Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
QueenBAW

Thursday the 18th

15 posts in this topic

Rain and snow showers last night.  I added some wood to the stove when I got up........don't ever mention global warming to me again....LOL!

So, Im starting to pull my hair out in anticipation of the weekend...already  lol. Theres SO much going on and SO many things to do that I cant think straight...or even begin to plan. 

Friday kicks off with "Cowgirls for a Cure". Basically an all girls rodeo. I cant remember what the schedule is for Friday but I think its roping.

Saturday, The 2 girls have girl scouts til 11am with their mom. Cassie has a ball game til about noon. Her mom has been very involved in her ball games. Meanwhile theres a tack auction (they have a saddle Im interested in) in a town an hour and a half away at 9am. The same town is also having "Cowgirls for a Cure" (basically an all girls rodeo) and a friends daughter is barrel racing there. I need to find out what time the barrel racing starts. 

Sunday theres a tack auction an hour away from me that I will probably go to.

I just need a clone for Saturday, unless the girls skip scouts and ball game lol.

I am planning on hitting up am NBHA show this weekend just to get more horse out and about. Smashed my elbow last night on the wall. Now it's swollen and I can't extend my arm very well. 

Woke up this morning to learn that a great musician has died. RIP Chris Cornell. Grunge will never be the same without him:( 

196201.jpg

Edited by TigerLilly

Omg, just remembered theres team penning tomorrow night LOL!  Argh!

I can go preview the saddles in Saturdays auction tomorrow morning...hmm might be worth doing.

Is it Friday yet?! 

http://blog.smartpakequine.com/2017/05/vote-for-the-winners-of-our-you-wore-that-to-the-barn-contest/

Go vote for SerahRos, if you're so inclined! 

I'm so sick of work...I thrive on change , I guess.  Ugh.  I think I'll apply for the railroad vegetation control job that's been in the paper for ages. :P

Just finished adding a skein of yarn to my blanket. Its growing. Ive got one more skein to add and then I may add 2 more, which will require a trip to the new AC Moore store. This will be the only blanket I make...Im quite proud of myself.

20170518_222750.jpg

TL, Have fun going to some shows & any time you have a chance to get a picture of that new horse, we'll be waiting to see it. Also sorry for the loss of on one of your favorite musician.

Serah,   I was inclined to vote, very interesting variety of ways to dress to go to the barn & to ride.

QB,  Have fun shopping for a saddle, neat looking blanket.  only thing I can make is a mess, my wife taught me how to clean them up. PD

17 hours ago, SerahRose said:

Is it Friday yet?! 

http://blog.smartpakequine.com/2017/05/vote-for-the-winners-of-our-you-wore-that-to-the-barn-contest/

Go vote for SerahRos, if you're so inclined! 

I'm so sick of work...I thrive on change , I guess.  Ugh.  I think I'll apply for the railroad vegetation control job that's been in the paper for ages. :P

I'm usually just a lurker- but your comment about work explains me to a "T"!  I just started a new job in March, and I am SO bored.  I just feel like I am not contributing or doing something that really helps others...it stinks!  I'm 29, I think it's time to find my forever career haha

5 hours ago, Jbinsto said:

I'm usually just a lurker- but your comment about work explains me to a "T"!  I just started a new job in March, and I am SO bored.  I just feel like I am not contributing or doing something that really helps others...it stinks!  I'm 29, I think it's time to find my forever career haha

I think I have you beat! I'm 31 and haven't kept the same job for more than 2 years, ever! I feel like the position I'm in now IS a decent forever career....easy on the body, yet still active, not too much interaction with other people, benefits, pd vacation, all that jazz....but I love moving!

Your holey blanket is looking good, Queen.

Serah, you need to find a job that involves traveling.

Anybody who wants an unboring job, try teaching. I was never bored, not even for a day.

Ramblin on the move....

Military life always involved constant change.  Kinda miss that.  Then again maybe not.  

On 5/19/2017 at 2:44 PM, SerahRose said:

I think I have you beat! I'm 31 and haven't kept the same job for more than 2 years, ever! I feel like the position I'm in now IS a decent forever career....easy on the body, yet still active, not too much interaction with other people, benefits, pd vacation, all that jazz....but I love moving!

I think my longest has been 1 year and 9 months, besides a work-study job in college (but, I have had 3 kids in the mix and been a SAHM for quite a bit in there)!  I like moving too- I just don't feel like the position I have now is the career I'll do forever...advancement seems null, pay is crap, and I already know I won't get a raise for 3ish years since they hired me at the top of the scale.  Plus almost all of what I make is going to daycare, so the motivation is just not there.  It's fun learning new things! I feel like I've gotten so much experience versus someone who's done just one thing...although I'm not sure employers see it that way.

I did the military-spouse like for almost a year, so I contribute that to part of my gypsy-attitude :)  

16 minutes ago, Jbinsto said:

I think my longest has been 1 year and 9 months, besides a work-study job in college (but, I have had 3 kids in the mix and been a SAHM for quite a bit in there)!  I like moving too- I just don't feel like the position I have now is the career I'll do forever...advancement seems null, pay is crap, and I already know I won't get a raise for 3ish years since they hired me at the top of the scale.  Plus almost all of what I make is going to daycare, so the motivation is just not there.  It's fun learning new things! I feel like I've gotten so much experience versus someone who's done just one thing...although I'm not sure employers see it that way.

I did the military-spouse like for almost a year, so I contribute that to part of my gypsy-attitude :)  

Almost a year, huh? I did 20, talk about feeling like a gypsy, we moved, on average, every 3 years. That's probably why, after more than 20 years of retirement, I still feel the urge to move every 3 years.

10 minutes ago, equicrzy said:

Almost a year, huh? I did 20, talk about feeling like a gypsy, we moved, on average, every 3 years. That's probably why, after more than 20 years of retirement, I still feel the urge to move every 3 years.

Yep- got out of that relationship as quick as I got into it, thank goodness!  

I do like moving- it's so fun.  I think I'd be a gypsy if it paid haha!  My husband isn't so keen on moving, so I think we'll be grounded for a few years to come.