Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PaintedWishes

Wet wet wet Wednessday.

14 posts in this topic

Good morning all! So over the all the rain already. We are supposed to get a dry streak after today. I sure hope so. I haven't even been able to plant my new plants yet. Got them almost two weeks ago now. Yesterday was supposed to be my day off but I ended up running errands for a meeting at the hospital. We had a fun meeting. My coding chapter did a game of medical Jeopardy. We got through 2 whole rounds. Everyone had to bring their coding books and worked in pairs. People were really getting into the game and having a good time. We did a raffle as well to raise money for a local Children's Charity that benefited kids at one of the Children's hospitals in the area.  We made our jeopardy boards out of poster board and scrapbook paper. They turned out really well. Questions were printed on note cards, and we got play money from the dollar tree store for game money. Over all it was the funnest meeting we have put on in a long time. Now dragging my tail today getting ready for work. Heading off to work as soon as the coffee is done brewing. Hope everyone has a great day!

We have raing & more to come, however, we need it badly.  Tomorrow is supposed to be sunshine so the humidity will go up & the grass will grow.

Nothing to report here.  Have my sons spring concert tonight, the summer calendar has been made up & there aren't to many empty weeks before go back to school.

It's hot a muggy here. 80 yesterday and 85 today. All of my zucchini plants popped up over night. Still waiting on the honeydew, watermelon and cantaloupe. 

It rained here last night, over a inch, muggy & in the 70s mid morning, & now rainy & overcast with temps in mid 60s now.  Just returned from Town, Got to get a few things yet this PM.   PD

Rainy day here since sunday night through today have close to 4 inches of rain. Was dry well now we're in the monsoon season again.My horses don't care about the rain they're enjoying being out on pasture. Here's the pally's who are best buddies, and of course mr handsome posing for a pic.

Chardy & jasper.jpg

unnamed (3).jpg

Edited by Jazzystar66

We weally needed the wain this Wed! 

It's a monsoon out there! 

Stayed home today and cleaned carpets. Glad that is over.

In the 80's and up to 50 mph gusts of wind! Too windy for me to get much done outside.

I pick lettuce, onions and radishes for a salad tonight. The garden is growing fast. I've tied the tomatoes up 3 times.

I've been feeding a feral cat for over 2 months now and it gets within 2 feet of me but hisses. I don't think I will ever be able to touch it.

Everyone have a great evening. I need to finish dinner.

Some pretty ugly storms hanging about here. I'm staying ready to duck.

39 minutes ago, Danyel said:

I've been feeding a feral cat for over 2 months now and it gets within 2 feet of me but hisses. I don't think I will ever be able to touch it.

Oh, they'll surprise you!  Just keep maintaining its trust and pushing the boundaries until you can touch it.  I have one former feral that it took me 14mo before I could just barely brush a finger on her fur and it was another 6-8mo after that before she'd let me actually get a hand flat on her to pet her.  It is amazing what they'll tolerate and/or get used to just to have a steady meal.

Good luck!  =^..^=

Thanks, Heidi. I'll keep trying. I wish I could treat it for fleas and ticks and get it to the vet for what ever it needs. But that is not happening soon.

Been rain in the air the last two day & nights, hasn't rained steady, but there has been tornadoes to our north, & south & just east of RRW.  So the weather has been unsettled lately. We have chances of moisture in the air for next few days. 

Jazzy, Your horses are looking good,  & glad you didn't have to put your mare down, But II'm a bit jealous of the amount of grass you have for horses. I have to supplement my horses with hay.  PD

Yup.  40 miles south of me a tornado went through Chetek area & destroyed a trailer court.  Heard 2 people died.  Then the storm continued east to Ladysmith that's about a good 50 miles from Chetek.

We hAve had strange weather this past week.

33 minutes ago, RailroadWoman said:

Yup.  40 miles south of me a tornado went through Chetek area & destroyed a trailer court.  Heard 2 people died.  Then the storm continued east to Ladysmith that's about a good 50 miles from Chetek.

We hAve had strange weather this past week.

Strange weather for sure.  The way things are going,  by the time this winter is done, it'll be time for the next one!

Equi,  we have had cold wet summers in the past.  Makes growing things impossible & doesn't give you much of a chance to hit the local beach for summer fun in the water and sand.

Jazzy, really enjoyed seeing pictures of your ponies.  They are definitely looking very healthy.