Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RailroadWoman

Day Two

21 posts in this topic

Really don't want to go to work.  Would love to just stay home & putz around the house.

The critters are all a mess & are in need of a good brushing.  The ponies look horrendous & Odie rolled in something I don't want to know.  At least t wasn't a dead something because he doesn't smell like death reborn.  Joys of spring.

Highlight of the day is it's paint party night.  Doing a picture be waiting to do for a while.  Should be fun.

Well better get the shoes on & head to work.

Busy day in the office. Was so nice to get out of work early yesterday. Making up for it this morning.

Running to my Mom's here in a minute...she was on the couch yesterday with a migraine - then I went this morning (my dog goes there every day) and she was still on the couch. So not like her. So I am going to go check on her. See if she needs to go to the doctor or hospital or something. Has me worried.

I'm going out to look at a mare today. I know the seller a little bit and she thinks this mare might be a nice fit for me. I'm crossing my fingers. 

4 minutes ago, TigerLilly said:

I'm going out to look at a mare today. I know the seller a little bit and she thinks this mare might be a nice fit for me. I'm crossing my fingers. 

I noticed you mentioned trying out a gelding yesterday. What kind of horse you looking for? (Trail, pleasure, show, etc).

Something suitable for barrels. Doesn't have to be started on barrels just have the potential.Most importantly must be sound. I'm not going to the NFR lol. 

TL, Hope your next test ride go better, mare or gelding doesn't matter, as long as they can do what you want.

Pink I wish you & your mom well, hope it is nothing serious.

RRW,  My horses are a mess also, rode one yesterday, & cleaning him up, first was a job, as he had mud every where, but I think he enjoyed getting cleaned up, as he didn't waste any time rolling in the mud when I was done riding. PD

The Cleveland shooter may be dead. The police just had a chase which ended in the city and the driver shot and killed himself. It is not released if it was him - but it was a white ford fusion...so scary that this person has been in my area the last day.

PD - thank you. I went down and checked on her. She is stubborn and refusing everything. Her only request was for me to vacuum the carpet.

PD, in our paddock you can see clods of hair around the tree where Magoo has been using it for a itch post.  Yesterday came home to find him rubbing his forehead on the edge of the tree stump.  He came over to the fence so I was scratching him on the head.  I don't think I was doing as good of a job like the stump.

I have asked hubby to keep an eye out for a street sweeper roll brush on a auction.  I'd love to mount on in the paddock as Magoo would never leave the auto brush.

Sun is shining. Rain the past two days. We really needed it.

Went to yoga this morning and now laundry and cleaning. It is too wet to do much outside.

Pink, I just heard the Cleveland shooter is dead. Shot himself. Glad he won't harm anyone else.

I'd better get busy.

Danyel, yeah - that's correct. It's all over local news right now. I am glad, too. Scary to think so close to home. At least he cannot harm any others.

Eta - I get to go get my bunny tonight!

Edited by PinkTractor

To bad there are those crazies out there, but good that he can no longer hurt anybody else. We had a guy recently running loose in southern WI. Thankfully he was taken into custody with little resistance. He now faces both state & federal crimes, so I doubt he is back out on the streets anytime soon.

RRW, My one horse is black, but had to check the dirt after he rolled yesterday, to see if there was black hair in the mud, I had to look close, but there was.  Now I better accomplish something.   PD

RRW, that's a good idea! I have seen rubber scratch panels for horses that can be mounted to a wall for sale in ads. My horse would probably scratch himself bald.

Jubal, I have seen the street sweeper brush somewhere back when.  The brushes are hard to come by & sometimes they go for a high price as we have found them a few times on government auction sites.  Id mount it on a piece of rail that is driven in the ground so it wouldn't budge.

Hope the link works:

Image result for street sweeper scratching post

I picked these up at the dollar store, and screwed them to a random post in the middle of the pasture....might be a viable and affordable alternative! 

IMG_20170222_163927.jpg

IMG_20170222_163927.jpg

We have standing dead pine tree that could be covered in brushes.  Heck could screw a bunch on the oak stump.

Thanks for the idea!!!

Day is much better now that have a very cold tap beer in hand.

I must think differently than others. One of my neighbors little goats was killed today. I don't know what happened but could not get in touch with them so I had contacted his sister. She said she would tell them. The little goat's body is still in the pasture. They live right there. Why not take care of it. The sister walked over to it but didn't move it out of the sun. I just feel so sad.