Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PaintedWishes

Sunny Saturday!!

16 posts in this topic

Good morning everyone! Finally woke up to some sunny clear skies. Good thing, my poor lawn needs to be mowed really bad. Glad its my day off, got way to much stuff on the to do list. Was a super busy week so got very little done all week. Had some easter eggs and a piece of leftover cake for breakfast along with coffee. Hope everyone is having a good day so far.

Edited by PaintedWishes

Working today but getting ready to close the library down for Easter.

My day went bad. The vet came back with horrible news. My horse is only sound for light riding and breeding:( 

3 hours ago, jubal said:

What happened to your horse, TigerLilly?

Vet says she injured her pelvis, probably a long time ago. Vet said it's not something that can be fixed:(

Tiger sorry to hear about your mare.

Had a good day in the office.  Processed a number of orders & checked in some really nice people.

Highlight was my boy coming home.  Couldn't get enough hugs from him this afternoon.

We did get some badly needed rain off & on throughout the day.  The trees sure have started to bud & grass is getting green.

TL,    Sorry about your mare,  not a pleasant way to start your Easter weekend, or any weekend. I wish you well.

I spent my day helping cleaning house, the boss was doing the cooking, she almost plated herself out,  our daughter & family is coming tomorrow, so we'll have a house full.  Now I just hope the sun comes out & drys up some of the mud, so only so much gets dragged in the house.  Happy Easter Everybody. PD                                       He Is Risen

Edited by Proud Dad

Thanks PD and RRW. I was hoping that was not the case, but when her previous owner  "not the person or purchased her from"  told me she was unsound, I was hoping I could fix it it. Turns out that is not the case:( luckily she wants to buy her from me and use her as a broodmare. I'm happy she will get a home with someone who really likes her and knows her. That is the only good thing that can come from this.

Hope everyone has an awesome Easter! We are doing an easter egg hunt tomorrow.  I will try to get pictures and post some. The kids have such a good time finding the eggs and all of the goodies:)

Tiger, too bad about your mare.  I usually respect the advice of vets, but, I wouldn't think a pelvic injury and, breeding, would go together very well. Try to imagine a human, with a pelvic injury, becoming pregnant, I'd imagine, it would be a lot more uncomfortable and, painful. Horses are a lot bigger and, so are their babies.

But, I'm not a vet, so...... maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.....lol.

19 minutes ago, equicrzy said:

Tiger, too bad about your mare.  I usually respect the advice of vets, but, I wouldn't think a pelvic injury and, breeding, would go together very well. Try to imagine a human, with a pelvic injury, becoming pregnant, I'd imagine, it would be a lot more uncomfortable and, painful. Horses are a lot bigger and, so are their babies.

Humans have a very small birth canal and very large heads compared to other mammals. It's why we have such difficult births. Vet said she should not have issues foaling. As far as the horse goes, I won't be having her bred.

TL, I'm sorry about your horse. How did the vet determine the pelvic injury?

59 minutes ago, TigerLilly said:

Humans have a very small birth canal and very large heads compared to other mammals. It's why we have such difficult births. Vet said she should not have issues foaling. As far as the horse goes, I won't be having her bred.

Their heads may be comparitively small, but the shoulders sure aren't. And contractions still work the pelvic muscles.

2 hours ago, jubal said:

TL, I'm sorry about your horse. How did the vet determine the pelvic injury?

I guess he could tell right off the bat that her left leg did not have correct range of motion. He flexed her numerous times and felt all over her hind end. He also watched video of her in training. He hocks were fine and nothing going on with her ankles. But her left stifle has some mild pain. The examination went on for quite a bit. This is the third vet that has seen. One said there was something wrong with her hips, the other said there was nothing wrong with her, and now this one says it's her pelvis. I'm throwing in the towel

Edited by TigerLilly

4 hours ago, equicrzy said:

I'm not a vet either, but I have learned there are a lot of vets who don't know much about horses.

6 hours ago, noponies said:

I'm not a vet either, but I have learned there are a lot of vets who don't know much about horses.

Yes, the first Vet that seen her was a waste of money. This last vet works on only horses and came highly recommended.