Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PinkTractor

Good Friday

15 posts in this topic

Trying to get my local taxes together and am so confused. So I tried calling and the office is closed. So, does that mean there is no mail today?

I googled it, there is mail. Phew!

Being at work has me all confused today.

Edited by PinkTractor

Pink,   Good Morning, the sun is trying to come out, hope it does, so some of the mud around here will dry up a bit. Hope you have a good day. Best Wishes. PD

Another morning of clear skies and a beautiful sunrise.  Of course that means the temp drops in the morning.  Rode into a headwind which had my tired legs fussing.  Got to rest for several minutes waiting for a long coal train to creep by heading to the dock.  They have a pretty cool set up.  Train pulls in and stops as each car gets inside.  A machine grabs the coal car and spins it in place, doesn't have to be disconnected from the train.  Rain is scheduled to move in later tonight.  Should be able to make it home safely before it starts.  

No special plans for the weekend.  Probably play hockey early tomorrow morning.  Have to bike some both days for this 30 day pledge thingy.  The weather will probably dictate the type and distance.  Definitely thinking at least one nap is in order.  Time in the garage I'm sure will have to be on the agenda.  

Pink, don't worry I am all confused with the day this week.  My son's last day was Wednesday & he went to the grandparents.  All day yesterday kept thinking it was Friday, oh so messed up.

Well hate to give it a way but season 9 of Dallas was all a dream.  Sorry for the spoiler if you haven't had a chance to see it yet.

It's sunny here. It'd be great if some of the mud dried up. It's so wet this spring. I push mowed around the house because the yard is too wet for the rider. I have tons of grass that needs cut - but at least having it knocked down around the house will keep the critters away.

No plans for my weekend, either. I do have an Easter dinner at my Mom's at 2 on Sunday. Other than that, they're calling for rain. Usually go out opening day of trout (tomorrow) - but not if it's raining. So working on the racecar and that's about it.

Sunny and muddy here. Brought the kids out to help plant more lily bulbs and gladiolus. Grandpa stopped out to say hi and play with the kids. He is coming back at 3 to I can go out and spend some time with the horse. Unfortunately things are not going great with the trainer so that had to be out on the back burner for now:(

Edited by TigerLilly

Oh yeah. And I was on Facebook last night browsing one of the local horse groups...someone was offering a rabbit for free - a mini lop. Daughter is allergic and they feel it's unfair that he is locked up all the time. So, he was cute. & came with all his things - for free. Therefore I go pick him up next week.

Ooops.

Ah, heehee! I'd do the sme, for another Rascal Terrier, which I DON'T need.

Edited by noponies

Pink have fun.

Work was ok today.  Got more papers filed away.  Basket is empty for the current months stuff.  

Shortman is off at the grandparents & somehow managed to get a fever.  He was sick the last time he stayed with them.  So while Vegas been gone I've been working on making pj bottoms for his Easter basket.  Should have them done by tomorrow morning.  Very easy pattern.

It was a beautiful day here except for the wind. I got dressed for the gym but ended up buying flowers to plant. I didn't find everything I wanted. I'm going to another nursery next week.

We are eating out for Easter. Makes it a lot easier for me. 

My garden is starting to grow. Radishes, onions and squash are peeking out.

Everyone have a great evening and Easter weekend!

RR, hope your little guy gets better quickly.

Danyel, my mom said he is feeling good today.  Told her it is probably good he gets sick at her place because he would be going to work with me  & that's not the same as staying home.

Always find it funny reading about members who are putting in gardens.  We just had snow.

This is what I spent my Good Friday doing. When they show the shot of all the guys on the roof I'm in the back in the bright blue t shirt. 

http://www.wpta21.com/story/35156313/firefighters-from-hudson-and-ashley-help-family-in-need#.WPGqqYZEMog.facebook

PS.. I'm not on the fire department.  Just dating one of them. We knew the local newspaper was doing a story on it. But were all shocked when the local tv station showed up. It is an awesome thing to be a part of. 

JG,   Neat pic, & a very neat thing to be part of,  & good way to spend Good Friday.   Best Wishes. PD