Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RailroadWoman

Who Needs A Shoulder???

12 posts in this topic

When you have a pony!

The last two weeks have been very difficult, frustrating & exasperating oh then add moments of corn fusion that the normal human brain can't wrap around.

I'm one to get mad more so than sad.  Well tonight on the way homee started thinking about my boy Tucker  who I lost last July.   Well tonight after feeding my ponies ended up going in the padsock leaned on Magoo & cried.

Had to hood up on my coat to smell the smoky must he give.  What a good boy to just stand out up with my crying & petting.  Could have spent more time outside however had to come in.  

Told hubby I just got $2000 in therapy .

When tucking in my son for bed he asked why I was crying & informed him I missed Tucker.  He told me that should I have to cry to come to him.  So even at a low point of life there is still sun shine in the dark.

Your ponies and family are wonderful.  And if you must cry about missing your horse, you can always cry here, too.  We understand.  (((hugs)))

RRW,   Sorry that you were sad, but glad those ponies provide you great therapy,  I've seen it written, &  heard said that my therapist works for hay.  Best Wishes. PD

Thanks guys.

Heidi it wasn't the missing of Tucker that was the problem.  I am sorry.  But the stress of work .  Thinking g of my boy helped bring g on the tears or you could say sobs.

Was a moment of life that had no control over but had a purpose in life.

A good cry is very cathartic. It starts with one thing, then, leads to thinking about many others and......open the flood gates!

I use my dog a lot, as a therapist, he's in the house, I don't need to go outside.

I misunderstood RRW.  Sometimes there are things we can't control and they end up controlling us enough to make us cry.  

There must be something about the day, today .... though I wasn't moved to tears.  I went in the opposite direction to irritated ~ Library patrons parking in the employee spots that have can't-miss-signs, 1 patron *eating* in the library (he was embarrassed and polite when I busted him), another angry that they couldn't figure out their email provider's functions and an elderly patron impatient that my coworker and I were busy with the phone and patrons ahead of them in line so they got loud and rude at us, causing a patron in line ahead of them to just leave.  Man, I *wish* I could have been rude back w/out jeopardizing my job!

Yup the accumulation of stuff finally hitting home.

Equi I always take George to work.  However when take Odie he provides more therapy cause he will get his head right in your lap for attention to distract me.  George stays curled up on his bed.

I think dogs know when we're feeling down. Chopper will come over and lay his head against my leg and, look up at me.

Equi rarely is there no dog at the office.  I'd take Odie more but he is so big & it's not good for him to be up down when ever I leave my office.  With the weather nice he is home now.

What is great about George is he has the smile trate.  So hard not to make a comment to him about the smile.

I am a firm believer that animals help bring balance into our lives. It always feels off if George isn't in the truck or office. Or if the dogs are at the office & have to run home for something they are not home.

Is it because nothing really changes with them so they are the one constant ground in life.

You hit the nail on the head. Dogs are a constant, they never change, they're incapable of deception, their love is unconditional.

Dogs are better than most people.

Edited by equicrzy
It should have not, said "digs"....... lol...

I have always had critter.  When young didn't have furry critter so off & on had fan tail gold fish.  Just a small two gal tank.  I could sit & watch them.  Oh that give me an idea.  Been told betas are easy to keep.  Could get one for my desk