TigerLilly

The Investigation in Trump's ties to Russia

148 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, noponies said:

Too many Americans suffering from  a terminal case of ennui to do much changing. Seems they always vote for whatever is already in office, if they can.

Too many Americans suffering from a lack of courage, confidence, initiative.  Hardly "ennui".

No, ennui is correct in many cases. Many Trump voters say they wanted to shake things up. Well, that happened.

Ennui is jaded.   Cowardice and, frankly laziness.  Hitler's Germany.  A very talented director made a comedy about it.

en·nui
änˈwē/
noun
noun: ennui
  1. a feeling of listlessness and dissatisfaction arising from a lack of occupation or excitement.
    synonyms: boredom, tedium, listlessness, lethargy, lassitude, languor, weariness, enervation; More
    "an ennui bred of long familiarity"
Origin

And the dictionary speaks. duh

2 hours ago, nick said:

Ennui is jaded.   Cowardice and, frankly laziness.  Hitler's Germany.  A very talented director made a comedy about it.

Nick, your posts might make sense to you, but this is incomprehensible. Boredom is jaded? Hitler's Germany is cowardly? Springtime for Hitler? What the heck are you talking about?!

18 hours ago, jubal said:

Nick, your posts might make sense to you, but this is incomprehensible. Boredom is jaded? Hitler's Germany is cowardly? Springtime for Hitler? What the heck are you talking about?!

Ennui (cynicism) is just spoiled and can't be bothered.  Hitler's Germany was something entirely different.  A population in denial and hoping tnat burning smell was something else.  

Mel Brooks made great movies.  

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 1:18 AM, noponies said:

And the dictionary speaks. duh

Yes the dictionary does.  Does noponies post help clarify Jubal?  if you look at the definition of jaded it almost matches "ennui" word for word.  causes and symptoms.   bored and spoiled by another name. 

back to topic, trump accepts an award from the Saudis (who were the major perps in the 9/11 tragedy) and curtsies to the king.    I realize the topic is about the russkis and their cozy relationship with the POTUS but come on,  how long does it take the American people to shake their ennui and find their cajones again?

Edited by nick
afterthought

oh I forgot.  let's include the adverb "sense of entitlement", a state of mind our POTUS seems to live in permanently.   his address to a graduating coast guard class was all about him.    men and women about to put their lives on the line, and he complains in the first sentence of his commencement speech about how nobdy has been so unfairly treated in the history of American presidents besides him.  Who cares??.   it's the coast guard stupid. 

the astonishing this is that he was awarded a saber and some ******* in his advisory group told him in a live mike to take it to health care.  I think.  or something equally stupid.   

12 hours ago, nick said:

Yes the dictionary does.  Does noponies post help clarify Jubal?  if you look at the definition of jaded it almost matches "ennui" word for word.  causes and symptoms.   bored and spoiled by another name. 

back to topic, trump accepts an award from the Saudis (who were the major perps in the 9/11 tragedy) and curtsies to the king.    I realize the topic is about the russkis and their cozy relationship with the POTUS but come on,  how long does it take the American people to shake their ennui and find their cajones again?

In case you haven't heard, the American people have launched an investigation into the Trump/Russia connection. There are more than one Congressional investigations going on and the Justice Department has appointed a special investigator. What are you ex-pats doing about it?

Some people have short memories. I recently saw two pictures of Obama bowing to two different people, but, hey, it's so much different when Trump does it....... Trump, by the way, was receiving a medal , it was being put around his neck and, was leaning down, because, he's taller than the person giving it...... didn't see any medals when Obama was bent nearly in half, bowing so low.

As for the Russians, just as soon as hard core,  unrefuted evidence is produced, something that doesn't actually lead back to some prominent Democrat, I'll believe the Trump/Russia collusion, as of right now, there is no such evidence.

Obama also, in 2012, said he'd like a better relationship with Russia, he said, we'd all be better off, with a closer relationship with them.....why wasn't he called on the carpet for it, why wasn't he called Putin's pal?.....I know why, but, at this point, I don't care anymore, it doesn't matter what Trump says/does, it isn't right, even if Obama also did/said it and, got praise and adulation.

2 hours ago, jubal said:

In case you haven't heard, the American people have launched an investigation into the Trump/Russia connection. There are more than one Congressional investigations going on and the Justice Department has appointed a special investigator. What are you ex-pats doing about it?

Voting.   I sent my ballot yesterday for my local representatives.  The American Government takes the time and tax payers expense to send expats like me, and by the way the men and women serving our country, forms with which we can vote without actually being in America.  The form is called "Military Or Overseas Voters Spouses and Dependents".

Official Ballot Pages.  

8 minutes ago, noponies said:

And why is everyone still so scared of Russia anyway?.

Because trump is a you know what.  

Syria is the reason why Trump, that killer Assad and his abettor Putin need to get kicked out. 

Skeered :rotf:

Edited by nick

9 minutes ago, noponies said:

They aren't, it just gives them a reason to ***** about Trump.

What?  Trump Invited  the Russians into the Oval Office and volunteered classified information, and afterward admitted it.

edward Snowden is in Russia on charges of TREASON.   Hello??

Edited by nick
Afterthought

21 minutes ago, equicrzy said:

As for the Russians, just as soon as hard core,  unrefuted evidence is produced, something that doesn't actually lead back to some prominent Democrat, I'll believe the Trump/Russia collusion, as of right now, there is no such evidence.

Well Flynn's taken the Fifth, having previously said he'd testify in exchange for immunity.  He clearly has nothing to hide.  However, it seems the Fifth only applies to what you may be asked to say in the present, and not to what you may have said in the past.  And what you may have said in the past includes documents.

Put another way, the Fifth Amendment protects you from making incriminatory comments about yourself — but it doesn’t protect you from things you’ve said in the past. Documents are similarly a form of past behavior to which the Fifth Amendment doesn’t apply.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/05/22/can-michael-flynn-refuse-to-turn-over-documents-to-congress-yes-but-he-risks-jail/?tid=pm_politics_pop&utm_term=.0306ed2c0c0e

Well worth reading in full.  Could get interesting.

Meanwhile President Donald J. Trump has denied a Russia allegation that no-one made:

"Just so you understand, I never mentioned the word or the name 'Israel','" Trump told reporters in Jerusalem. "Never mentioned it during that conversation. They were all saying I did. So you had another story wrong. Never mentioned the word 'Israel'."

The story Trump was reacting to was this one, which ran a week ago in the Washington Post. And the thing about that story is that, well, the word "Israel" is never mentioned. Not one time.

Then he told a roomful of Israelis that he'd 'just got back from the Middle East'. 
As everyone knows, Israel is not in the Middle East, it's in...er...lemme think...er...   I dunno, ask Trump

And then:

This afternoon in Tel Aviv, President Donald Trump reached for his wife’s hand. Rather than indulge him with human touch, the sort of human touch regular married people who like each other might engage in, the reluctant First Lady swatted his hand away. This wasn’t done backstage before an event, or in the privacy of a place where it was safe to assume there weren’t any cameras. No, Melania has grown bolder in her push to telegraph her disdain for Donald. She did it as she and her husband joined Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his wife in a photo op. She did it in front of a veritable United Nations of news cameras. She did it so the whole world could see. She doesn’t care if he’s embarrassed, and it completely rules.

Watch it here: it's a thing of beauty:

https://mobile.twitter.com/haaretzcom/status/866661844999712769/video/1

He's not just an embarrassment to the US, he's an embarrassment to his wife.  And to the world at large at a rough guess.  Tiny-fingered, Cheeto-faced, ferret-wearing shitgibbon is what I hear they're calling him.  That's just a rumor, mind.

4 hours ago, noponies said:

Trump is the one who's afraid of Russia. It's obvious in the way he fawns over Putin. Must have to do with all that money laundering.

And yes, it's pretty scary that the Russians were able to fool so many Americans into voting for Trump.

Do you have actual proof of that, or are you just spouting blatherskite? "He said, she said" is not any proof at all,

4 hours ago, noponies said:

Do you have actual proof of that, or are you just spouting blatherskite? "He said, she said" is not any proof at all,

waiting for open Comey testimony.    he has been invited to make it public, and he has tapes and notes.

8 hours ago, noponies said:

No, of course not. I'm not in the FBI. But I do read credible news, which is all just "he said, she said."  You have to believe something and I believe our intelligence agencies over Donald Trump.

I prefer to not sit in judgement of anyone til there is absolute proof. Anything else is just witch-hunting. And look how well Salem is remembered.

27 minutes ago, noponies said:

I prefer to not sit in judgement of anyone til there is absolute proof. Anything else is just witch-hunting. And look how well Salem is remembered.

Yes, the old "witch hunt" defense. You know who else used that phrase? Nixon.

If you don't judge people without proof, how do you decide who to vote for?  There was plenty of evidence to support the fact that Trump was out to enrich himself and not further the interests of the American people. Not releasing his tax returns was a dead giveaway, for instance.

11 hours ago, noponies said:

I have to laugh every time a person says, "well, he/she, said it's so", because every single time anyone said anything about Obama that they also, "heard" these same people always said....."that hasn't been proven".

Inane argument. For voting, I simply weigh all the FACTS I can find, and try to keep the hyperbole out of it. Takes actual effort, but it can be done.

No president has ever had to disclose his tax returns; why should Trump be expected to?

I am sure many thousands of people have used the term "witch hunt". That point is moot.

There was plenty of evidence to support the fact that Trump was out to enrich himself and not further the interests of the American people

How is that any different than ANY of the politicians? Other than he's perhaps a little more open about it?

32 minutes ago, noponies said:

How is that any different than ANY of the politicians? Other than he's perhaps a little more open about it?

Trump never hid who/what he was and, I believe that was half of the "draw" people saw him as something different than the usual slippery politician. Sure, he is far from perfect, but, apparently enough people didn't care on election night.

16 minutes ago, noponies said:

Do you know anyone who is perfect?

No, I do not and, I've been around a while!