Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RailroadWoman

Just A Tuesday

13 posts in this topic

Well day started out ok till got into work.  It was so bad hubby sent me home & cool off.

So I fixed the electric fence, took ponies out for a brushing then into the round pen for grass & brushed matts out of Fuzzy the barn cat.

Can tell Magoo isn't so fat as he can now roll back & forth rather than be stuck on one side.  He was wiggle worming so long that he was making monkey faces.  Apparently he was happy.

It is cold! The rain stopped for a bit so I tossed the horses out. Sure is windy though. Got to run to the dollar store here in a bit, need a few essentials. Other than that, quiet night.

Cold and windy here. Ready for a nap. Thank goodness I'm off tomorrow 

It's cold and rainy here. Tee ball was cancelled:(

Looked at the filly yesterday. She unfortunately did not have what I was looking for. She seemed a bit fragile mentally and aggressive. The first thing she did was reach out to bite me lol. Charged me three times like bully stud with no respect would. Maybe it's was her youth, maybe not. I looked at a few of his other colts of the same age and they were all very nice and expensive lol. 

But there is good news. I ran into a lady a few months back at a barrel race that used to own my mare. She really liked my mare but she knew she wasn't sound "long story". She just to advertised a gelding for sale and I contacted her about him. She said he rides a lot like my mare "without the bad issues". He is a 4 year old black rabicano and has a very nice start on him. She sent me loads of videos of him working at various locations. He has been hauled but not ran all winter. He is ready to runB)

4 hours ago, TigerLilly said:

It's cold and rainy here. Tee ball was cancelled:(

Looked at the filly yesterday. She unfortunately did not have what I was looking for. She seemed a bit fragile mentally and aggressive. The first thing she did was reach out to bite me lol. Charged me three times like bully stud with no respect would. Maybe it's was her youth, maybe not. I looked at a few of his other colts of the same age and they were all very nice and expensive lol. 

But there is good news. I ran into a lady a few months back at a barrel race that used to own my mare. She really liked my mare but she knew she wasn't sound "long story". She just to advertised a gelding for sale and I contacted her about him. She said he rides a lot like my mare "without the bad issues". He is a 4 year old black rabicano and has a very nice start on him. She sent me loads of videos of him working at various locations. He has been hauled but not ran all winter. He is ready to runB)

The gelding sounds worth looking at. Good luck!

Sounds like this one may be right up your alley!

Loooooong day today.  Had workers coming to repair the water damaged ceiling so I had to get up before they got here to put the cats up.  They arrived 45min *after* they said they would.  Grrrr.  I don't go to bed at a normal time so getting up early to accommodate normal schedules is difficult for me.  I got about 3.5hrs sleep before I had to get up for them.  Of course I needed to stay up while they worked, though it didn't take very long for them to patch the ceiling.  I had to get ready for work, 12-7, and having such little sleep made the day drag for me.  Luckily, my coworkers and my job are amazing and it wasn't too difficult.  I still enjoyed my time at work.

Workers are coming again tomorrow to stipple the ceiling and paint the walls and baseboard trim.  The repair company will have to get another company out to refinish the wood floor.  I just want my house back and to stop waiting on repair scheduling....

Just got back from looking at that gelding.  He rides nice and never took a miss step. Upon closer inspection I noticed on both knees some small amounts of fluid towards the outside of each knee. So it's was the same on both sides. I pushed it and got no response from the horse. When pushed it in and then let go it filled back up with fluid on either side. It's hardly noticeable at all except when you look at the knee from an angle and it just looks like a very slight lump. I don't even think the owners noticed it until we brought it to their attention. 

But I am a bit gun shy now so I think I will have to pass. I still have the off the track gelding to consider as well. He looks totally sound and moves sound and is actually a bit calmer under saddle than the horse I rode today. In fact the owner said I can come back anytime to ride him and mess with him. So I think I will do that tomorrow. 

^^^I have one of those on my knee! The doctor says if it doesn't hurt, it's best to leave it alone. Ask the horse if it hurts.

Uugh, this day. Woke up freezing in a sweat soaked bed at 3am with belly pain that makes you sit on the potty and hold something to puke in at the same time. Went back to bed and it was time to get right back up for work. 

I'm in an "ugh, why is it only Tuesday?!" mood.  It's been a long week already!  

TL....I got a PintoThing I'll sell ya, cheap!  I'm tired of her picking on my old lady.  Mosely wouldn't be sad to see her go! Lol

I'm trying to get done with work early so I can leave, but there's an event here and people walking around being obnoxious .  If you didn't want to actually sit and watch the awards, why did you bother coming? Get outta my halls.  Grumpy janitor. :P

Made it through the day by the skin of my teeth. What a crappy day! Im glad I have the next 3 days off. Im exhausted! 

It was nice out today, a little cool, but nice. I want it in the 70s. Got the lawn mowed and rode for an hour so productive day.