Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Proud Dad

The Weekend Again

22 posts in this topic

The sun is out & temp is in 40s, I'll definitely have to get out & enjoy the weather, bugs aren't out in full force yet, so makes life around our place a bit more pleasant.  PD

Sister and Mother got home at 10pm their time, 1am my time.  They wanted to admit her but Mom checked out against medical advice and they spoke with her about end of life decisions.  I think I need to fly out there.

17 minutes ago, Heidi n Q said:

Sister and Mother got home at 10pm their time, 1am my time.  They wanted to admit her but Mom checked out against medical advice and they spoke with her about end of life decisions.  I think I need to fly out there.

I'm sorry to hear this. ((Hugs))

Rain and flash flooding here. It has poured most of the day. Haven't seen rain like this in years. Guess we are out of the drought!

Glad I didn't have to get out in this weather. I have a good book and pot of chili simmering. That's all I need today.

Heidi, sorry about your mother. It is difficult when you don't live close.

Everyone stay dry!!

Danyel,    Sounds like you are really getting hit with bad weather, with all that moisture, I do hope, any sign of drought is gone. I wish you well going forward.

Heidi,  I wish your mother well, has to be hard being so far away, & being concerned about your Mom. 

I mowed my lawn for first time today, got my box stalls cleaned out, & dumped on garden, I dug parsnips from garden for my wife, she likes them, & I can pass on them, they claim parsnip & carrots taste better after being garden all winter.   PD

PD want to come & finish my yard?

All the nice days end up being when I work then the one day home it is krummy out.  Makes it hard to rake the lawn.  Fingers crossed won't have to mow till mother's day.

Danyel good luck drying out.  We are back to moderate fire danger again.

House cleaning is on the agenda for the day.

Rain has finally stopped. There was a flash flood warning issued this morning. They are opening the dams on 2 local lakes. The flooding is expected in those areas. I won't have any problems here. A lot of water rescues yesterday.

I checked on the garden and it looks fine. I was afraid everything would wash away!

Looking forward to a dry day!

1 hour ago, RailroadWoman said:

PD want to come & finish my yard?

RRW,  I do appreciate you asking, but thought of more yard work, makes me tired.  But it was nice of you to ask.

Danyel,  Glad your rain has let up, I feel for those that are dealing with flooding.  Last night my wife was showing me picture off Facebook, of high water where she grew up in Arkansas, so it sounds like a big area was hit by heavy rain, down south.    PD

Danyel be safer

PD at least I don't have flower beds to be weeded. Just raking & if the mower starts it is a zero turn. Being the nice neighbor I'd help.  

RRW,

I'm tired now, just got done with weed wacking the whole yard , plus doing some raking in a couple spots, of course I have a land scaspe rake on tractor, so thaty makes raking quicker & easier, but my lawn is rough from ground moles making all their mounds on it last year, I have a roller that helps some to smooth out the rough spots.  Flower beds could use more attention, but we might just get by with the way they are now.  I originally went back outside to ride my horse, & there was rain in the air, so I got distracted & did something useful. PD

PD you lucked out because the weather changed to not nice here.  Lawn can wait.

Someday I'll get one of those lawn vacuums that go behind the mower.  Hubby doesn't like the coat.  Way I see it one season of lawn service would be the same cost

Rain ruined all racing plans. Ugh. But today was a beautiful day. Husband got me a zero-turn to mow grass quicker. I am still getting used to it. I did giggle a lot doing it though. So grass is cut, he got the garden rotatilled one last time before planting, some things done on the car and just little odd and end things.

Cold coming back in this week..and rain. Husbands birthday is Sunday...got to try and find him a gift. Going to be a busy week.

Anyone here ever do a cruise? My boss is trying to get us to go with them.

I've been on several cruises and really liked them.  3 days is a bit too short - you learn the boat and then you have disembark.  7 days is too long, by the 3rd day you've learned the ship and then you're just going in circles.  5 days is just right for me; you learn the ship, do all you want to do and are done before you're bored.  Wear stretchy clothes, they feed you *very* well.

We have way too much rain in the forecast.  Already under a flood advisory and the rain should continue until Wednesday. My sump is working overtime. 

I'm going to look at a 2 year old paint filly tomorrow. I will also get to see the sire and dam on the property. Got to see a video of her today. Soooo cute and very correct. 

Thanks for tip, Heidi. This cruise he invited us on is 7 days. Docked 3 to do whatever. I want a nice vacation, but not sure that long on a boat...

If you're docked for 3 days .... and as long as the port offers enough activities ashore ..... I think that may make a 7 day cruise do-able, you get to see and do different things that aren't on the boat yet are able to come back to the boat where you are familiar with things.  Maybe consider it?

Pink enjoy the mower.  My zero turn has a stearing wheel & bigger front tires so it can handle a lumpy yard.  Once you get the hang of it you will have the yard mowed in no time.

I can get ours done in an hour.  Doesn't look beautiful like when we take it slow.

Not sure if I'd like to go on a cruise.  More people on the boat than the population of town.

RRW - Oh yeah, many more people then my town, too. Only 600 of us here, lol. But, my boss says you wont even notice all the people on the boat because of how large.

Heidi - I really am considering it. First thing I looked up is horseback riding - and none is offered. Dang. But, they do have deep see fishing that my husband would enjoy.

Weekend was a whirlwind.  Well, mostly yesterday was since the wind was relentless.  Saturday was an early morning.  Skipped hockey and met the SIL for a fishing breakfast/presentation.  Home afterwards to haul a load of carp to the town cleanup dumpsters and then puttered around the garage with my bikes and loading up for my ride next weekend.  Came in just before dark and started moving cabinets and heavy furniture to make room for a billiard table the Mrs bought that was being delivered Sunday.  Somewhere during all that my back decided it was time to quit working.  Sunday was cold and windy all day.  Decided to do a gravel bike ride with a group up the north shore of Lake Superior.  Rode gravel roads through the woods which gave us some relief from the wind at times.  First time riding with these folks.  Beforehand I stood around and mostly listened as they talked about the 100 mile bike races they've signed up for or the races they've recently rode all over the country.  I knew then I might be in trouble trying to keep up.  They all were riding fast gravel road bikes and I brought along a 3" tire mountain bike.  The shop owner was very concerned about dropping me along the route figuring I couldn't keep up.  Was all hill for the first stretch but I managed to keep up and stay middle of the pack.  The way back was tougher heading into the wind but held my own.  Next time I'll ride my gravel bike.  The post ride burger and beer was the best part though.  Talked with the guy from the bike shop up there who i'm riding with next weekend.  Got to check out his bike set up.  Got some good ideas for the future but I'm pretty happy with how mine is set up.