Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
noponies

Cinco de Mayo

13 posts in this topic

Yes, already. My how time flies. Looks like a nice day, so far.

It is a nice day, so far.

What screwy weather, though, in Phoenix today, 105° for a high, by Sunday, 71 and, low 70's into Monday and Tuesday.

I'm not gonna complain, though, because, I leave Monday for Arizona, not Phoenix, but, where I'm going is pretty much the same, temperature wise.

Anyone planning any festivities for today/weekend?

Our festivity for the weekend is early tomorrow morning we fly out east to see the very last show of Ringling Bros performance of one troop.  We also have reservations to ride two difference excursion trains.  Made hubby buy us dome car seats so we can enjoy our ride.  Could have had the observation can at one but we have been there done that with other excursions & it is not enjoyable.  

So yesterday after work we were busy putting up hay in the barn.  Then I mowed because if left the yard would be a mess.  This morning got up early to get all the critter ready for the sitter.  Course we were late getting to school because had to pack.  Yup.....& please remind me why we like going on vacation no matter how short or long it is?

Equi, we had beautiful weather yesterday & today.  Like your area our temps are to drop into the mid 50's tomorrow with night lows in the 30's.  It is crazy getting these teaser days but we are yet into June.  Heck we have had snow flurries in June past years.  

RRW... I remember snow in June, too, I think it was 2008.

Vacations, no matter how short, are cherished! Lol.....the couple times a year, I go to Arizona, are sooo looked forward to. It may sound strange, but, I love my time alone, my husband can't really travel much, because of his back, he doesn't enjoy traveling anyway, so, I go alone. My sister and I, are planning a meet-up in Arizona soon, something we're trying to do once a year, she's in California, and we figure a good meeting place is Arizona, I know the area well, having lived there and, she has a list of things she wants to do. Plus, my son lives there.

Equi  sometimes it is fun to vaca in a town you have been to already.  Takes the pressure off from having to find something.  You already know your favorite spots & it allows you to enjoy your time that much more.

We enjoy playing tourist for friends new to the area.  Show them around but at the same time we get to enjoy it all over again.

In the 22 yrs of being in NW WI I can recall about 3-4 times we has flurries in June.  Would stick but there were flurries.  Now growing up in the twin ports many times you still had some ice on the lake late June.  Those years made for very cool summers especially when the wind came off the lake. 

We're supposed to get flurries this weekend. It's been raining the last week with the exception of Wednesday. My stalls are horrid and I feel awful - but I can't do anything about it until tomorrow when I can strip them. With the rain, every race track canceled for the second week in a row. Good because it saves us money - but bad because I really want to go racing!

Sunday is DH's birthday. So I got him a gift and plan on taking him out to dinner tomorrow night. I've been looking at restaurants we never been to and I found one that someone at work told me about. Reviews are either really good or really bad - no in between. For the price, not sure I want to risk a 50/50 meal. Still trying to find somewhere that I think would be nice and different. Heck, I doubt if I plan this we would even make it out - he always has other plans. We'll see.

As for vacation - sigh...Tossed up the idea of a cruise - DH cannot get off work. So then I said dirt track nationals in NC - DH doesn't think he can get off work. So, going to do boot camp, get my fat horse in shape - take the week off and do the fair like I used to do growing up.

I'm sitting here wondering which direction to go. It seems like I have too many little projects started and not finished.

I had to run errands this morning and got almost home when I realized I forgot something so I made a U turn and went back. Came home and mow the front plus weedeated . I painted corner shelves and a small table on the porch.

I may just stop working today and start fresh tomorrow.

RR, enjoy you trip to the circus. I've never been to one but a couple years ago I followed the circus into town and watched them unload the elephants and tigers.

Everyone have a great weekend!

Dressage clinic this weekend...I wasn't going to do it because I don't trust my truck to haul anymore, but one of my neighbors who also attends the clinics said they'd haul me.  So yesterday I asked what time they thought they wanted to come pick up my steed....and they'd totally forgotten they were going to haul and had already taken their horse over.  Of course they offered to come back, but I'm not going to make them drive all the way back and forth again, so I guess I'll be hauling myself.  Not looking forward to it (I'm excellent at hauling, just don't trust the truck) but I'm sure we'll be fine.  

Gorgeous weather this entire week, I'm looooving it!

Ramblin, is this video from your clinic?  Is that you at the 30 second mark?

Edited by wolfhaven

What.the.heck did I just watch?????? That was hilarious!