TigerLilly

The Investigation in Trump's ties to Russia

205 posts in this topic

^^^And already have. He's a lawyer's nightmare which is why his are mostly crackpots.

8 hours ago, Proud Dad said:

This shows that sometimes words can come back to haunt a person,  Trump's tweets could do the same thing to him.  PD

Ah, Trump's tweets. I've stopped watching anything that has to do with this whole mess.

I have no idea what the outcome will be, but, I wish they'd hurry the heck up.

Isn't this pleasant? Discussions with no insults.

The Senate investigation hopes to wrap up by the end of the year. Groan.

The end of the year? 6 more months of this? Groan, is right.

I just hope, whatever the outcome,  its accepted by both sides and, we all move on.

We have to remember, most things with politics move slowly. I do hope something constructive comes from all the time spent, & that our next election will be protected from hacking.  PD

I think, 'interference', is more accurate a term than, 'hacked.'

There has always been interference in elections, we've interfered in foreign elections and, vice versa, ever since elections existed.

This time, though, think it's become more of a, "we need to get to the bottom of it," kinda thing, because the "wrong" person won......this is the way I see it, anyway....... otherwise, why pick NOW to take such offence to it.

So far, it seems every time I hear, "we have  damning information/proof", it turns out it's a high ranking Democrat that comes out looking guilty. 

My gut tells me, this whole thing can be traced back to Obama and the Clintons and, their plan blew up in their faces, so now, it is being blamed on Trump and, they're trying their damnedest to "prove" it .

I could be totally wrong, way off base, but, with every dead end and, more evidence proving Democratic interference, that's how it looks to me.

I'm not a big Trump fan, but, I don't think anything WILL be proven concerning a Russia collusion.

Thats pretty much my perspective on the whole mess.^^^^

50 minutes ago, equicrzy said:

I think, 'interference', is more accurate a term than, 'hacked.'

There has always been interference in elections, we've interfered in foreign elections and, vice versa, ever since elections existed.

This time, though, think it's become more of a, "we need to get to the bottom of it," kinda thing, because the "wrong" person won......this is the way I see it, anyway....... otherwise, why pick NOW to take such offence to it.

So far, it seems every time I hear, "we have  damning information/proof", it turns out it's a high ranking Democrat that comes out looking guilty. 

My gut tells me, this whole thing can be traced back to Obama and the Clintons and, their plan blew up in their faces, so now, it is being blamed on Trump and, they're trying their damnedest to "prove" it .

I could be totally wrong, way off base, but, with every dead end and, more evidence proving Democratic interference, that's how it looks to me.

I'm not a big Trump fan, but, I don't think anything WILL be proven concerning a Russia collusion.

Can you please explain the highlighted statements? Which Democrats have looked or been guilty? How would the Democrats have interfered with the election in such a way to have elected a Republican?

I'll try, but, I don't remember names,  that woman who had the conversation with Bill Clinton on the tarmac and, there have been others, I'm just not too good with names.

The other thing......I did say their plan blew up in their faces, which is why a Republican was elected and, why they are now so **** bent on going after Trump.

Actually, a lot of what they are uncovering, points more in the direction of Obama and the Clintons, than Trump.  Where's all the sure fire evidence against Trump?  Where's all the impeachable evidence I've been hearing so much about, it all seems to hit dead ends.

Like I've said, Trump is no innocent and, he annoys the crap outta me, but, that doesn't mean I'm not glad he beat Hillary.......THAT woman is dangerous........and, as much as people claim Trump lies, he's got nothing on Hillary.

Edited by equicrzy

Wait......Lynch, I think the woman's name is, Lynch.

Neither of those people have anything to do with hacking the election. If you would listen to any news sources other than Fox, you would know more about the Russian hacking. But you said you don't want to hear any more of it, so maybe you shouldn't be trying to debate it.

19 hours ago, equicrzy said:

Ah, Trump's tweets. I've stopped watching anything that has to do with this whole mess.

I have no idea what the outcome will be, but, I wish they'd hurry the heck up.

16 minutes ago, jubal said:

Neither of those people have anything to do with hacking the election. If you would listen to any news sources other than Fox, you would know more about the Russian hacking. But you said you don't want to hear any more of it, so maybe you shouldn't be trying to debate it.

I beg your pardon?  Are you telling me what I can and can't discuss, here, on this public forum? 

The election wasn't "hacked" that implies voting machines were tampered with,  that is not the case, as had been proven.......no machines or, other voting forms, have been. How does one "hack" a voting machine?   Now, if you're using the word, "interference" that would be a more accurate term......I've already gone over that.

I knew Fox news would be brought up, every time a person doesn't agree, Fox news gets thrown in their face,  it's funny, too, because the same can be said for the opposing news sources.

The only news I've seen lately, is, the local station and, they don't go into as much detail as the actual news channels, but, that doesn't mean I don't still hear things from people.

You know, I was beginning to like you, since Nick's absence, I thought you were actually trying to be "nicer" and, get away from the snark I had associated with both you and, nick......the two of you worked as a tag team.

You're no different than nick.

I have my opinions and, I don't apologize for them, you don't have to agree, but, just because you don't, it doesn't make me wrong.

The two women I mentioned DO have something to do with this, they both have covered up pertinent information, they both have lied when asked about the involvement of certain people, in certain matters, one of them has asked the Hillary matter be downgraded...... called a "matter" rather than an investigation. Which says, Democrats will do whatever it takes to put the blame on someone else.

I've heard enough to know,  neither side is being totally honest and, there's enough blame to go around.......and, as of right now, there is no evidence of a Trump/Russia collusion and, the Democrats are really reaching and, I don't put it past them to invent, whatever they can't prove.

20 hours ago, noponies said:

Isn't this pleasant? Discussions with no insults.

So much for that.  Fun while it lasted. Thanks to those who tried to bring it back to debate. 

1. Disagreeing with you is not attacking or insulting you. You're the one who said you've stopped paying attention.

2. I don't really care if you don't like me.

3. The term debate implies having an opinion based on facts.

4. I can't debate someone who says she really doesn't want to hear any more of it and can't use facts or references to back up her opinion. 

5.  Put me on ignore. Please.

To bad there has to be a disagreement here, where one person takes their ball & goes home. but that is also a persons privilage.  I can't agree that that this was only interfercence.  National intelligence, has said it was Russian hackers, but a person can see any way they want, still doesn't change what really happened. Trump may not have been invoilved, in the Russian hacking, but I so far I think he has been ineffective in accomplishing much as President, & he can't blame the democrates for that, as his own party can't even come together, to pass legislation.  PD

Yet another reason the party system is no longer effective.

I think Trump has been very effective, in what he's said all during his campaign,  he would do.

What he hasn't done, it isn't for lack of trying, he has to have cooperation and, he doesn't always get that.

People don't really care, though, that he is trying to keep campaign promises, it doesn't matter, because, all they see is Trump in the White House and, THAT is what has most of their undies in a bunch.

I think, if there was a Russia collusion, some evidence, stronger than what we've seen/heard so far, would have been found and, not just more nonsense and the Democrats wishful thinking.

I'd like to know, how the Russians hacked our election/voting machines, nothing is online, they would have had to personally tamper with each and every machine and, it's been proven that didn't happen.

They call it hacking and, the people, hackers, in this case, because it sounds more ominous and, damning to Trump.

Putin hates Hillary, suppose he had his people see to it she wasn't elected, I don't know, there are many possible explanations here, including, there is NO connection between Trump and Putin.

equicrzy,  I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, but differing opinions are a good thing, if we all agreed on everything it would be a dull world.  Plus I do know you get out & vote, & the people that don't, are a much greater concern to me. PD

PD, you're right, it's ok to disagree, as long as it can be discussed amicably. It would make for a dull world, if everyone had the same opinions on things.

Yes, the people who don't vote and then complain about everything, have no right to, really, because they didn't at least try to change or make things better, in accordance to what their beliefs are.

Lately, all I hear comes from my husband when he gets home, he has an hour and a half drive and, listens to talk radio.......it usually starts with, "they really need to take Trump's phone away "......then, I hear all the rest.

The investigations are multiple and ongoing.  The FBI and the house/senate committees conducting these investigations are not releasing much information at all to protect the integrity of the investigations.  There won't be published findings or real information released for 6 months to a couple years from now.  It takes time to plow through thousands of documents, interview witnesses from around the world and gain the cooperation of foreign governments.  

43 states use voting machines with old software that is not regularly updated or secured with the latest protection.  9,000 voting jurisdictions (counties and states) use digital systems for voting.  Many do not have any back up paper trail to verify results are accurate.  It would be tough to hack them all, but every single one is easily hackable.  It's been tested and proven many times.  

In 1983 President Reagan redeployed Marines into Beirut as peacekeepers in a civil war.  Despite being advised against it by the Sec Defense and the Commandant of the Marine Corps, which led to the slaughter of 220 Marines and 21 other service members.  This was after the Beirut Embassy was bombed.  A new embassy was being built and it too was bombed. The Democratic led Congress conducted one investigation that last just a couple months in the embassy bombing.  A few months later they conducted just one investigation in the Marine barracks bombing taking a couple months to complete.  The democrats led two short but complete investigations against a republican President they didn't like.  Compare that to Benghazi with the death of one Ambassador and 3 CIA employees.  How many years long investigations did the republicans conduct, all with the same basic conclusion?  Seven.  The days of short and to the point investigations are long gone.  Benghazi set a new standard the republicans can't escape from, they must conduct multiple investigations by multiple committees.  It is the republicans leading these investigations.  As a side note, both Presidents, Reagan and Obama, publicly declared they were ultimately responsible.  

.... again, it has been said, many times, there's no evidence any voting machines or, ballots, were tampered with.....

I suppose, it can be done, if one is determined enough, but, in this case, it wasn't.

What claim? That they have said......"there's no evidence of tampering?" 

Only that, according to whomever investigated it, said so.......on every news channel, local stations, etc.

On 6/30/2017 at 0:50 PM, equicrzy said:

.... again, it has been said, many times, there's no evidence any voting machines or, ballots, were tampered with.....

I suppose, it can be done, if one is determined enough, but, in this case, it wasn't.

Well, that might be because none of the voting machines were ever tested. http://oianews.com/the-dhs-hasnt-investigated-whether-voting-machines-were-hacked-in-november-and-says-it-doesnt-intend-to So it's not possible to state definitively that the vote was not  hacked.

Seems improbable that there would be enough Russian operatives to hack the numerous and variable individual voting machines across the country in order to get the voting results they wanted.