Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RailroadWoman

Paint Party Creation for April

11 posts in this topic

Had a great time this month.  Really enjoyed working on the pic & extremely happy with how it turned out.

I let the instructor pic my sky colors.

IMG_20170419_132220.jpg

What have you got against dandelions? They make a great wine. In a salad, they are a great spring tonic. Good for your horse too.

I also like them better in the picture than in my lawn.

Jubal if you have them that bad weed & feed two years in a row with a decent brand & it will be at least two years before they get bad again.  That is what I did.  First year didn't seem to make a difference, second year did good, third year didn't put anything on the lawn.  However you'll find out how much of your yard is weeds.  There are a few big spots that are brown because it was all crab grass.  Also noticed how soft the grass was on bare feet.

Gorgeous!  I love dandelions.  I've had delicious dandelion jelly, soup, and greens.  Never wine, though!

7 hours ago, noponies said:

What have you got against dandelions? They make a great wine. In a salad, they are a great spring tonic. Good for your horse too.

Not so good for my horse--they're high in sugar, but he does love them. I don't like them because they pop up overnight after I spend hours mowing. But I try to remember, the pollinators like them. My favorite lawn nuisance are violets. 

RRW, if I used a weed killer, I'd have nothing green left! 

I'm looking forward to seeing some bright yellow color in the yard.  Been a long brown winter and spring.  

Did see the first night crawlers on the road this morning.  Spring must be here

Cricket, did my best to make the initials look like the seed pods.

This painting will be a hard one to take down as I enjoy having it hung in my kitchen.