Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wolfhaven

Light show Monday

15 posts in this topic

After a decent weekend thunderstorms moved through last night.  Got some good boomers and rain.  Warmer temps have the trees busting out finally.  Grass is almost ready to be mowed.  Suppose I should get the mower ready.

Weekend was fun.  Saturday was hockey then goofed around until I had to be at a brewery's "festiversary" party to work a table for the paddling alliance.  Big bash.  Thousands of people enjoying good beer, good food and quite a mix of music.  They had musicians going all day on three different stages.  Quite the fun block party.  Sunday my daughter and some of the grandkids came by and they brought my Mom over for the day.  Sunny but windy so we had to hide in a sunny spot out of the wind.  I had birdhouses precut and drilled for the kids to put together.  Grilled too much food and had a nice dinner.  Now it's back to the salt mines...   

Tonight is a meeting to preview movies for our paddling alliance's film fest.  No other commitments that I know of and the weather may be crappy all week.  Ugh.  Need to spend time on my bike and in my kayak.  

Wolf, sounds like you had a really fun weekend.

Working in the office today.  Hope to sneak out & go find a new pair of runners as my feet have been screaming at me.  Got to love having bad feet.

Wolf,  Great you had a good weekend doing what you enjoy, & then time with family. But I'm jealous, I Wished I Had Your Energy. 

RRW,  After a working weekend, you are also back at the work again, it seems works always get in the way of having fun.    PD

Wolf sounds like a fun weekend. Was a busy weekend for us daughter graduated from high school on friday evening my brother & sister came up from jacksonville FL, sister from Atlanta Georgia. So had a fun 4 days with them hadn't seen them for over 2 years. We had a big thunderstorm roll through around midnight lots of lighting and thunder poured rain and hailed. Got over an inch of rain last night.

My mare ended up not being put down friday vet came and did a physical ,and found she had a loose infected tooth. Reason she wasn't eating good and in general was seeming to be going down hill. Had her teeth floated and tooth pulled out ,on Antibiotics and is feeling good and once again back to her old demanding self nicking for her breakfast & dinner. Thank goodness vet did a physical and didn't just put her down.

A picture of the graduate 

unnamed.png

Edited by Jazzystar66

Jazzy, congrats to your daughter.  Must have been a fantastic visit with your siblings especially after 2yrs of not seeing each other.  Good news about your mare.

PD, come Monday in the office I usually don't work terribly hard.  Used to be Mondays were my only day off but with my new Sysco rep my orders has to be done Mondays.  Would take tomorrow off but I have a new housekeeper starting so will be training.  In a couple weeks fingers crossed Tuedsays will be my day off.  Or at least that is what I tell myself.

Yes, life gets in the way of living life and the stress of work had really affected my health the past 3 months.

I worked this weekend at the library but also made time in the morning and late at night to put in a garden box with my friend.  I'll post pics in the garden topic.  Getting ready to go in to work today.  Learned on Saturday that my boss was walking barefoot in his backyard and a snake bit his foot.  It swelled to 3x the size and he said he may be able to put a shoe on by today.  

Wow, jazzy, I'm so glad your vet did an exam first!  

Congratulations to your daughter!

Yay for not having to let go of your steed just yet! 

Good weekend here.  Got my west pasture fenced, trimmed the PintoThing's hooves, took mom on a bike ride for Mother's Day.  She leaves for SE Minnesota on Thursday for a weekend of biking and kayaking with her sisters.  It looks like the weather could be crummy....glad I wasn't invited! Ha

We went for dinner & I noticed my booze reps who is also a friend car in the lot.  Walk in don't see Jim but his wife.  Really nice gal a have always enjoyed visiting her.  Go up to say hi & ask if she is out on her own.  She mentioned Jim has passed.  Me being stupid asked Jim who with a blank face.  Well turns out my rep/friend her husband passed away unexpectedly late last week from a heart attach. She felt really bad that we were never informed.

Just a sad night Jim was one of those people who were genuine.  He was a really good guy & I feel we were very lucky to have known him.  This is the 3rd friend who has passed in 6 months

RRW,  Sorry for the lost  a good friend, it is always to sudden, I wish you well.  Best Wishes.  PD

Edited by Proud Dad

16 hours ago, SerahRose said:

Good weekend here.  Got my west pasture fenced, trimmed the PintoThing's hooves, took mom on a bike ride for Mother's Day.  She leaves for SE Minnesota on Thursday for a weekend of biking and kayaking with her sisters.  It looks like the weather could be crummy....glad I wasn't invited! Ha

She riding the Lenroot Trail?  I'm planning that one for later this summer.  Bike one day and kayak the next.  

Congrats on a good weekend for you Jazzy.  

That's a bummer RRW.  

IDK.  They're staying in lanesboro, and doing day trips from there. 

That's the trail.  Nicely paved and meanders through a few small towns.  A nice paddling river is right there too.  Be an awesome weekend for them if the weather is decent.  Hoping to do this sometime later this summer.