Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PaintedWishes

Thursday.....

10 posts in this topic

Good morning everyone! The week has been super busy and it seems to of flown by. We had sun the last couple days so tried to get out in it as much as I could. Supposed to be back to rain today. Clouds are already rolling in. Boooo... I'm hoping the forecast for the weekend is wrong and it is dry. I wanna get out and get some more landscaping in the yard done and plant the trees I bought. Getting ready to head off to work here in a few min. Just waiting for the coffee to finish brewing. Hope everyone has a great day!

Having one of those weeks as well.  Busy at work and afterwards.  Paddling board meeting one night and tonight is a bike event in Duluth.  Good chance to talk some biking with some new faces.  At least the weather has been great all week and should be this way for several more days.

Last weekend I completed my 3 day bikepacking trip.  Awesome time with some really great people.  8 of us; three from Kansas, two from Chicago and two others from here.  I had only met one briefly before the weekend.  Weather was great outside of a little rain Friday night.  Rode a little blacktop, dirt and gravel roads for most of it with some added atv trails and some single track mountain bike trail.  Some very challenging areas with rock and mud holes but they just made it more fun.  Hills, lots of hills and more hills.  Used every gear multiple times but never had to push so that's a plus.  The couple from Chicago rode a tandem bike.  That was amazing to watch.  They worked so well together and the toughest sections were easy for them.  Incredible.  They race a lot of long distance gravel races on this bike too.  Learned a lot and can't wait to get out and do more.  

Looks like spring is finally here.  Trees are starting to leaf out and I may be mowing the yard for the first time this.  

The water damage is finally getting fixed and I'm a happy camper.  The floor looks terrific and tomorrow they are coming out to do the last bit, which is the baseboard and shoe molding.  Busy day tomorrow as I need to get a round bale, take my 2 oldest cats to the vet for a recheck and in the early afternoon the last repairs will be done.  I work this weekend so that will keep me busy. 

The upper floor was a clear coat over non-stained light wood that had really worn away.  Oak, maybe?  Anyhow, I felt the color was too light and wanted it to transition easier into the living room floor.

Image may contain: indoor

It's nice out. Got the kids outside playing. Grandpa showed up by surprise, that was a nice visit. He is always happy to see the kids. The farrier comes tonight and I will ride after that. The gelding is riding really well. You would never think he is 3 years old. Very quiet boy. He has only slightly spooked twice and each time he manages to catch himself and not overreact. Nothing phases him. He will definitely be kid friendly one day. 

Pretty floors, Heidi, either way.

Good that your horse is working out, TL.

Wolf, your posts about your bike rides always make me tired just thinking about it.

Painted, I know you're just itching to work on your new place. Especially after all the rain.

My accomplishments for the day, besides regular chores, are taking the vent covers off the crawl space vents. That always creeps me out. Then I took the pile of limbs  that has been on the driveway for a month, along with all the yard waste from thinning plants to the recycle center. That's it for me. Don't want to overdo it.

Edited by jubal

Watching the weather here. We're under tornado warnings this afternoon. It's dark and the wind is blowing hard. I have my hiding place ready and my helmet out!

Heidi, your flooring looks great. I have hardwood floors under the carpet. I would love to take all the carpet out and refinish the floors.

Looks like the worst of the storms are missing us! Just getting rain now.

Everyone have a great evening!

Scary! Stay safe with your bad weather. 

Wolf- sounds like a great trip. 

Heidi - pretty floors. Glad to hear all your repairs are coming along. 

Tiger - congrats on the new horse, sounds like a great one. 

It's been dumping rain here most of the day. Rained so hard on the drive in that I could barely see the road at one point. 

Took my wife shopping this morning, we have a number of green houses in our area, most run bu Mennonites, it also involved a bit of a road trip, & eating out of course.  I got by for just over $50.00, so I thought I got by fairly reasonable. But this is just a start buying flowers & vegetables plants. We both needed to get out of the house, & she rarely says no, to going shopping, She does nice work putting hanging baskets together, so might have to replace some baskets & no doubt needs more potting soil. Have a good day all.  PD

You got off light, PD. I can't get out of my favorite nursery for less than $100. That's why I only allow myself to go there once a year. 

5 hours ago, jubal said:

You got off light, PD. I can't get out of my favorite nursery for less than $100. That's why I only allow myself to go there once a year. 

jubal,  This was a test run, wants to go again tomorrow, I had to run to town & get more money.  PD