Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Proud Dad

White Tuesday

19 posts in this topic

The ground is white outside, got 5-6 inches of snow over night, it was upper 60s on Saturday, & I thought spring was here to stay, how wrong I was. Now I have another day to get some odds & ends done.   Hope you all have a nice day.  Best Wishes. PD

Ground was white here, too.  But it was just super thick frost.  So thick you couldn't see the lines in the road this am.  Couple that with the heavy fog we had, and it took me a good half hour to get to work.  I was almost late! Not that anyone would care. Haha

Last morning shift til next Monday, then that'll be the last morning shift til summer.  I dread summer!

It was 45* here at 5AM. Hopefully spring is here to stay. DD is supposed to have a ball game tonight, we'll see if the weather cooperates. Her game on Saturday was cancelled because the field was to wet to play on.

2 inches on the ground for us.  Told hubby seeing as we have ground covered completely should get the burn pile going.  However, we are to get up in the 40's later today so it will be gone fast.  The back to 60's for highs.  Typical April weather.

It was 80* here yesterday. About 60* when I did chores this morning. Raining now - supposed to be 50* tomorrow - then back up to 70* by the weekend. 

I'm going for Taco Tuesday tonight, I'm pretty excited.

Taco Tuesday would make for a yummy lunch.

Yesterday our chef made vegetable lasagna & it was delicious.  Lucky me there is some left so that just might be on the lunch menu. 

The town I work in has a little coffee/sandwich shop that is doing quite well (it's the owner's 3rd business attempt in that building. ) because they make amazing sandwiches and I guess their coffee is good, too (I'm not a coffee drinker) 

Today their special is the Philly cheese steak grilled cheese.  Pretty sure it's calling to me, since I'm the one who suggested it when they were asking for new menu special ideas!  So I'm going to take off early and eat yumminess.  

In other news, I'm 95% sure I have a sinus infection.  Ewwwwww

Despite the clear skies last night the temp stayed in the low 30's.  No rain or snow.  Cold and windy yesterday which had me whining about having to ride last night to keep the 30daysofbiking pledge going.  Got it done, streak continues.  This morning there was a stiff breeze out of the NE which of course is the direction I have to ride.  Only be about 40 this afternoon and I'm hoping for a tailwind.  

So last Friday riding home I have to go by this house that has a brittany cross that has picked up the habit of chasing me.  Started 1 1/2 ago and wasn't too concerned since she was mostly not aggressive, doing it for play.  When the owners are out she doesn't chase and most often she just watches me go by if she's out alone.  In total she's only chased me about a dozen times now but it's getting more aggressive.  Last Friday she came out of the ditch at a sprint right at me snarling and barking.  I stopped and got off my bike keeping it between us.  Dog wasn't quite sure what to do but kept barking at me until I finally rode off.  This time when she came out there was a pickup trucking coming down the road and thankfully they slowed way down.  My fears are the dog will bite, hit my back wheel causing a crash,  and being knocked into traffic.  This morning the dog was out and watching me go by but I spot the owner sitting half way in the passenger seat of a small car.  I swung around to talk to her and of course the dog comes out barking right at me.  I stopped and she called Stella over.  Once the Stella quit barking I told the lady I've been having a problem with the dog and that she's chased me a dozen times now.  She gets the dog over yelling at so it cowers, she spanks it and tells her she's a bad dog, stands up puffs her cigarette and turns and walks away.  Never said anything or even acknowledged me.  Just turns and walked back to the car.  I have to solve this issue, I'm not the only one that rides that road.  There's kids and families that ride that road too.  

Not sure what my course of action will be.  I know the animal control officer so I'll be calling her this morning when she gets in.  My tentative plan is to spray with my water bottle, then it may be bear spray depending on the wind.  Hate to buy the stuff just for this.  Anyway, step three a chunk of broom handle maybe, I can mount it at the ready.  Calling the cops each time of course.  See what the AC officer suggests.  

Love me some cheesesteaks!  Best part of living near Philly was the steak shops.

38 minutes ago, wolfhaven said:

Despite the clear skies last night the temp stayed in the low 30's.  No rain or snow.  Cold and windy yesterday which had me whining about having to ride last night to keep the 30daysofbiking pledge going.  Got it done, streak continues.  This morning there was a stiff breeze out of the NE which of course is the direction I have to ride.  Only be about 40 this afternoon and I'm hoping for a tailwind.  

So last Friday riding home I have to go by this house that has a brittany cross that has picked up the habit of chasing me.  Started 1 1/2 ago and wasn't too concerned since she was mostly not aggressive, doing it for play.  When the owners are out she doesn't chase and most often she just watches me go by if she's out alone.  In total she's only chased me about a dozen times now but it's getting more aggressive.  Last Friday she came out of the ditch at a sprint right at me snarling and barking.  I stopped and got off my bike keeping it between us.  Dog wasn't quite sure what to do but kept barking at me until I finally rode off.  This time when she came out there was a pickup trucking coming down the road and thankfully they slowed way down.  My fears are the dog will bite, hit my back wheel causing a crash,  and being knocked into traffic.  This morning the dog was out and watching me go by but I spot the owner sitting half way in the passenger seat of a small car.  I swung around to talk to her and of course the dog comes out barking right at me.  I stopped and she called Stella over.  Once the Stella quit barking I told the lady I've been having a problem with the dog and that she's chased me a dozen times now.  She gets the dog over yelling at so it cowers, she spanks it and tells her she's a bad dog, stands up puffs her cigarette and turns and walks away.  Never said anything or even acknowledged me.  Just turns and walked back to the car.  I have to solve this issue, I'm not the only one that rides that road.  There's kids and families that ride that road too.  

Not sure what my course of action will be.  I know the animal control officer so I'll be calling her this morning when she gets in.  My tentative plan is to spray with my water bottle, then it may be bear spray depending on the wind.  Hate to buy the stuff just for this.  Anyway, step three a chunk of broom handle maybe, I can mount it at the ready.  Calling the cops each time of course.  See what the AC officer suggests.  

Love me some cheesesteaks!  Best part of living near Philly was the steak shops.

A can of wasp and hornet spray is cheaper, and works just as well. I carry it when walking my dog, for those who don't think leash laws apply to them.

My day off here mostly. I do have a board meeting this evening though at a restaurant. Gonna try to tackle most of my to do list today. Was so busy over the weekend that I didn't get much done. At least it is not raining right now. Sun is even starting to peek out from behind the clouds. 

If the dog was not aggressive in the past try throwing out cut up hot dogs as you go buy.  If it works she will see you as a positive reward with food on the run.  Do it a few times & see if it will work.  Otherwise wasp spray.

The hornet spray may be an option.  The animal shelter's office suggested pepper spray.  They are contacting animal control and talking to them.  She may give me a call.  Hopefully before she contacts the owners.  Don't think rewarding a dog for chasing would be a good idea, probably just encourage the chasing.  

Painted that's like the first time you've seen sun in months.  B)

Don't use pepper spay as that is a harder to hit target especially on the run.  The wasp spray will be more of a span & should spray further.

It got up to 77 yesterday now it back down to the 50s today but I think we are safe from the snow now. My horses vet visit us screaming up on me this Saturday. I'm getting nervous. I just hope whatever is going on is manageable. Crossing my fingers. 

Hey everybody. Its gonna be 85 degrees here. Got laundry on the line, swinging in the breeze. 

Im doing ok. I worked yesterday but my head really just wasnt "in the game". Im trying to just return to some sort of normalcy. (My family is (and has been) very dysfunctional so you cant even begin to imagine the crap Ive had to deal with.) My friends have been wonderful. My cowgirls have been wonderful as well. Theyve had questions about my brothers death, just curious concerned kids, and somehow theyve been the easiest to talk to and explain things to. Today marks one week since hes been gone. I dont know where the week went! It still seems very unreal.

Queen, glad you are getting back to some normalcy. I lost a brother unexpectedly at age 47. It is hard.

Went to yoga early. My allergies have come back full force. Sneezed so much my head hurts!

The sun is shining. Wish I had the energy to go buy some flowers to plant. Maybe tomorrow.

It was nice today, went to Albuquerque without my jacket and, didn't freeze.

Didn't get to enjoy the niceness, though, spent the entire day at the UNM, they were short staffed and all the appointments were an hour behind...... really sucked, because we have a 2 and a half hour drive home, we stopped for burgers on the way, because we had a bagel at 7am and, were starving. Didn't get home until 7 tonight.

I might sleep in a little tomorrow.