Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TigerLilly

Freaky Friday

11 posts in this topic

My little guy came down with a stomach bug this morning:( no school for him. Now I am just preparing myself for a house full of sick people for the weekend.

Still have no received a response from the seller of the gelding, but my farrier gave me a thumbs up on him after checking him out yesterday so there's that. Seller wanted to put new shoes on him and a weeks worth of riding. Told him not to gallop him since he won't be getting any galloping for a while once I get him. He is off the track so I think he has had enough galloping for a while. 

Hope the prospect work out for you Tiger.  Sorry about your sick guy & fingers crossed nobody else in the family gets it.

Would so rather be at home.  I sure is nice to be the only one in the house when getting up.  Took my time getting into work.

Off today with a friend coming tonight for dinner and a movie.  We'll probably watch Hidden Figures, which was partially shot in my hometown.

Malibu and Pretty went to the vet today.  Pretty has some sort of allergy going on so I need to be more militant about flea protection and Mallie is showing higher BUN numbers.  Vet says the numbers are reaching an amount where she will probably begin to feel bad (sick).  So, I'm preparing myself and will keep a sharp eye on her.  Both she and Pretty had mild infections in their ears and I was given drops to clear them up.

Sister just called to let me know she was taking our Mother to the ER.  Her blood work showed a rise in Potassium and the last time that happened, her heart gave off enzymes and the Dr. would like her checked at the hospital.  Sis says if the hospital re-check can't get the potassium numbers down, they will probably admit her.

Heidi, sure hope your mom will be ok.

The sun is out.  Then to pop the bubble someone said we are to get 6 inches of snow.  Believe it when I see it.

Been gone all day to MN. State Horse Expo,  Was interesting but good to be home again, doesn't hold quite the appeal that it used to.

TL  I hope your son feel better soon, I remember those well, doesn't seem that long ago, but youngest daughter  will be 39 this year.

Heidi,  I wish your mom well, hard to see our elderly parents have health problems, I turned 70 a month ago, & I used to think that was old, now it is just older.  Best Wishes. PD

Hope your mom is ok Heidi. 

I just got word that the seller of the gelding was not happy with my wanting a vet check complete with lab work. I know this guy had lost his license due to drugging so I wanted to cover my bases. Think I should pass if he is not accepting of a vet check. Grrr... I do have another seller with a paint filly that is more than happy to allow a vet check. 

Edited by TigerLilly

TigerLilly, I'd pass on that one too. Why would you not want a free vet checkup of your horse? Sounds fishy.

TL,    To many good sellers out there, than to mess with one, that causes you to have doubts. The right one will come your way, when you aren't expecting it.   So enjoy the journey.                                                                   Best Wishes. PD

Edited by Proud Dad

Tiger at this point don't push the buying as one will come along.  When we are not looking is when they come along.

The perfect fit wwill come along

Hoping the best for your mom, Heidi. You'll probably feel better if you go, rather than stay home and worry.