Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Proud Dad

Wet Thurdaday

16 posts in this topic

There was rain the air all day yesterday, it rained a inch & a half over night, been a wet & weird spring, we had warm days in February, now the third week of April & it is still on cool side, In a few places people have mowed their lawns,, & small grain crops are coming up, on the lighter ground, but grass is growing slower than usual, for this time of the year. After all our rain bugs will be out in full force when it does warm up, as it should be.  Later. PD

I wish my yard didn't need mowing. I think today will be the fourth, maybe fifth time. Pasture is knee high too and the horse is trying to dive for tall weeds when I ride. But at least it's not cold. Good Derby weather!

It rained here all night - sure made the grass and front of the barn soaking wet again - it was just drying enough to walk on it and not sink. Supposed to storm again later.

Actually kind of quiet at work today. Thank goodness! Got to run home at lunch and look for some racecar parts then swing by my Mom's and check on her...still super sick. She insists it's the flu. I have no idea.

Been days of ugly weather.  Gale force wind warnings on the lake today.  Snow in Duluth even.  I drove to work...   Tomorrow they're saying sun and 50's.  Go figure.  

Wolf,  Glad I'm not only one having weather that is the pits. So I guess it can only get better, but life is good with out the bugs.

Pink,  I hope your mother will see a doctor, & find out just what is wrong, not easy to be concerned about a parent. best Wishes. PD

Edited by Proud Dad

It must have poured all night. My lawn was dry when I went to bed. Now it's flooded again:( my kids were just starting to be able to play back there with minimal mud. 

Wet here also but will take it as fire danger will stay down, rivers will go up a tad.

If it warms up at all figure about mothers day will be ready to mow the lawn at home.  Our night temps are still dropping but the damp weather makes if feel worse than it really is.

Looks like we're all getting wet! Rained hard this morning. More on the way. They are predicting up to 5 inches tomorrow.

Want to put some more flowers out this weekend. I have an old wheelbarrow I plant every year plus I need one more hanging baskets. Garden is really growing. Thinned the radishes this week.

Guess I need to get busy.

Everyone stay dry!

Rained all day yesterday, but the gauge only said .3" this morning.  Dreary but dry today.  

I've been looking for my next adventure.  I get the wanders too easily! Argh! Why can't I be content in one place? o.O 

That's a good 3 years off, I have to save my pennies. I need to wander soon.  Probably a cheap road trip is in store. 

Take a guide bike tour through the mountains.

I am pooped out.  Couldn't get out of the office till 630 as had some really good leads for groups.  My desktop was such a mess & hate walking in the morning figuring out where to begin in the morning.

When I got home Hubby & Shortman had dinner ready.  They also bought me a bouquet of  daisies.  I love my boys so much!

You could stay on RRW's train!  

Looking forward to my first bikepacking trip in a couple weeks.  3 days of easy riding with a group of people I've never met.  Should be interesting.  Think I have everything.  Need to do a test loading to see how things will fit.  Already planning my second trip.  An overnighter.  Biking about 45 - 50 miles, camp in a state forest campground, get up the next morning and ride a couple miles to an outfitter who'll shuttle me to a canoe landing and I'll paddle back.  About a 6 hour paddle.  Then hop back on the bike and ride home.  Or stay another night.  Not sure yet.  Been researching a good quality inflatable kayak I can carry on my bike with my other gear.  Ride to a river, float/paddle for a day, camp and then ride back.  Not sure, lots of options.  Would love to bike to an outfitter, ride and camp via horseback a night or two and then bike back.  Would also like to.....

You could always ride Wisconsin 35 to the Danbury area then rent a kayak for the Yellow River then ride back home.