Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wolfhaven

Wednesday I think

11 posts in this topic

Another frigid morning.  25 degrees with clear skies.  Was not thrilled to see that.  Took my bikepacking bike this morning.  Plan on cruising through the municipal forest on my way home.  Yesterday I wasn't sure what to expect going by the dog's house.  Found her laying in the yard loose again.  This time she stayed laying down and just gave me the evil eye  as I rode by.  Basically no change there.  Won't be going by there today since I'm taking a different route home.  This morning she wasn't outside at all so it was clear.  Had my water bottle ready.  Found out a co-worker sells pepper spray kits and some tiny screeching alarm thing.  My go that route.  Be smaller and easier to keep at the ready than a big can of wasp spray.  

Winter this morning and spring this afternoon.  Weather terrorists are calling for upper 50's and sun.  I'll take it.  Signs went up.  The bridge by my house will be closed from 8-5 weekdays all summer again.  Woohoo!  Cuts down on the traffic.  

It was 50 and sunny here. I was going to ride but the neighbors were getting a new roof, so I thought better of it. When I turned the horse out, he put on a 10 minute show of rear, snort, buck until he finally decided the roofers weren't going to scare.  I'm glad I wasn't on him

Good luck with the dog issue. That gets a bit scary. I've had some that came after me on a run or ride before. I usually carry a tazer on me. I have never had to use it yet. 

Its back to rain and cloudy here today. The sun break we got yesterday didn't last long. So ready for some nice weather. Getting ready to head into work, then will hit up the gym this evening. I hope the heater in the gym's sauna got fixed, its nice to relax in there after I'm all done. 

It is partly sunny here & 42 degrees, with 50 for a high.  Forecast is for upper 60s over the weekend & sunny, we'll see what happens.  PD

Waiting for the Home Depot delivery, they don't give an approximate time, so, could be anywhere from now, to 5 pm.

Will have floor repair people here in about an hour.  Two pink dogwood trees were delivered yesterday so today I will plant them.  I need to decide where ....

Wolf, youll carry the pepper spray only to be attacked by wasps.:crazy:

Touch chilly here but all our snow is already gone.  Not sure what we are going to do for lunch as the place were enjoyed sounds to be closing.  The previous owner did a lease to own.  The guy who was running it did a really good job in the kitchen.  The food was really good & we were going almost everyday so not sure what we are going to have now.  Guess this is a sign that will have to go on the Subway diet.

Hard to believe that Sunday is Easter.

So!  I dug up a small tree and transplanted it.  Dug up a shrub and dragged it to the burn pile.  My last Crape Myrtle arrived so I planted it and the 2 pink dogwoods.  I bucket watered everyone in, the 4 I planted today and the 5 I planted a few days ago.  Just got done re-arranging the garage freezer and am having a grape Otter Pop.  Good golly it's cold and delicious!

I've had a yellowjacket slam into a gap in my helmet.  Holy moly that hurt.  Had me dancing in the street :crazy:

Margins in the food business are very tight.  Tough to make a go at it.  Subway or you could pack your own...   

HQ you can come here and set your grape drink outside overnight, it will be frozen by morning.  Water puddles were iced over on my way in this morning.

Got the call up to the big leagues tonight.  Going to be playing goalie at 9pm.  Short night of sleep for sure.  Why can't I resist and just say no?  It'll be fun.  Pretty fast skate normally so that'll help.  The slow, lower skill level ones later at night I do turn down.  

Wolfie, just carry a dressage whip, that'll deter the mongrel after a whack or two. Plus, it might help with your half pass and pirouettes.  

Normal work day today, thank God.  My head is going to explode.  I tried getting in to a doc (gasp! I know!) so I could hopefully get some antibiotics....but no one wanted to see me. :( sad day. So, I'll be continuing my holistic approach to cure this sinus crap.  Pineapple juice, garlic, and all things spicy.  If I was brave I'd try horse radish root, but I'm not that brave.  

10 hours ago, SerahRose said:

Normal work day today, thank God.  My head is going to explode.  I tried getting in to a doc (gasp! I know!) so I could hopefully get some antibiotics....but no one wanted to see me. :( sad day. So, I'll be continuing my holistic approach to cure this sinus crap.  Pineapple juice, garlic, and all things spicy.  If I was brave I'd try horse radish root, but I'm not that brave.  

have you tried tiger balm?