Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PinkTractor

May Day. How?

29 posts in this topic

How can we be in the fifth month of the year already? Where has time gone?

Stormy and crappy here today. Just sitting at work getting ready to go extremely busy once my other coworker gets in. First day of a new month always blows by with invoicing to all my vendors.

Happy May, y'all.

Pink,   I was thinking the same thing,  hard to believe that May is already here.  We had a inch of rain over night, but was just watching some videos of flooding southern  Missouri, in  the Branson area, my wife grew up about 50 miles south of Branson  MO. in Ark. I feel for those across the country that have been hit by rotten weather. Flooding or the tornadoes that hit east Texas.   Best Wishes. PD

Very wet here today. Hope my beans do not rot in the garden. Really need to mow the lawn but I do not see that happening. My back yard is looking more like a swamp. I should have planted cat tails instead of grass:(

TL,    How is the horse shopping going?   Hope it is going well   PD

Its dry here at the moment but the clouds are starting to roll in again. At least we had a dry weekend. Went to my cousins daughters softball game Saturday morning then got a bunch of stuff done around my place on Saturday. Yesterday after church went over to a friends farm to help her out. Got home and got my laundry going and finally had dinner at 9 pm. I am beat, so not ready for Monday again so fast. Going to be a long day. Hope everyone has a great day!

21 1/2 days left of school.  I swear my son will try anything at this point to not go to school.  Heck he asked about being home school with some program.  Asked him where he learned about that & stated he'd seen a commercial. 

It is a totally yuck day here with rain, hail and touch of snow.  As for the months flying by does it have to do with us just getting older & we move slower.  Or technology has just helped move things along faster?

It was a beautiful weekend here! We got a bunch of yard work done, and now I have sore muscles and a sunburn, lol. Work is a bit slow for me today, but that's fine by me. After work I'll do some more yard work. We are catching up on at least 3 years of neglect on a huge place.

PD, my home town and surrounding areas have really been hit hard by the flooding. The river at Doniphan crested at 5 foot higher than the all time record! It went OVER the bridge. I'm from Poplar Bluff and my sister in law just posted on Facebook that they have been evacuated from southside. They live very near Black River (that flows through town). In Van Buren there is a motel right on Current River that may go down the river before the flood is done! It has water in all of the lower rooms and my son told me that they are worried that the foundation is going to give way and it will be swept downriver!

Bad, bad flooding.

Wet and rainy here today.  I got out to the barn to care for the ponies before it started coming down, though.  The horses were sure feeling the cooler air and were frisking all around.  Monday's are always super-busy at the library because we have to process all of the holds placed over the weekend.  I'm looking forward to keeping busy today.  Repairmen are coming tomorrow morning to start fixing the water damage from the upstairs bathroom pipe.  I'm glad that will be done soon and I can have my house (entry and dining room) back.

Sun is shining today. The flooding is starting to recede in some areas and getting worse in others. I drove to town this morning and a lot of the fields look like lakes. 

I won't be doing any yard  work for a few days. I need to stake the tomato plants and clean the mess off the porch. 

Off to get laundry started.

Well, my Monday has consisted of playing this new word game I found. I can't do my first of the month stuff until it gets passed down to me to complete...and well, that'll be awhile. So, while I wait, I'll be using my brain trying to beat my highscore...lol.

2 hours ago, Proud Dad said:

TL,    How is the horse shopping going?   Hope it is going well   PD

Oh I am going to Grand Rapids today to look at a 2 year old paint filly. So far I like her. The only down side I see are 4 white feet, but they are good sized feet for her size so far. She is 14.2 and reining bred but I think she will end up being too big to be a reining horse as they like them short. That's ok with me, we can still give a basic reining foundation before starting barrels lightly next year. All I have is a photo of her as a yearling and a video of her yesterday. You can see in the video she still has some filling out to do. She is still slightly toeing out yet but has good symmetry so I'm not concerned about it. I would say she has a medium build. Both of her parents are on the property and they both have a medium build as well. 

^^^ No, and what do you mean by the yard is covered?

Heidi, how is your mom?

1 hour ago, TigerLilly said:

Is anyone else's yard covered in sodium polyacrylate?

20170501_115059.jpg

Did someone diaper your lawn?

Im not totally sure what is going on but hat stuff is also over the place. We put seed and fertilizer down last week. Wonder if it has anytime to do with that. 

Happy May Day!

Been without power since before 10am

But sure is pretty out!

IMG_20170501_114623.jpg

Serah, that is a great pic with how you have the snow & greenery from the trees.  Like something created in a studio.

1 hour ago, SerahRose said:

Happy May Day!

Been without power since before 10am

But sure is pretty out!

IMG_20170501_114623.jpg

Suitable for framing......very nice picture.

Had to run to DRs Appointment this AM, by the time we left it was sleeting & snowing out, has since changed to light rain. Don't need any more moisture for a couple days. But right now it is barely 40 degrees out.

TL,  Saw picture of filly, nice color to her, I hope everything else is as nice.  I wish you well.

Serah,   Like the picture, Very Neat.   but that white stuff on May 1st is the pitts. PD

Long time since i posted on here hi everyone:smileywavey:. Going good weather today is rainy windy & cold horses are in the barn today they were shaking. Made the toughest decision i've ever made. Will be saying goodbye to my old girl on friday may 12th she's declining so it's time before she suffers. Appt is at 2.30 pm not sure how her buddy will handle losing her, hopefully he's ok. Till then i'll spoil her and love on her. Will be a sad day for sure 27 years she's been with me.:mecry:

Sounds like everyone has been busy, SerahRose great picture.

Jazzy hugs to you.  Sad to have our beloved critters go.  She will always be working the you.

So sorry, Jazz.  It may be easy to make the right choice for them but it will always be hardest on us who have loved them.

I'll be calling tonight.  Mom was doing okay when I last spoke with her but I am making plans right now to fly out for a visit when her brother will be there, too.

Boring workday here. Started in February and they still haven't gotten me login information for my email(thankfully). Enjoying probably my last week of that before they realize why I have been so quiet. Haha! 

I cant believe these 2 have already hit and passed 5 months old. Duke has his neuter scheduled already. I'm a little apprehensive of doing it quite this early, but I want him to start going to doggy daycare once a week for socializing and they have to be altered before they can go. IMG_2509.thumb.JPG.64fadc208968abd76aae5f342f1b96f8.JPGIMG_2508.thumb.JPG.ae5a73965ffe41485ff648ab72aee199.JPG

Horsecrazy you little one is so cute.  That head of hair!!!!!!

As for your pup I've had them fixed at 8-10 weeks with no problem.  Now my George wasn't snipped till 2 as you would never have known he was intact.  Every dog is a different.  Your GSD is sure handsome.  

Yeah!  The hair on your little one is total rockabilly!

Jazzy,    I wish you well as you prepare to put down your old horse, it is never easy, but these decisions rarely are. Just know I wish you well   Best Wishes. PD

Thank for the well wish's PD and everyone else,hard to do but i know it's the right decision. As i watch her struggle with day to day things i'm kinda at peace with my decision.I always said i wouldn't keep her alive for my selfish reasons. Would love to have her longer but that wouldn't be fair to her,she's 30 years old and has had a good long happy life.

Beautiful day sun is shining so things can dry up lots of puddles and corrals are a sloppy mess. Got stalls to clean this morning and need to get outside to feed & turnout the horses. Daughter and i should be able to go trail riding today it's not pouring rain,got my housework done yesterday so i'm good to go. Hubby needs to get lawn mowers ready for the mowing season. Grass will need mowing here pretty soon as it's really starting to grow now. 

Horsecrazy, your baby is adorable enjoy her while still in that baby stage. Love the hair. Your puppy will do fine with being neutered, had my now ten year old dog elliot neutered when he was 4 months old he did fine with it.