Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Proud Dad

Mom's Day Weekend

12 posts in this topic

My wife has spent last two days, going to green houses for flowers & vegetable plants. But I suppose I should save some money & take her out for breakfast tomorrow morning. Several places in the area, having special tomorrow.  Later.  PD

PD, you'll find a nice little spot for breakfast tomorrow.  It is supposed to be nice out would make for a nice drive on the back roads.

We are having Mother's Day lunch train.  Have alot of work to do to get ready for tomorrow.

I finally got to ride this morning. I had to work hard to convince Jubal that yes he did have to do more than walk. After he woke up, we both had a good workout.

jubal,  I took time to ride this AM also, but I have the opposite problem , my twh gelding likes to step out way to fast for my taste, & today we worked on him walking more like a quarter horse.  I wanted him to be more relaxed, & he was by the time I got done riding him, Now we are going to town for some more garden supplies. No doubt Mozelle will looking for a steal of a deal, if so we might not make it home till morning!!!  PD

Edited by Proud Dad

PD, hope Mozelle's breakfast out was special. I can tell you, my idea of a special date would be breakfast out and several hours in a plant nursery.

RailroadWoman, the Mother's Day lunch train sounds like fun. We love to do the Texas State Railroad Polar Express at Christmas and I've always wanted to go on the other excursions they offer throughout the year. It's on my bucket list.

We're having a quiet day at home. We'll celebrate Mothers Day next weekend since our son is working his rotation in West Texas. Nothing can dampen my spirit though, knowing we have a new grand child on the way early next year. Oh and...tomorrow we celebrate 41 years of marriage. I am extremely grateful and privileged to have my hubby here to celebrate. We could have lost him after his transplant in 2015 but he's here and he's healthy and we are living the good life and treasuring every second.

H:smileywavey:ello Jubal!

Hope everyone has a Blessed day.

QH,    We had a good breakfast at a new place we had only been at once before, followed by a trip to Wal-Mart for more flowers to pot. So I've come to believe that shopping is good therapy after major surgery.  Glad you have a new grandchild to look forward to in the coming New Year.  & Congratulations on your up coming 42nd anniversary,  I'm sure it is very special after almost loosing Paul 2 years ago.  But where do the years go??  I can still remember being young, but it seems like it was a long time ago. 

RRW I hope your Mothers Day Lunch train went off without a hitch. Can't imagine the work that went into it.

jubal, Hope you had a good day.  Best Wishes. PD

Well, I'm not a mother so I made my own breakfast--scrambled eggs and fake sausage. I rode the horse and we had the lazy discussion again. So I let him do his gonzo dressage routine and he woke up. He loves trotting a half pass. But it's kind of a half-a** half pass. He thinks he's special when he does it. :P

I'm going to ook for an excursion train in KY. Sounds like a fun thing to do.

I've had a great Mother's Day. Oldest son sent flowers. The bouquet has lavender color roses. So pretty. We went to lunch and now I'm stuffed! Can't ask for a better day.

Hope all you mother's had a special day. 

Happy Mom's Day!!!

We had about 54 guests today.  Was a nice number for the amount of staff we had.  Chef Paul did fantastic job on making veggie lasagna & beef tenders.  Portions were huge & plates were licked clean.  However in true fashion we had the rolls in the warmer but forgot to get them on the plates.

Had a really nice group of people.

Now we are on our way for a DQ Mom's dinner.  Hot dog & ice cream.

Worked today, got bashed on Facebook again....it just continues. Ugh, lord.

It was so pretty outside today, wish I hadve been home riding Sonic, but Im off tomorrow. Might go look at a western saddle a guy I know has for sale. Not sure if I should go ahead and buy it (well used, leather needs conditioning (but not important leather like fenders) theres a big scuff on the pommel near the horn but its serviceably sound) or wait for something nicer. Im finding it hard to find a 17 inch with semi QH bars. Im not looking for anything fancy, just looking to do some trail riding and possibly some roping. Hmm, what to do what to do.

I'm so sorry for the family FB troubles.  (((hugs)))  

As one who has recently purchased two used saddles, I'd say to go ahead and buy it if the price is right and the tree and seat are what you are looking for.  Both saddles I bought, I've wanted the style and both cropped up in the sizes I needed so I got 'em.  Great deals, really, and they'll hold their value if I take care of them like I do all my tack.  If you do find something nicer, you could always sell this one to offset the cost.

QBAW, block them.  Anyone that is giving you grief. Just block them. Its not worth it. 

As for the saddle. A 17" semi QH bar should be easy to find. SQH Bars are the most common. Check the stirrup leathers close for cracking. If those are OK then you should be fine with a good oiling. My preference is to clean first with Leather new. Scrubbing the tooling with a small scrub brush and wiping with a paper towel. The take Neatsfoot oil and literally paint it onto the leather with a sponge brush. Keep applying till it no longer soaks it up. Leave it sit for a day then wipe off any excess and you're good to go.