TigerLilly

The Investigation in Trump's ties to Russia

205 posts in this topic

But nobody knows if the various voting totals were correct. Without a paper trail, it's impossible to check some machines. We need to know our votes count. We can't have a democracy if some votes could disappear or be recorded incorrectly.

And you can't say the vote wasn't affected by the Russian hack. Who knows how many votes were affected by the fake stories being planted by bots on social media. We know people believed them as evidenced by the brilliant person who entered a D.C. pizza parlor looking for the child sex ring being run by Clinton and Podesta. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There will always be idiots in the world. That does not mean we ALL are, nor even many of us. Or so I used to think...........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jubal said:

But nobody knows if the various voting totals were correct. Without a paper trail, it's impossible to check some machines. We need to know our votes count. We can't have a democracy if some votes could disappear or be recorded incorrectly.

And you can't say the vote wasn't affected by the Russian hack. Who knows how many votes were affected by the fake stories being planted by bots on social media. We know people believed them as evidenced by the brilliant person who entered a D.C. pizza parlor looking for the child sex ring being run by Clinton and Podesta. 

I agree that our votes do need to count and shouldn't be lost to whim or malice.

However, "the Russian hack" .... if I am understanding correctly .... was not voting machines actually being "hacked" or tampered with, but was social media stories that may have *influenced* voting?  Doesn't seem much different from politicians slinging mud at each other with paid commercial advertisements.  In fact, it seems more laughable to me, in an everything-on-the-internet-is-TRUE!!! sort of way.

This country needs to be better educated so the populace won't easily fall for such tactics and will think for themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And leave it to the media to use one of their "new words" to twist it and make people think its something it ain't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Heidi n Q said:

I agree that our votes do need to count and shouldn't be lost to whim or malice.

However, "the Russian hack" .... if I am understanding correctly .... was not voting machines actually being "hacked" or tampered with, but was social media stories that may have *influenced* voting?  Doesn't seem much different from politicians slinging mud at each other with paid commercial advertisements.  In fact, it seems more laughable to me, in an everything-on-the-internet-is-TRUE!!! sort of way.

This country needs to be better educated so the populace won't easily fall for such tactics and will think for themselves.

I can't argue with this.

 

41 minutes ago, noponies said:

And leave it to the media to use one of their "new words" to twist it and make people think its something it ain't.

??? What new word?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New meanings for old words. Everything seems to be a hack these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A definition of hack is to gain access to a computer without permission. Russia evidently did that to DNC computers, according to US intelligence agencies. So the word was used correctly. Russia hacked the US election. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How, exactly, did they do that, if indeed they did?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you are being disingenuous. How do hackers hack any computer? Or are you suggesting that isn't possible? Do you think the DNC released their own email? The intelligence agencies have also said the RNC was hacked. Why do you think their information was not released?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is insisting on proof being disingenuous?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess you'll just have to wait for Mueller's investigation to prove it to you. And on another note--why do you think Trump and the Republicans paid big dollars to hire lawyers to stop the vote recount in the swing states? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because there was no real proof it was needed? I refuse to condemn anyone on conjecture and supposition, unlike the media, and apparently most of America.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Why can't people accept the fact, Hillary didn't lose because she was cheated, she lost because she's not as loved or, as special as she thought.

 As far as I see, the only thing that was revealed during the campaign, was, the depth of Hillary's deceptions, people were made aware of that deception and, chose to not vote for her.

 Every single machine and paper ballot had to have been tampered with, if we are to believe in a Russian, "hack"... every, single, one, in every city in every state.

 People will keep believing that, though, in order to not have to face the truth....... people disliked Hillary so much, they'd rather see Donald Trump in the White House.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, equicrzy said:

 Why can't people accept the fact, Hillary didn't lose because she was cheated, she lost because she's not as loved or, as special as she thought.

 As far as I see, the only thing that was revealed during the campaign, was, the depth of Hillary's deceptions, people were made aware of that deception and, chose to not vote for her.

 Every single machine and paper ballot had to have been tampered with, if we are to believe in a Russian, "hack"... every, single, one, in every city in every state.

 People will keep believing that, though, in order to not have to face the truth....... people disliked Hillary so much, they'd rather see Donald Trump in the White House.

Well, she was almost three million votes more special than Trump. But Trump can't accept that fact. Now, he's ordered an investigation into voter fraud and ordered the states to send their voter rolls which include names, addresses, voting records, felony charges, and in many cases , last four Social Security number digits to this "investigation."  Fortunately, many states are refusing. However, he spent big dollars to stop the recount in the swing states. He evidently didn't think there was fraud in the states he won.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 Why can't people accept the fact, Hillary didn't lose because she was cheated, she lost because she's not as loved or, as special as she thought.

And 9 years ago we heard the exact same whine from the reps when Obama got elected. Babe Ruth said it best: Deja Vu, all over again. And I'm quite sure we will here the same whine AGAIN for the NEXT election. Its a nation of crybabies.

Edited by noponies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, noponies said:

And 9 years ago we heard the exact same whine from the reps when Obama got elected. Babe Ruth said it best: Deja Vu, all over again. And I'm quite sure we will here the same whine AGAIN for the NEXT election. Its a nation of crybabies.

Well, I may not be around for the next election, so can't argue that one. But it was Yogi Berra who said "Deja vu all over again." He was always murdering common sayings. My favorite is, "When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, noponies said:

And 9 years ago we heard the exact same whine from the reps when Obama got elected. Babe Ruth said it best: Deja Vu, all over again. And I'm quite sure we will here the same whine AGAIN for the NEXT election. Its a nation of crybabies.

 Only difference being, the media didn't crucify Obama and, the reps didn't condone hateful speech against him.

 We have Democrats who are saying hateful, horrible things, condoning a shooting, saying, "he got what he deserved" of Scalise. 

 The media and the Democrats are fueling this fire and, blaming it on others, causing ordinary citizens to believe that kind of behavior is alright.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, equicrzy said:

 Why can't people accept the fact, Hillary didn't lose because she was cheated, she lost because she's not as loved or, as special as she thought.

 As far as I see, the only thing that was revealed during the campaign, was, the depth of Hillary's deceptions, people were made aware of that deception and, chose to not vote for her.

 Every single machine and paper ballot had to have been tampered with, if we are to believe in a Russian, "hack"... every, single, one, in every city in every state.

 People will keep believing that, though, in order to not have to face the truth....... people disliked Hillary so much, they'd rather see Donald Trump in the White House.

I don't think Hillary lost because she was cheated. She lost because of a few reasons. Democrats are notoriously bad a voting. Im not sure why dens have such terrible turn out but they do. Secondly I think people just did not like her or the idea of yet another Clinton and another administration plauged with scandal. Regardless of validity of the scandals. I also think the DNC holds a lot of the blame here as well. They propped up an unpopular candidate. And they destroyed their credibility in the process. I wont ever give the DNC my money again after learning what they did to Bernie. And I would not have known if it weren't for the Russian hacks. 

Ann Coulter,  of all the people on this planet I could agree with. I would never have thought it would be Ann Coulter. When the primaries first started she said that the GOP does not want Bernie to win the primaries. If he did win, the GOP would lose for sure. There were many Republicans willing to vote for Sanders but **** would freeze over before they voted for Hillary. 

I blame the DNC for Trump 100%. Had they been playing by the rules and not interfering in the primaries we would have had a much better outcome. 

I think people, even conservatives would have been pleasantly surprised with a Sanders presidency. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TigerLilly said:

I don't think Hillary lost because she was cheated. She lost because of a few reasons. Democrats are notoriously bad a voting. Im not sure why dens have such terrible turn out but they do. Secondly I think people just did not like her or the idea of yet another Clinton and another administration plauged with scandal. Regardless of validity of the scandals. I also think the DNC holds a lot of the blame here as well. They propped up an unpopular candidate. And they destroyed their credibility in the process. I wont ever give the DNC my money again after learning what they did to Bernie. And I would not have known if it weren't for the Russian hacks. 

Ann Coulter,  of all the people on this planet I could agree with. I would never have thought it would be Ann Coulter. When the primaries first started she said that the GOP does not want Bernie to win the primaries. If he did win, the GOP would lose for sure. There were many Republicans willing to vote for Sanders but **** would freeze over before they voted for Hillary. 

I blame the DNC for Trump 100%. Had they been playing by the rules and not interfering in the primaries we would have had a much better outcome. 

I think people, even conservatives would have been pleasantly surprised with a Sanders presidency. 

 I agree with a lot of this.

 The people who were still undecided, voted for Trump because of what came out about Hillary, almost last minute, surprised everyone, I know it surprised me, because, I really thought Hillary would win, didn't want her to, but, I thought Trump sank himself with things he said, things that came out later.

 Hillary lost, in part, to her lackadaisical attitude towards the campaign, she just knew she was going to win, so, didn't bother going to some key states, causing people to vote against her.

 I don't know about a Bernie presidency, he did say, he's a socialist, now, that might not mean anything to some, but, I know socialism doesn't work and, didn't want to see it happening here, whether or not he would have governed that way, we'll never know, but, I think it's highly likely, since his campaign focused on free this and, free that.

 Trump would be a lot better off, if he quit with the stupid tweets, they are what fuels the media frenzy, for the most part, if they quit obsessing over him and, get back to actual news reporting, he'd probably back off of THEM, that's obviously something they've not thought about.

 The DNC decided it was time for a woman President, no, it was time for Hillary to be President, they hadn't considered her popularity, they figured it was higher, obviously. I do believe, they thought people were stupid and, no one believed the talk of Clinton scandals, that Hillary was loved and admired, no one believed that more than Hillary, which is why she lost, she overestimated herself and, underestimated the people, you can't call millions of people" deplorables" and expect them to vote for you........ some of those deplorables, may have been undecided and, her statement made their minds up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were other Republican candidates that were not terrible. Kasich was a pretty nice guy. He understood policy, had experience working in government and was well educated and well spoken. I did not agree with much of his ideology obviously because I am a bit more liberal leaning than he is. He was a clean slate with nothing funny in his background. I would have thought conservatives would have really liked him. But oh no, they had to have Donald Trump. Its like 4chan took over the election and decided to set the country on fire. I have stopped watching the news so I do not know the details of what is currently going on. I hear a few things now and then. Recently read about Trump wanting to cut heating assistance. Oh that sounds splendid. Im sure law enforcement and EMTs will enjoy pulling out poor and old frozen people from their homes during the winter. What type of person thinks that would be a good idea? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were a couple decent Independents too, but America is too lazy to go find out anything about them, and media is to biased to help them out. It seems anyone who isn't the focus of media doesn't really exist, which is why we now have Trump as President.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TigerLilly said:

There were other Republican candidates that were not terrible. Kasich was a pretty nice guy. He understood policy, had experience working in government and was well educated and well spoken. I did not agree with much of his ideology obviously because I am a bit more liberal leaning than he is. He was a clean slate with nothing funny in his background. I would have thought conservatives would have really liked him. But oh no, they had to have Donald Trump. Its like 4chan took over the election and decided to set the country on fire. I have stopped watching the news so I do not know the details of what is currently going on. I hear a few things now and then. Recently read about Trump wanting to cut heating assistance. Oh that sounds splendid. Im sure law enforcement and EMTs will enjoy pulling out poor and old frozen people from their homes during the winter. What type of person thinks that would be a good idea? 

 There were a few Republican candidates I would have preferred over Trump, Kasich was one of them. I'm rather, right leaning....no secret there, right......so, I can't say and, be honest, that there were any Democrats I would have thought were ok.

 I like Bernie, as a person, I think he's probably a nice guy, but, not as President.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Equicrzy  What struck me about your post.  We have to start think people we vote for instead of party. PD

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YES! People are stuck in the whole 2 party thing and never seem to realize they don't have to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I have no problem voting outside of party, but, I have yet to come across a single person, I feel I can get behind.

 I wrote in this election, one I felt I could, one that didn't make it through the debates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now