself!!!

I am in HEAVEN! No TV, sports, old western shoot um ups or gangster movies!

Mz I suppose it is a large room. The house is 50"x 30" rectangle with one main room in center, divided by a central fireplace with the living room in front and dining/kitchen/pantry/utility rm. in back.

Off the main room on one end are two bedrooms/bath and our bedroom/bath is on the other end. Advantages of the design are, not one inch of wasted space. Disadvantages are, you can't sleep if someone is watching TV. All wood floors and no carpet makes a house really really loud!

But I love my house and I'm scared when I'm done updating, I won't be able to sell it to a stranger and move closer to the kids.

I fear it will take a special house to get me out.

My house is a lot like yours QH with little wasted space. I have taken the pics . . .

Living Room & Dining Room - Color is called Divine Diana

photo4_zps4af3c757.jpg

2nd Bedroom - Color is Terrace Garden

photo6_zpsb9a52519.jpg

Bathroom - Color is Soothing Slumber

photo13_zps98d92912.jpg

Master Bedroom in next post.

Before color:

photo21_zps6e76998d.jpg

After: Color is called Iris Bud

photo18_zps44e46206.jpg

The hall is painted Chiffon which is like a grayish blue color.

Looks great, Peppy! Looks like your painter did a good job. I will be so glad to get mine done! It will be spring before hubby can finish out the living room as we will have to re-do the wall where the french doors to the porch are. Don't want to take out a wall till it is warm enough to leave it open!

Got the new freezer in over the weekend finally! Moved stuff from the refrigerator freezers into the big freezer today. Found a lot of things I forgot were in there! Will be eating good for a couple of weeks. Sent 2 kitchen trash bags of stuff to the neighbor for her dogs. Got all the laundry washed, dried, folded and put away.

Have an appointment with a lady about insurance tomorrow. Will find out what is/is not covered and how much it is going to cost us that we don't have! So do not want to do this!

I have something fun to share. The link is to an article from the HV Item paper about my closest friend Kathy's grandson. He is the son of her daughter Melissa, who was the first horsey friend our kids met here in New Waverly. Back then...the kids practically lived on their horses during the summer and after school.

Melissa trains horses and Mason rodeos. She used to do her student lessons astride with him in a snuggly so you could literally say he grew up on a horse. I couldn't be prouder of him.

And guess who did a story on him yesterday? The Ellen Show. They must have seen this story on the AP wire and called and interviewed him. The producer told Melissa they would let her know when it would air.

http://www.itemonline.com/local/x1767981838/Give-the-Dogs-a-Bone

He is a great kid, only child gets lots of the right kind of attention but obviously not spoiled.

I have never been able to see him rodeo but I want to so badly. I'm hoping I can this summer if he's at anything local enough for me to go.

Understandably my friend K is terrified of horses, her fathers horse bit and lifted her up by her face when she was a child. She has the scars still.

So it's hard for her to be supportive of M and him riding but she does it.

I've got some anxiety about this impending weather tonight knowing Paul will be out in it. It's been a while since he did the Dallas run and his driving on ice skills were intune.

Be saying lots of prayers tonight.

Picking Trace up after 4:00 from a special band practice today. Amanda had to get him from school early yesterday he had a migraine. His Dad has them.

Need to find out why he does that! It's either food or allergy related I am sure.

I've had one migraine in my life so I have great empathy for people who suffer from them.

I used to get them on a monthly basis. Hide in the dark, no noise, puke your toenails up migraines. So do not miss them! If he can spot the first signs and take something for the headache, he might be able to side track them before they get bad. With as much cedar as in the air, could he be allergic to it?

Not much planned for today but cleaning. Need to get a fire going and knock the chill off the living room before that front gets here! Also want to go out and be sure the chickens have plenty of water and feed before it hits!

Will be going to Houston on Saturday. Will have 5 teenage girls to take to a rugby game. They will all spend the night here so we can get an early start! Should make for an interesting day!

QH - I wrapped up my plants in anticipation of the weather tomorrow. Gonna get cold again. Sending good thoughts that Paul makes his run without a problem.

Mz - I can't wait to see your new paint job. I have enjoyed putting the house back together. Then my mom started bringing over my stuff so it's been fun going through it all again. I need to get a bookshelf to put my books on.

I'm staying pretty busy with work and school. Bindi's ear is getting better and she is enjoying the nice weather.

Everyone ready for the change in our weather? I am so not looking forward to it! Got a big stack of wood up on the porch. More stacked out by the splitter. Supposed to take GD to rugby practice tomorrow evening but it is supposed to be in the mid 30's by then! It it is nasty, I won't drive in! Already have a pot of taco soup in the crock pot I put on today. Will put it back on to cook some more tomorrow and make a pan of cornbread. I like simple suppers like that!

Looks like I will be in Houston this Saturday, February 22 and March 22 for rugby games. At least they are late enough we don't have to go over the night before. Will be going to Ft Worth for a game February8th. That one we will go up to Denton the night before and stay with my sister.

Off to bed. See you tomorrow.

Jason just let me know the cold wind/rain is in Bryan where he's working and the temp is dropping.

Peppy I'm glad you mentioned covering plants, that was on my list to do this morning.

I remember when we built the house. I started collecting new accents/furnishings ahead of time to decorate with. So moving in was sooo much fun unpacking all the new goodies.

Glad Bindi's ear is better.

I suspect Penny has ear mites she's been shaking her head a few days. Need to get in there and do some cleaning. I know mite dirt when I see it.

Wonder if there is a natural fix for that? I don't like using chemicals on my pets either.

Mz I don't drive in bad weather either! I didn't pick trace up yesterday because Doug got off early enough to do it. So he's bugging me to come today. But if the front is this close I think I will stay home.

When I do pick him up I usually stay in HV until 8-9 and I don't want to chance having to drive in sleet.

Appreciate the thoughts and prayers for Paul tonight. Unfortunately it's going to be more severe for him because he's going east to Hammond and the front is worse off to the east.

It's going to be a tense night for him and me.

Over here is it misting and 36 right now. Stepped out on the porch to get more wood for the stove. Nasty out! As far out as I will go today. Made sure the chickens and turkeys had plenty of water and the feeders are full so I don't have to go out there. Seriously doubt we will be going to rugby practice!

Hope Paul stays safe! People are such idiots about driving on bad roads!

Been trying to get signed up for Obamacare. The website is a POS!

Paul just got up said he got stuck behind road crews de-icing I-10. I read today they have to do it on dry roads otherwise it doesn't do the job.

So here's hoping it works!

Oh boy Mz good luck with the website!

Currently 37 here and raining. Bindi doesn't like getting wet so when she goes out for business she ran to the far corner of the yard under the trees. Supposed to snow tonight so hoping it sticks so I can get some good pics in the morning. Think we are supposed to have snow after 5:30 pm. So exciting to see snow in our forecast. Of course I will see plenty next month when I head to Utah. I have a friend housesitting for me so Bindi's routine won't change.

Good luck Mz with insurance. I'm glad I get mine covered through work so I don't have to worry about it.

Well didn't have any luck getting enrolled! Got everything filled out, got to the part where I looked at the plans and couldn't get any further! Got on live chat with them and they said log out and log back in. Well, after I logged out, I couldn't ever get back in! Will try again in the morning.

QH, did Paul make it home ok?? I so hope so!

Gaaa Mz that's so frustrating! Hope it goes better next time.

Paul doesn't get home until 4:00 am. It's going to be very icy by then. I called and warned him about the front steps. They're cement and sleet has accumulated on them so they'll be a solid sheet of ice.

It's been snowing at Jason's all night. He's going to send me photos when he gets up in the morning.

Snowing at Amanda's too but not here...never here Boo!

I am so bummed this morning. No snow in NW but both kids woke up to white. New Waverly is cursed.

Snow Day!! No school. Got 1.6 inches last night and have been out playing with Bindi the last hour. She loves snow!! This was her first experience running in the stuff cause last time it didn't stick. Even got video of her first moments in the snow. It was pretty cute.

photo22_zpse1955a27.jpg