Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RailroadWoman

Get Away Weekend

17 posts in this topic

So we are away.  Go halfway across the country to land in the same weather as home.  The plane was going directly from Boston to Ft Lauderdale & if you had a pass you didn't have to get off.  I asked hubby where our Florida pass was.

RRW,   Have great trip, & enjoy yourselves.             Best Wishes. PD

Well at least we are going on a train ride so will be out of the elements.

If you're ever in Conway NH eat at the Lobster Tab.  Had the broiled combo player & no words can express the yummy ness.  

Oh & just because we drove into Maine & bought a fridge magnet to show we were there.

Hope you had a great trip! The north east is gorgeous, I really need to vacation to Maine soon. 

I hope your get away weekend was a good one, & you come back refreshed to hit the road running on Monday. Best Wishes. PD

Ridding the dome car as a family in Conway NH.  What a beautiful ride

IMG_20170508_081404.jpg

Hello??? How does this thing work I can't take a picture with it.

IMG_20170508_081314.jpg

At the circus.  It was a wonderful show but very hard to hold back the tears.  Was a very sad day last night.

IMG_20170508_081156.jpg

RRW, Those are neat pictures, but riding that dome car had to be awesome.    Thanks for sharing. Best Wishes. PD

Your going to have to find a new name for Shortman! Glad you all had fun.

We had the day to find something to do before flying out.  So we went to Tha Sam Adams original brewery for a tour & git to have samples.  It was God but not as good as beer from the land of beer & cheese.  Hubby had me pour from the sample pitchers because the girl can pour a beer with very little head.  Sorry I am not waisting glass volume on head.

Then we found a seafood place that has 4 stars.

Pic from the restaurant

IMG_20170508_154604.jpg

Edited by RailroadWoman

Jubal he will always be my Shortman.  People ask if he is in 2nd or 3rd grade.  He sprouted 3 inches the past year.

Looks like it was indeed a lovely getaway! 

Sam Adams is ok, but there are definitely some much better brews out there. 

It is very sad to see the circus ending. I went so many times as a kid and have some great memories, I wish I could make those same memories with my kids. I'm a bit envious that you got to go see them one last time. 

That dome car looks like it would be awesome to ride in. Very neat. I would love to do it when the fall foliage is in. 

I loved the family picture!  To hear about your emotional response to the circus made me tear up a bit, too.  

Horsecrazy. This was a good time to for as the trees weren't fully leafed out.  You wouldn't see much if they were.

In two weeks we see the other troops last performance.  Overheard a woman say she went to Ringling Brothers for 20yrs with her husband.  This was the last show she just had to see but went with her son as her husband ppassed away.

Hubby did manage to find the circus train.  As many cars as possible were sold then getting moved to their new homes.  We were going to put in a bid in fact hubby went to inspect the equipment.  However he came to his senses & passed it up.  There is more than enough already for us to do.