wolfhaven

Illegal Immigrant Deportation

18 posts in this topic

You can argue about the moral issues of the whole process and the short/long term affects on our economy.  I have concerns about the billions it will cost and the legacy costs of trying to deport millions of illegal immigrants.  Money that could go towards repairing valuable infrastructure.  

Right now we have thousands of LEO personnel, jails, courts, federal attorneys etc.  All with large related costs such as feeding thousands daily, transportation to country of origin, clothing, and on and on.  Billions per year.  Why are we chasing individuals?  Employers are the key.  Crack down heavily on those companies hiring these individuals.  It's a federal crime.  For far less money they could pursue employers and managers who are breaking the law.  Owners not being allowed to hide behind the Corporate wall of individual responsibility.  We could save billions if federal attorneys had the Marshals march out owners and managers in handcuffs for illegal hiring.  Raid, arrest, parade in front of the camera to the holding cell.   A few thousand arrests in a month and there would be a mass movement by these types of employers to dump all illegal immigrants.  Without jobs, without hope of finding a job, these individuals and families would move in mass back across the border.  Give them amnesty during the move to help the flow move smoothly.  Billions of dollars saved, no more hiring border security, no more talk of the wall and a major reduction of the legacy costs (retirement, disability, management costs, equipment purchases and maintenance in federal agencies).  The biggest surprise is there wouldn't be a reason for amnesty cities or protests.  How do you protest against someone leaving voluntarily?  Would those advocates protest the arrest of the "rich" employers they've railed against for years?  Families with children born here would take them with to maintain family integrity.  

I know, it won't happen.  These business owners give millions in campaign contributions, illegal immigrants don't.

What? Arrest a corporate officer?! That is blasphemy! It's a Republican administration, after all. I live in an area of farming , small and some quite large. I'll bet they're really sweating this. But of course, they elected him, so...

A lot have already gone back south in the last few years. I can't even find a day laborer any more.

1 hour ago, wolfhaven said:

You can argue about the moral issues of the whole process and the short/long term affects on our economy.  I have concerns about the billions it will cost and the legacy costs of trying to deport millions of illegal immigrants.  Money that could go towards repairing valuable infrastructure.  

Right now we have thousands of LEO personnel, jails, courts, federal attorneys etc.  All with large related costs such as feeding thousands daily, transportation to country of origin, clothing, and on and on.  Billions per year.  Why are we chasing individuals?  Employers are the key.  Crack down heavily on those companies hiring these individuals.  It's a federal crime.  For far less money they could pursue employers and managers who are breaking the law.  Owners not being allowed to hide behind the Corporate wall of individual responsibility.  We could save billions if federal attorneys had the Marshals march out owners and managers in handcuffs for illegal hiring.  Raid, arrest, parade in front of the camera to the holding cell.   A few thousand arrests in a month and there would be a mass movement by these types of employers to dump all illegal immigrants.  Without jobs, without hope of finding a job, these individuals and families would move in mass back across the border.  Give them amnesty during the move to help the flow move smoothly.  Billions of dollars saved, no more hiring border security, no more talk of the wall and a major reduction of the legacy costs (retirement, disability, management costs, equipment purchases and maintenance in federal agencies).  The biggest surprise is there wouldn't be a reason for amnesty cities or protests.  How do you protest against someone leaving voluntarily?  Would those advocates protest the arrest of the "rich" employers they've railed against for years?  Families with children born here would take them with to maintain family integrity.  

I know, it won't happen.  These business owners give millions in campaign contributions, illegal immigrants don't.

Why aren't YOU prez? Pretty smart guy.

Let's get this straight: arrest a few thousand employers a month, parade them in handcuffs, all similar employers will dump all illegal immigrants, who will then return to their countries of origin taking all their families with them, never to return, and no others will ever come in.  Genius.  Absolute genius.  I really don't know why this isn't the current policy.

2 hours ago, nick said:

I've been arguing this for years.  go after the illegal employer.  Like Trump.

Same here. People just seem to gloss over the employer side of illegal immigration. Oh Nick, you have a PM. 

15 hours ago, 4legsgood said:

Let's get this straight: arrest a few thousand employers a month, parade them in handcuffs, all similar employers will dump all illegal immigrants, who will then return to their countries of origin taking all their families with them, never to return, and no others will ever come in.  Genius.  Absolute genius.  I really don't know why this isn't the current policy.

Yes you do.

By chance I came across this today.  Gives some insight into some of the realities of the situation:

Whatever the problems (often many!) of police departments nationwide, the police as a concept do fill a necessary public safety role. ICE are just **** people, serving no useful purpose except to destroy lives.

A U.S. magistrate judge has claimed that a recent Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency raid in Austin, Texas wasn’t simply business as usual—it was retaliation for the city’s efforts to protect undocumented immigrants from federal authorities, the Austin American-Statesman reported on Tuesday.

The shocking allegation came from Judge Andrew Austin, who testified in court this week that ICE officials notified him in January that they planned to conduct a sweep for undocumented immigrants as a result of Travis County Sheriff Sally Hernandez’s policy to reduce cooperation between her office and that of federal immigration authorities. Shortly thereafter, ICE arrested 51 people during a two-day operation, which the agency claimed targeted “public safety threats.”

http://www.eschatonblog.com/2017/03/going-rogue.html

Some of the commenters ('Atriots') on the site give further insights:

"Funny how we never quite manage to either legalize those workers or stop them from coming. We just end up with this large body of workers without rights, easy to exploit, at the bottom of our labor market. "

"As mentioned earlier, the illegal workers pay taxes but receive no services. Also, are a big ticket item for border communities."

"They're brown and they talk funny. End of story. Who was it posted a story telling how anti-Hispanic sentiment runs high where there aren't any."

arrest those white guys with big cowboy hats and US citizenship who cruise shopping malls in longbeds giving desperate fellas and gals work in our fields for peanuts.   better yet, throw THEM out.     better yet, let's go after MONSANTO. 

According to the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP), one in three families is a homeowner.  Pulling out of that information, I would conclude a mass exodus, either voluntary or forced, could put in the neighborhood of 3,000,000 homes into foreclosure.  Wonder what that would do to the housing market?  The banking and mortgage business could take another severe hit.  Interesting times are a comin'...  

The Social Security Administration published a report in 2013 showing in 2010 illegal immigrants paid in 13 billion dollars to social security and made an average $34,000 in income.  That's above the federal poverty line for a family of 6 in 2017.  Apparently raping and murdering is a lucrative profession.  (sarcasm for those that need the help in recognizing it)

Edited by wolfhaven

1 hour ago, wolfhaven said:

The Social Security Administration published a report in 2013 showing in 2010 illegal immigrants paid in 13 billion dollars to social security and made an average $34,000 in income.  That's above the federal poverty line for a family of 6 in 2017.  Apparently raping and murdering is a lucrative profession.  

Not only dumb as a rock but openly a racist. They often go hand in hand. Post reported as racist and offensive.

Not so dumb as to realize that poor critical thinking skills, weak reading comprehension and ignorance often go hand in hand    

1 minute ago, jubal said:

^^^Here now, you two are on the same side!

Apparently so. I didn't recognise what genuinely was sarcasm. I don't know wolfhaven, but offer a sincere apology. 

Looking thru news stories from people like ABC, Fortune Mag., CBO and even Politifact, they say that Illegals cost US taxpayers between 68 billion and 100 Billion Dollars a year. 

Looking thru news stories from mostly liberal sites there are between 10 to 15 million illegals in the USA

Lets do the average of 12.5 Million illegals, if you round them all up and send them home, I will questimate it would cost 3,000.00 for each person. That is 37.5 Billion, cheaper if you send them on a Bus instead of an airplane....lol...

Do the math, much cheaper to send them packing than let them stay.....

Now, looking thru news stories from ABC, CBS, Pew, BEA and NYT, illegals in the US send anywhere from 20 Billion to 100 Billion dollars a year back to their Home Countries each year. That is money that US born citizens could be making at Jobs that illegal have stolen......

**** Now before someone jumps on the bandwagon of who would pick our vegetables and fruit every year if we send all the illegals home.....

The Government BLS says there are only 761,000 Agricultural workers in the USA (as of latest 2014 stats) Now other news site say there are between 1 and 3 million seasonal workers in the US to do agricultural work.

So using the highest figure of 3 million, what are the other 9.5 Million Illegals doing in the USA? Stealing Jobs.... thats what..

I 100% agree with what someone else said, we need to prosecute US Employers who hire Illegals, that is the law....

We wont even go into other problems that illegals cause while here, like Deaths, Rapes and other major crimes...

When you use "facts" from a news source, you need to link to that statement. Otherwise, the reader will doubt your "facts."  And I doubt your facts and your figures. 

Most field work, these days, requires very few, hands on workers, meaning, it's mostly done with machinery.

At least, the produce fields in the Salinas valley, the city that produces a large amount of our produce, does it that way.

Now, once the produce arrives at the processing sheds, I can imagine there are many illegals working in them.

A more accurate phrase might be, "who's gonna process/package/wrap, your salad veggies",  not, "who's gonna pick it."

Either way, if the employers were fined, heavily, for hiring illegals, the cycle just might be broken.