Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PaintedWishes

Sunny Wednesday!! Finally.....

14 posts in this topic

Finally woke up to sun this morning! And it is even supposed to be a warm day too! WWoohhooo!! I am so over all the endless rain and mud. Getting ready to head into work here in the little bit as soon as the coffee is done brewing. My horse turns 23 today. You can't tell he is a senior horse, lots of spunk and definitely don't act like one. I've owned him about 16  1/2 years now. 

PW,   Glad you have some sun this AM, it just gets a persons day off to a better start,  I woke up to sunshine also, now I think I should take my horse for a short ride, he does like walking in mud, & we have plenty of that around on most trails.  Sixteen  years is a long time to have a horse, glad he has had a great home for so many years. My oldest horse I have now is 25, & no longer sound, but I keep her around, as she is my 25 year old red head, I can hug on daily, & not get in trouble with my wife.  I just love a play on words. PD

It was a little windy this morning and, a little cool, but, it's sunny!

Happy birthday, PW's horse, sorry, I don't think I know his name, it might have been mentioned, but......my mare will be 9 the end of the month, I've had her since she was 5 months.

Well, everyon have a great day!

We have sun!!!!  Supposed to be nice out for the rest of the week.  Lined up some hay & will probably get it tomorrow.  If I like what they have I'll order my years worth from them as it sounds like the farmer is looking for regular clients.  Plus side they might be only about 12 miles from us.  So makes it easier to haul.

More rain this morning. We are to warm up and get back to sunny weather. 

My yard needs mowed desperately! Hopefully this weekend it will be dry enough.

I worked in the garden yesterday. The pepper plants look sick. I think they need some sun and warmth! Tomatoes seem to be thriving. All are blooming.

Staying in today. Trying to get the energy to finish cleaning. I hate housework. I would rather be outside.

34 minutes ago, RailroadWoman said:

We have sun!!!!  Supposed to be nice out for the rest of the week.  Lined up some hay & will probably get it tomorrow.  If I like what they have I'll order my years worth from them as it sounds like the farmer is looking for regular clients.  Plus side they might be only about 12 miles from us.  So makes it easier to haul.

The hay I have to get Saturday, is an hour and a half away, maybe a little more.

We've had gorgeous weather after Monday's snow.  Rain in the early morning, sun and 70s the rest of the day.  

Made a saddle pad hanger today out of old ladder rungs and twine...I love it! Gonna make another for coolers/blankets.  Probably will have to use paracord or something stronger than twine, though, as even the pad hanger got pretty heavy. 

IMAG2713.jpg

Yay for sun! Happy Birthday to your horse PD. Do you still ride him? My daughter has an old guy. Cash was a rescue, we found out quite by accident that he loved cows. My roper nephew got on him and discovered he was a seasoned heel horse. He has some serious anxiety issues and is a hard keeper, but my daughter loves him and will do anything to keep him healthy.

PDI kind of love having a retired horse, there's no guilt associated with the fact you don't ride them. 

RailroadWomanmy husband drives the tractor across the road and picks up a round bale from the hay grower across the road. He's got the best quality horse hay in the county and its barn kept.

DanyelI HATE housework too and it's being neglected because the weather has been so nice. 

Jubal - thanks! I need to find one of his laughing pics and re-share them.

Equicrzy - His name is Keno, like the lottery ticket. I bought him from a family member that had to move due to work.

Danyel - I am the same way, I would much rather be outside doing almost anything than being inside doing housework.

Serah - Awsome saddle pad rack idea! I need to figure out something different for mine.

Grimmie - I do still ride him. I mainly trail ride now. I have shown him in the past in western, english, trail, halter, and showmanship. I have also done some jumping and cutting with him too. I do jump still as he loves it. He loves doing trail obstacles as well. There is a park not to far from me that  put in some really cool obstacles to ride. He is very cowy and loves to work cattle. I have done cutting on him in the past when I had cows. I don't have any now so its been a while. I would like to do that again though. He loves it and it is super fun. He gets really low and really gets into it. 

19 hours ago, SerahRose said:

We've had gorgeous weather after Monday's snow.  Rain in the early morning, sun and 70s the rest of the day.  

Made a saddle pad hanger today out of old ladder rungs and twine...I love it! Gonna make another for coolers/blankets.  Probably will have to use paracord or something stronger than twine, though, as even the pad hanger got pretty heavy. 

IMAG2713.jpg

Serah, a friend made one for her blankets and she used a really small link chain that you can get at a hardware or big box store and fat dowels. I guess you could use old wooden broom handles. I always seem to have two or three worn out barn brooms. I've been meaning (for years) to make one for saddle blankets.

I bought some cheap paracord at Wally world this morning.  I don't think it'll break.  I do like that chain link stuff tho, never thought of that.  Probably costs more than $1 for 50' tho.  

I had the ladder rungs leftover from a salvage project, so it was convenient!  I initially was going to buy pvc but then remembered the rungs in the lumber pile, and the fact I actually knew how to use the drill press without asking for help, I figured I could surprise the folks with my ingenuity. :P

I love your pad hanger because it is useful AND it was recycling!