Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nick

This Is Exciting For Me

5 posts in this topic

we have a working equitation instructor in residence at our barn until November, and i'm putting my horse in training with him for 30 days. the guy rides in an unbelievably sympathetic but focused way, and I've known for a long time that the horse is capable of WAY more than I could ever teach him (piaffe, passage, pirouette). i'll be able to watch every day and hopefully learn something too. this feels like a gift (even though i'm having to pay for it), because so often people have to send the horse someplace else.

after the first 30 days, I'll be going in training too!

I'll try but horse city access from my PC was a sudden fail today as of 5:00 European central time.

got on for the first time in two weeks.  horse has been in training for a total of 12 days (6 days/week) and holy cow what a difference!  took a little bit of time to get to used to how big the gaits have become, horse really coming from behind and on the bit and very, very powerful.   this is the first time I've ever had the opportunity to have a professional teach my horse new things to teach me, and it's really paid off so far.  i'm talking lessons over the weekend from the trainer's boss, and then the horse goes back into the 6 days/ week) for the remaining 30 day period.  we'll see where we go from there.  bear in mind that this is an 11 year old gelding with a lot of qualities who had been totally underchallenged by me.  it's very interesting to experience how quickly he has changed both physically and mentally while maintaining his easy going nature.