Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PaintedWishes

Back to Monday...

25 posts in this topic

Good morning! After a super windy, rainy stormy night, woke up to the clouds clearing and the sun peaking out. After a busy weekend so not ready for Monday yet. But oh well. Off to work with coffee in hand. Hope everyone has a good day!

I had the plumber here first thing this morning because of a leak. Happy Monday! 

Actually it looks like it's going to be a nice day out. I will be outside getting some sun today. 

Edited by TigerLilly

I'm planning on leaving work early today. If I get there. Got to get some hay to the barn (it's down the road at a friends barn), go to the bank, clean the inside of the truck out, and some other odd and ends thing. I was going to go pick up my new rabbit - but I think I am going to go later this week.

That crazy Cleveland shooter had his cell phone pinged in my area - so I'm not too thrilled about going out places.

Hubby & son headed out before the sun came up.  They are going to go oversee the movement of a piece of equipment just bought for the railroad.  So I found no need to rush at getting to work.  Something about being able to take my time at getting out of bed & not have anybody to worry about but me.  Course I love my boys but sometime it is just nice to wake up to the house empty.

Working in the office today nothing exciting.

Overcast day here, today.  I'll be heading in to work in an hour.  Relaxing and surfing the interwebz.  Pink, be careful.  I read the story about that shooter and while I believe the man knew what he was doing, he is definitely unhinged.

Weekend was fun.  Saturday was an early wake up to go play hockey and then run some errands.  Took a nice nap and then went for a bike ride.  Talked Mrs. Wolfy into hiking the dog so off we went into the woods.  Yes the ticks are out.  Got back from the hike and headed down to the river for a nice relaxing kayak paddle.  Good P4 day (puck, pedal, plod and paddle).  Sunday was really windy with scattered rain clouds dumping rain off and on all day.  Putzed around the house and garage most day.  Snuck in a very short bike ride in a brief lull in the winds.  Could be a busy night tonight.  Meeting with the head of the city parks and rec after work and then a board meeting tonight.  Thought the park's meeting was Wednesday.  She'll have to put up with me in my biking stuff.  Dang, forgot my bike lock.  Have to figure something out.  

Had a nice weekend, my nieces came down Fri and Sat, so got some quality time with them.  Played farrier for a neighbor, then gave her daughter a little lesson on her super cute sporty pinto gelding.  

Church and grammas on Sunday, up at 1am Mon morning thought I was gonna toss my cookies - probably just ate too much because after half hour of fighting the urge to puke, it went away.  Then up again at 5 to go to work.  20 more minutes and I can go home...Whoot!  

38 minutes ago, jubal said:

Pink, can you carry a gun?

No point to carrying a gun unless you are willing to kill. Otherwise someone like that animal will take it away from you and shoot you.

58 minutes ago, noponies said:

No point to carrying a gun unless you are willing to kill. Otherwise someone like that animal will take it away from you and shoot you.

Well I think I'd be willing to kill that monster! 

Got to test ride a gelding today. He wouldn't move. Can't do nothing with a horse that won't go:( 

Yes, I am licensed to carry. Yes, I do carry. They aren't even sure where he is now.

I was so busy today. Got out of work couple hours early and did so much. Felt so accomplished! &&&&I even got to go for a quick ride! First one of the year!

1 hour ago, TigerLilly said:

Got to test ride a gelding today. He wouldn't move. Can't do nothing with a horse that won't go:( 

Not so hard to fix.

My tack shack is gonna be done this week!! I hope! Lol.  

This was supposed to me a summer project w my mom.  She got antsy and started without me....and then my oldest brother was here for the weekend and he took the project and ran with it...

So, it'll be my tack shack, but not my sweat and blood put into building it, it guess.  At least I'm the one who salvaged all the lumber. :P

IMAG2623.jpg

Serah,  Looks like a ideal sized tack shack, I'm sure you'll enjoy having a nice place to store all you tack.  My tack room is in front of my trailer, have never found a better place to put it.

TL,  Better luck with next horse you have a chance to test ride.  Some horses really test a rider, & make life difficult, I have 2 gelding that I ride, but my best trail horses have been mares,  would go just about any place, I pointed them, but I had them when I was younger, & rode alot more. That all makes a difference.

Pink, I hope you got your hay without any problems,  & no problems with guy on the loose, not a situation anybody would want to get caught in.  PD

19 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

:ph34r::ph34r:Good Wolfie didn't see us dive by as we made our way to the bridge.:ph34r::ph34r:

I think I was distracted cleaning my gun and cleaning off a couple cement blocks....    You know, gotta be ready for unexpected visitors...    :crazy:

9 hours ago, SerahRose said:

My tack shack is gonna be done this week!! I hope! Lol.  

This was supposed to me a summer project w my mom.  She got antsy and started without me....and then my oldest brother was here for the weekend and he took the project and ran with it...

So, it'll be my tack shack, but not my sweat and blood put into building it, it guess.  At least I'm the one who salvaged all the lumber. :P

IMAG2623.jpg

Not an expert on building tack sheds but I would recommend putting on a roof and enclosing the walls or your tack will get wet.  Just a thought.  :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, wolfhaven said:

I think I was distracted cleaning my gun and cleaning off a couple cement blocks....    You know, gotta be ready for unexpected visitors...    :crazy:

Remind me not to drop by for a cold brew......

He cant watch the river, bike path, hiking path & road all at the same time.

17 hours ago, noponies said:

The only direction I got him to go was up. I won't buy a rearing horse ever. I seen my friend almost get crushed to death. Trainer won't touch them either. 

1 hour ago, TigerLilly said:

The only direction I got him to go was up. I won't buy a rearing horse ever. I seen my friend almost get crushed to death. Trainer won't touch them either. 

Yup, that's bad and a whole lot harder to fix. Had you said so........:(

3 hours ago, noponies said:

Yup, that's bad and a whole lot harder to fix. Had you said so........:(

Yes, sorry I left that part out. 

The horse I rode today has a limp unfortunately and lumps on her pastern that is probably related. 

This could be a fun little adventure in horse shopping I can share with you all. Lol

Edited by TigerLilly