Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wolfhaven

Bi-polar weather Friday

11 posts in this topic

After a nasty week of weather it's finally clear out.  Rain, snow, gale wind warnings and cold temps.  Cold still, the sides of the roads were covered in a thin layer of ice.  Clear, bright sliver of a moon, no wind, with a beautiful sunrise.  Supposed to hit near 60 with sun this afternoon!  Can't wait for it to warm up finally.  

Last night Mrs Wolf bought a pool table.  It's being assembled yet.  Kind of bizarre.  Involved a back alley, locked rusty gate into a dungeon with a guy we had to rustle out of a bar...   Deal made, he'll deliver and set up too.  After the support she's given my hobbies there was no way I could hesitate or complain about buying a table.  At least I'll have someplace to set things on...  :crazy:

Tonight a friend is coming up to visit.  We'll head out to dinner tonight.  Tomorrow is the annual bike swap in Duluth and then we'll bike a trail I want to explore and then he's excited to hop in a kayak and paddle for the first time.  

It's cold here but no frost so my plants should be fine. I'm starting to plan my sons 4th birthday party. Time sure does fly when you have little ones. 

Edited by TigerLilly

It is currently 39 degrees here & sunny, & suppose to be sunny over the weekend, got to get my horse out& explore, as there has been a horse running loose in our neighborhood, I'd like to see if I find any signs of it. The work I should do will have to wait.

Wolf,  Sounds like your wife is like mine, is supportive of my interests, even if she doesn't enjoy them herself.  So only fair that we support their interests also.  

TL, How the search for a horse going?    Later. PD

Overcast and cool here but I don't care. It's my day in the city.

Wolf, I envy the pool table. I'd love to have one but the only room big enough is my living room and I can't quite make that leap.

25 minutes ago, Proud Dad said:

It is currently 39 degrees here & sunny, & suppose to be sunny over the weekend, got to get my horse out& explore, as there has been a horse running loose in our neighborhood, I'd like to see if I find any signs of it. The work I should do will have to wait.

Wolf,  Sounds like your wife is like mine, is supportive of my interests, even if she doesn't enjoy them herself.  So only fair that we support their interests also.  

TL, How the search for a horse going?    Later. PD

It's going slow lol. I have seen a handful of horses and none of them have made the cut. I do have a promising lead on a mare. I will be seeing her on Sunday. She is a big girl and has breeding that I am familiar with. If she is sound I would happily take her. I can shoot you a photo. 

TL,  Thanks for sending picture,  I wish you well as you look, sometimes we find a diamond in the rough. Now I should get busy & accomplish something. Later PD

Tiger, are you doing a themed party.  If so you can almost find anything for decor on amazon or oriental trading.  Every year Shortman pic's the theme of the party.  This year it was Green Bay Packer.  Good luck with finding that horse.  It is when you are not looking one will fall into your lap.

It is a beautiful day here.  The sun is a shinning.

Raining cats and dogs here. Thunder is shaking the house! Hope we get enough to help our low ponds. 

I got dressed for the gym but it was raining sideways so I changed my mind. Have some things to do around here so it worked out.

Off to get busy!

3 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

Tiger, are you doing a themed party.  If so you can almost find anything for decor on amazon or oriental trading.  Every year Shortman pic's the theme of the party.  This year it was Green Bay Packer.  Good luck with finding that horse.  It is when you are not looking one will fall into your lap.

It is a beautiful day here.  The sun is a shinning.

We are just going to the park and having a small party. He got a skate board that he has been begging for. Got him all the protective gear too. He is going to be so flipping happy. And I will be a nervous wreck lol.