Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Magic26

Synergist Saddles

3 posts in this topic

I am looking for a lightweight western saddle and the Synergist Saddles look like they may be a good choice. Has anyone here every owned or rode in one? Opinions please!

I know two women (a mother & daughter team) who ride Arabians in long distance endurance races and bought custom Synergist saddles. Both of them love the saddles for the way they fit humans and their horses.

If you and your horse aren't happy they will work to fix the problem. If you don't like it, they charge a fee (20%?) to return it. If I remember right, you can get a free DVD from the website.

My Foxtrotter is hard to fit and I looked at Synergist saddles (tried 32 saddles before I found the right one). I'm leery about ordering saddles since I ended up loosing over 35% of what I paid (in fees & shipping costs) for a saddle that was touted as being perfect for my horse. :thud:

You can always check out the names of the people who reviewed the saddles to find out any problems or tips on how to get the best bang for your buck.

Good Luck with your hunt for the perfect saddle!

I know this post is a few years old, but I thought I'd give my review in case anyone else is looking for information on Synergist saddles.

I bought a used Synergist on eBay about 2 years ago. My horse & I love it. Super supple, high quality leather. Pre-turned fenders. Trail stirrups. Suede seat. Best of all...light weight. It only weighs about 21 lbs. Even though it's a western trail model, the bars are more english style (see picture). The serial # on this saddle is for a wide/extra wide built on a wide tree. The company can (for a fee) adjust the width of this particular saddle to either wide or extra wide. So, the saddle can be adjusted to fit a horse if it gains or loses weight...or adjusted (within reason) to fit another horse.

My only complaint about the saddle, is that on long rides (over 2 - 2 1/2 hours), the super cushy, padded seat (which others might love) causes numbness in parts I'd rather not be numb in. (Too much information, I know.) I'm used to riding more on my pockets, where this saddle puts you in more of an equitation seat. This saddle was not custom made for me, but was made for someone with the same height, weight and inseam measurements. The company keeps the original owner's custom order info. They are super nice & very helpful answering questions. The serial # for these saddles is located on the under side of the pommel (under the horn area).

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG