Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PaintedWishes

Friday.....

12 posts in this topic

Good morning all! Another super rainy day here. My weather app shows we are supposed to get some thunderstorms today. Booo... I want more sun again. I'm itching to get back to work on my yard again, Was making lots of progress. I need to take more pics to show how things are going.  Just got the tiller ready to till up the garden too. Getting ready to head into work today. So glad its Friday. Hope everyone has a great day!

Already put in a good 2hrs & the day has just started.  Yay....Me!!!

Hope you all have fun plans for the weekend.  Those who are getting rain we will take some as we are at very high fire danger.  Needless to say it isn't stopping the grass from growing.  I mowed last night & hubby trimmed.  There was no way my back would let me handle the weed trimmer that thing gets heavy & it doesn't have a shoulder strap.  Will have to say my yard is looking really good.

Oh & believe it or not Odie managed to get his first kill ever.  That fart caught a cotton tail:twitch:  Never thought he would ever catch anything for as big as he is.

Long weekend ahead. Hauling in for coggins and vaccines. My son and daughter are sick and probably will be all weekend. Both of them are needing their inhalers but no fever so it's just a cold or allergies. 

Was going to go look at some more plants to put in the garden today and get the kids out for fresh air. Horse has the day off and we will be back at it for the weekend. 

Edited by TigerLilly

Picked up a round bale and am waiting on some help to get it off the truck and into the manger.  Took the two oldest kitties to the vet for a re-check and it appears FLEAS are the issue for the sores/scabs around Pretty's neck.  I treated everyone on Wednesday so the vet found no live or dead ones on them but I need to find a product to treat the house, something with a growth inhibitor to prevent eggs from hatching.  I work this weekend at the library so my weekend activities will revolve around that.  However, I *did* jump in the pool last night and swam for about 30min.  Supposed to storm this afternoon so will probably pass on the pool today. Besides, I am supposed to have contractors here today to finish up the baseboards.

Uugh, Im so over the rain! All this cold and rain has me crocheting a blanket lol!

Went out to Red Lobster for dinner last night to celebrate a friends birthday. Had a good time, the waitress was fantastic, but my crablegs were awful. I ate them anyway and had THE BEST sangria, man I couldve drank that all night, it was delicious! 

Nothing exciting today, just watching tv, the rain, crocheting and snuggling with the pups. 

20170512_185055.jpg

Pretty colors Queen. But won't it be "air conditioned" with the holes?

8 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

Already put in a good 2hrs & the day has just started.  Yay....Me!!!

Hope you all have fun plans for the weekend.  Those who are getting rain we will take some as we are at very high fire danger.  Needless to say it isn't stopping the grass from growing.  I mowed last night & hubby trimmed.  There was no way my back would let me handle the weed trimmer that thing gets heavy & it doesn't have a shoulder strap.  Will have to say my yard is looking really good.

Oh & believe it or not Odie managed to get his first kill ever.  That fart caught a cotton tail:twitch:  Never thought he would ever catch anything for as big as he is.

Even fat boys get lucky sometimes....

24 minutes ago, jubal said:

Pretty colors Queen. But won't it be "air conditioned" with the holes?

Its actually pretty warm, all holes considered lol. Its called the "virus" stitch. 

Knocked off work 4 hours early and went home to ride.  Got all tacked up and the neighbour kids came over and started running around and kicking balls and getting in the way of what was going to be a training session...it was super annoying.  Eventually I gave up trying my best to stay out of their way (in MY yard....) and rode out to the pond and down the road.  

IMG_20170512_193530.jpg

Her saddle pad was hot pink, he browband is pink and grey....

See?

IMG_20170512_151526.jpg