PeppySue

Texas People #6

2,972 posts in this topic

YAY!!! She's so cute.

Jason sent pics of Missy running around like a mad dog. She's so cute. Jason said he couldn't stop laughing at her tracks in the snow.

Trace is supposed to send me pics of Ann playing in it. I wish like crazy I could be up there sharing the experience with him.

These were taken at Jason's

IMG_3275_zpse46c7c30.jpg

IMG_6284_zps673706ad.jpg

Amanda got more snow than Jason did. She was in Heaven this morning, she left for work an hour late to let the roads thaw a little and said she told her boss she wasn't going to leave her dream so soon. Lucky boys get the day off.

Trace sent me a Video of Ann but it probably won't work if I post it and it's never good quality sent from my phone.

Amanda's front yard.

IMG_7228_zps093cb7b1.jpg

IMG_1452_zpsfac86de3.jpg

IMG_3009_zps379cdc20.jpg

Edited by QH_LUV_R

Yeah, that is about what we got also. I let the dog out, looked out and said yuck and closed the door! School closed. Hubby is still trying to get to work. Usually an hour drive and he is going on almost 2 hours now. They had a 10 and 20 car pile up in Austin last night! People can be so stupid!

QH, since you are on here posting, I will assume that Paul made it home OK!

All the dogs look like they are having fun!

Oh yes my bad Mz...Paul got back from La. in one piece and home safe. Not sure what time he made it to bed, I'm sure he'll tell me when he gets up.

Hope you hear from DH soon and he made it safe to work. Wow he has a long commute also.

There are wrecks and pileups all over the county. Why are people such idiots in bad weather?!!

Trace trekked to the creek at the back of their property and took this shot. He loves clearing trails with his machete.

Eventually I want to go back there, I've heard it's beautiful and they have an island that the creek goes around.

IMG_5084_zps671ffc2b.jpg

Wow, that is pretty! Wouldn't mind having that on the back of my property!

Hubby made it to work finally. Took 2 hours to do a hour drive! Yes, it is a pretty long commute. He goes through Bastrop to pick up a co-worker. It usually takes 45 min to an hour to get from here to his work.

I don't understand why people think they can drive on icy/wet streets the same as they do on dry streets! What part of slow the he77 down is so hard to understand? That is why I am glad not to have to drive in everyday! It took me a little over an hour to drive to my last job. Sure miss the paycheck though!

Well, healthcare.gov didn't let me sign up again! Now it won't let me back in! Will try again tomorrow. :thud:

Dang Mz, I really pity you having to deal with that. We were talking about that today. Amanda is hearing there are little publicized ways to be exempt, like if you've had your utilities disconnected you qualify for an exemption that year. You know people are going to be using that one a lot.

I ran over to Amanda's so I could play in the snow with Trace. I watched them make a snowman because my hands were numb even with gloves on.

IMG_2022_zpsa8d7a7d7.jpg

Trace eating snow.

IMG_2023_zps9088e7c0.jpg

We walked back to the creek and this little fella was growing next to the trail.

IMG_2026_zps12ba8c89.jpg

Icicles on our carport down spout.

IMG_2036_zps3a289084.jpg

I enjoyed making snowballs today and when they hit the trees they stuck. The tree looked polka dotted when I was done. I like the snowman QH. Glad you made it to HV to enjoy the snow. We still have snow here since it didn't all melt today. Won't last long tomorrow though.

Mz are they making you sign up for Obamacare? My husbands job took me off the insurance because we asked them to change my birthday and last name. They had it wrong. The secretary at his job is a real pita to deal with. So I was wondering what the plan is? Do you have to have it? I don't know much about it because I have no TV so I don't watch the news. I've always heard about rugby but have never seen what it is. Sounds like a hardcore sport.

QH love the couch set and color scheme. Amanda looks so familiar to me. I don't know why. I bet she's glad about the snow. I'm in Fort Worth an there's none here. I heard it was sleeting back home but I sure hope not. I left the houseeater outside along with the at on Thursday wee morning. Did I tell y'all someone stole the little dog chucho? Yep he's been gone a week in a half.

Peppy Bindi is so pretty I've always wanted a German sheperd but I don't guess I'll ever own one. Love the colors you chose. I bet your glad that the house is finally getting underway. We finally set up baby girls room on Saturday and I love it. Now all we need to do is finish painting the trim and the dots. I painted a big ole Minnie Mouse as a ...how do you say it. Um main attraction?

We've been here at Cooks Children's hospital since Thursday morning at 9. We came for a checkup of her hip and to meet her Pulmonologist. First Her hip is GREAT!!! Yay! growing normally. I have a picture of the X-ray they took that I will post when I get access to a laptop. You can see the progress. He doesn't want to see her back til July. But we met with her Pulmonologist and she went ahead and put her to have a sleep study. Reason 1 for staying Thursday night. It was a long night. Baby girl does not sleep nights she's on daddy's schedule sleeps days plays (works)nights. The hardest part was pinning her down so they could put all the wires on her. And the nose one OMG trying to keep that on her. I got no sleep today she had an MRI of her brain and cervical spine and afterwards they refused to let us go home so we were admitted. Reason for 2cnd night. So here we are. We get the results tomorrow morning.

Well ill let y'all go. Check in later.

Aggie, hope things go well for you and your sweetie! Glad you are safe and not trying to drive in the nasty weather! By Saturday when you head home, it should all be cleared up.

Yes, it is sign up for insurance or pay a penalty! So far I have filled out the form 5 times and always seem to have a glitch and have to start over! I will give it another shot tomorrow. Can't ever seem to get to the part where I actually sign up for the insurance!

Geez Aggie what a way to spend a weekend. I hope they let you go home today.

But that's wonderful news about her hips.

We have a friend who did a sleep study for apnea. He got done and went to his car and the tech came running out and refused to let him leave. He had stopped breathing hundreds of times and they said you cannot go to sleep again without a C-pap.

Aggie you are now mandated by The US Government to sign up for insurance if you are not currently covered through your employer or private insurance.

Failure to comply results in a monetary penalty enforced by the IRS!

Good luck.

If you have Medicaid, you are ok also. We don't qualify for medicaid. We make too much money with hubby working.

Bright and sunny here today! Supposed to warm up to the 60's! I sure hope so!

Aggie - Great news about baby girls hips. Did ya'll finally get to go home?

Today was beautiful outside. Hard to believe we had snow yesterday and I was out in a t-shirt today. Got three large compost piles started with the leaves from the backyard. Next weekend I plan to start my plants from seeds in the house so they will be ready come Spring.

I have been thinking about getting my watermelons started also! Want them to be nice and big before I put them out this year. Lost them to a late freeze last year. I have the old fashion Black Diamond watermelon seeds that I want to grow for the watermelon festival. They have a contest for the biggest watermelon! Most are the Charleston Grey that are oblong and stripped. Black Diamonds are the round dark green ones that get huge!

It was so beautiful outside today! So not looking forward to another cold spell! Hubby got some wood cut so will be working the splitter tomorrow! Went through almost all the wood on the porch this last week. Need to do laundry (again :surrender: ) as well as pantry shopping. Will have to work the pantry on Tuesday.

How fun you two planning your gardens. Maybe one day I'll have ground that will support one.

Peppy I'm wondering if you'll get another weather day this week.

I was asking Trace if he'd be ready to make them up at some point but he said he likes spreading out his time off, an extra day here, three day weekend there.

Mz you sound busy. Be careful getting out tomorrow. When is this weather supposed to hit anyway?

I am so over winter! Come on Spring!

Moon wasn't there for breakfast this morning. I always panic a little and start scanning the pastures for a downed horse.

Haha our neighbor got two new horses, pretty little palominos...there she was visiting with them over the fence. They are the neighbor with her donkey friend.

Now I am wondering if something happened to the donkey and when the last time I saw her was. They don't have much land and I don think they would put three grazers on such small acreage.

I need to eat something and get cleaned up and hit the feed store.

And I'm down to just the middle of my last round bale. Don't think I have enough left to get me through the next few days when I need to be pouring the hay on.

Alerted Amanda to the problem hopefully she'll be able to come down and get some tonight. Should have done it Friday when she took half the day off. Now it's crunch time!

QH, you don't have to have "ground" to have a garden! I haven't put a garden in the ground in years! Most of mine goes in old bathtubs, tires and big pots! Will be putting the tomatoes in big pots this year to try to keep them separate from each other. In the past they have been so close and tangled we have lost most of the tomatoes! If we put the potatoes in the ground, the moles eat them!

From the way the north wind is blowing, think the norther is already here! GS said when he came home, it was trying to blow him off the road! Just said on the radio that we have already had our high for today! Guess I need to get in gear and get running done!

Mz we don't qualify for Medicaid. Hubs makes way to much for us to even apply. We got a paper in the mail today that stated we were all dropped from the insurance by his job. Which is weird an questionable since they are taking $213 out of his paycheck every 2 weeks on payday. Someone in that office has some explaining to do.

Did you ever get that application in? My husband has always wanted to start a garden but like QH we never had the proper soil or even a stable land area to be able to plant anything. This year now that we are buying our house we plan I making a big garden. I always tried to start mine in the nursery but once they were about 3-4 in tall they died. I don't have a green thumb to save my life. I like your idea about the tub and potter garden. That would be something that could be both functional and decorative.

Peppy yes we were finally able to go home on Saturday afternoon. She was given two shots for an antibiotic. Her sleep study results came in and she was taken off the apnea monitor. (Silent jumping up and down :) ) her apnea readings came back that they weren't dangerous at all her heart rate never dropped and she didn't have too many episodes where it's alarming to have to wear it. Her MRI results came back too. She has enlarged adenoids which the dr told us could be why she's not eating or advancing to solids. It's hard for her to swallow and enlarged adenoids also case ear infections (which she is starting to get almost regularly) and sleep apnea. We see an ENT (ears nose throat) dr on the 11th of February. So we are happy we are finally figuring this all out.

The weather is crazy. I was so happy that yesterday we had beautiful weather and was hoping it would continue but when hubs came home from work early this mornin he told me we had a cold front coming in. Not happy about that at all.

QH I know exactly what you mean about the roundbale issue. Here they are becoming scarce. In so glad I found sudan roundbales. Buddy will eat them but not as fast as the coastal one. A coastal round bale will last him like 2-3 weeks but this Sudan one has lasted him well over a month we got it about a week before Christmas. He's also got another one left so im not looking at buying another one til maybe mid march. Which I'm pretty happy with. He gets his coastal and alfalfa square bales but man he is turning into quite the bubble butt. I was gonna ask or maybe I missed it but how are the pd's doing?

Well I'm waiting on my bedroom furniture to get here. Waiting is torture though. We were so excited that w cleaned the bedroom out on Saturday night when we got back from the hospital. When bedtime came we had nowhere to sleep and looked at each other like "why" lol why would we take out the mattress haha. But hubs works Sunday night to Friday night so we wouldn't have had no time later so we've slept on the couches.

Hope everyone has a great day :)

Aggie, sounds like thing are finally going your way! As for the adenoids, one GS had to have his taken out. They got his tonsils while they had him out. I went down for a smoke when they took him back. By the time I got downstairs, got it lite, they called to say he was done! He has had no problems since then.

Norther got here this morning. Temps have gone down steadily all day. It is now cloudy and super windy. We got wood split and the porch loaded so I am set! I so do not want to go out tomorrow to work the food pantry!

Need to go figure out what I am making for supper.

Aggie, we need pictures of the new bedroom set! Please.

All quiet here. Lots of school closures already in the area for Tuesday and Wednesday. I'll know tomorrow morning if I have to go in.

Aggie - Great news!! Enjoy your new furniture.

No snow! A little sleet buildup, though not as much as last Friday. Paul's car had no ice on it like last time, so I guess he beat the precipitation home.

Aggie I want to see pics too.

Hope the Dr. Decides to take the adenoids and tonsils out, save her a lot of illness later.

When I was in college in Denton I couldn't take the winters. I was sick with bronchitis and tonsillitis more than I was well. My Dr told my Mom when she comes back to Houston for her year at the medical center we'll take those tonsils out. I never had tonsillitis again once I moved away from North Texas.

Mz I hope the roads are good for you to do your pantry duty. Be careful.

Peppy, was there enough ice in HV to justify closing schools and gov. Offices?

I really hate when this kind of thing happens as in hurricane evacuations that cause mayhem but then aren't warranted. They result in people not heeding warnings the next time.

Amanda is off today too. The shops close so they sit around doing nothing all day. Her boss takes advantage to save payroll and sends one of the commercial guys home. Guess she volunteered so she could be home with D and T.

I need to measure my two living room windows for wood blinds. Keep forgetting even tho Paul brought the metal tape in for me. I don't know whether to go white or dark wood because we want to get new end tables in a darker finish...or match it to the oak entertainment center cabinet/bookshelves.

What do ya'll think.

Edited by QH_LUV_R

We got a light dusting of snow last night. It was sleeting when I woke up at 3:30 am and there was a lot more ice this time than on Friday. I'm sure the roads and bridges were slick this morning. Just glad we kept power and that we have these warm days to offset the heating costs of these cold days.

QH - I think dark wood would look good for the blinds.

I am enjoying my day off and doing a lot of PhD homework. I can't believe I only have 3 more semesters of course work and three more trips to Utah (one at the end of the month). This time next year I will be finishing up the courses and getting ready to take comps. Then complete the dissertation and graduate....hopefully by 2016.

OK, I am ready for spring NOW!!! Just finished playing plumber again! Froze another outside faucet. This one down by the chicken pen where the little house t's off the line. Glue gave out on the fitting to the little house. After spending 45 minutes looking for the bucket of plumbing parts, I finally woke GS to ask if he knew where it was. He had it in the little house and got rude about getting up to get it for me! Will visit that when he is awake this evening! To shut off the line out there, I have to shut off the whole thing including the main house. I will not go all day with no water to do dishes or flush the potty! I am tired of playing plumber and being cold! I want spring RIGHT NOW!!! and I know I won't get it. :mecry:

Wow Mz I can't even imagine getting outside to do anything right now. It's 18 degrees here. Poor hubs works outside at nights. He about came in like a Popsicle this morning. My momma would have beat us if we were asleep and got nippy while she was trying to fix something outside in this kinda weather when we younger.

It must be colder down y'all's ways. We haven't had any ice, sleet, snow. Nothing. Just cold weather but the hubs at work has seen icicles form on the equipment and belts and stuff. He works for Vulcan it's a rock crushing place.

So let me see If I can post this link for the bedroom furniture. Let me know if it works. I need to find a bed set and figure out on a color to paint the walls they are way to bland.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=218613924993003&id=100005331900797

Baby Girl's hips look great! So glad things have finally worked out on that!

I love the bedroom set! I have never had a brand new bedroom set so I understand the excitement! That is great!

Sometimes, Aggie, it is easier to do things myself rather than put up with the attitude when I ask them to do something or help me! You would be surprised what you can learn to do! Not to mention the satisfaction of getting it done yourself!

Aggie I am relieved that her hips are fine and she doesn't need the Cpap machine. I cannot imagine getting quality sleep with that contraption or making a baby understand the need.

I love your furniture! I am liking the darker furniture finishes lately.

Right before the wedding, Amanda found a Queen bedroom set on Craig's list for $500. It was in almost perfect condition. It's pine and came with the mattress/frame which they put in the spare room, an armoir, big mirror/dresser, and two end tables. She was so excited to have drawers to put their things in.

It looks so nice but we really need to paint her walls, they hate the yellow that's in there now.

Peppy time is going by too fast! You are really knocking out those semesters.

Wonder if you'll have snow in Utah when you're there?

Mz they make a new PVC pipe that will not freeze or crack from the sun. Might consider using it if it breaks again.

The extra cost would pay for itself I'm sure. Plumber used it for the water heater on the back porch. It was nice not to worry about it with this freezing weather.

I have some serious cabin fever lately, so I'm getting out today to get Trace and take him for a Blizzard and fries after school. Need to hit target and Walgreens maybe see what Hobby Lobby has in aqua for my living room on sale.

Need to eat, let Jody go. Hope you all have a great day.

PVC that doesn't freeze or get brittle in the sun? That would be great! We also need to re-do the incoming lines and replace the valves. The one to the outside lines doesn't work anymore and the one that shuts everything off is really hard to turn. Plus we need to take out the 3 whole house filters we had when we were on the well. Now that we have Aqua, we don't need them anymore.

Not much on the agenda today. Need to do the bulletin and take GD to rugby practice tonight.

You all have a great day!

The sun came out this afternoon and it was warm!!! Bindi enjoyed laying in the grass while I enjoyed not wearing a jacket. Not much else happening here. I've been working on homework and hope to finish up this week's assignments tomorrow. Of course, then I start next week's on Monday but we are a quarter of the way through the semester.