Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RailroadWoman

Fast Weekend Vacation

23 posts in this topic

Well did the chores, got the staff set up at work, trucked George out from under the porch & we are on the road.

Tomorrow we fly out to New Your for the final show of Ringling Brothers blue troop.

Hubby made plans for us to see/do something while there.  Will post some pictures.

I'm glad you are getting to see them.  It makes me sad they are closing down.

RRW,   Have fun on your get away, if you have time to share some pictures on your return, that would be great. Happy Travels & Best Wishes.  PD

We drove down Long Island.  Got to find some sand worn shells & cool little rocks. Weather overcast & cool.  Can't image the amount of people who go to Long Island in the summer

IMG_20170520_165733.jpg

I've BEEN there in the summer.  My sister and I used to spend 2 months of every summer with Grandma.  I remember she took us to the beach and we were on the left side of a remarkable lifeguard stand. That night we went to my Aunt and Uncle's for dinner and found out that our Aunt was there on the RIGHT side of that remarkable lifeguard stand.  The beach was so crowded we never saw each other even though we couldn't have been more than 30' apart.

Heidi that's crazy.  I can easily enjoy the beach in crummy weather.

Drove by Belmont race track this afternoon.  Course I was out voted with wanting to stop 

I think I'd love having the beach all to myself!  Or even mostly to myself.  They are fun places to relax.  I remember Grandma getting my sister and I up very early one morning and she took us to the Belmont racetrack to have breakfast overlooking the track, watch the TBs exercising in the morning mist, were shown how a starting gate worked and we got to meet a racehorse whose name was "Mouse" - though I'm sure now that was a barn name.

RRW,   Nice picture of you & shortman  on the beach.  I know your weekend get aways have been short, but  I hope you will have fond memories of these trips. PD

RRW,   Very neat pictures, I'm sure theses weekend get aways, will fresh in your memories just as long as a week long trip to the same place.  Great that you make the effort to get away, but shortman is old enough to enjoy what he sees.   Thanks Again for pictures.  Best Wishes. PD

I love that pic of you all stacked up with the statue!

PD hubby & I were just talking about the same thing at lunch.  Shortman is old enough where he will remember these trips.

There is so little time with so much to see in the USA

Looks like you are having a great time. I took the same trip when my boys were young. My oldest was 7 at the time. He remembers New York and Long Island but my youngest son was only 2 so he doesn't remember the trip.

I was in New York in the 60's. The World's Fair was there and that's all I saw. That Ellis Island building is pretty. The pictures you see of the inside when it was in use always looked dingy and depressing.

The circus was fantastic.  However never got to an event at the Naussa Veterans Collisium.  The do not allow any kind of camera into the center.  We were pissed as had to take our small pocket camera back to the car.  At the last circus you could take a came just not one with a long lense.  

IMG_20170521_212424.jpg

Dang, I'm sorry they were pills about the camera.  *mad*  Love the pic of Shortman next to the circus trailer.  Historical.

We have a very late flight.  So road the train to Penn Station & have a slice of NY pizza.

The weather is nasty today & so glad we had great weather yesterday.

IMG_20170522_144715.jpg

We are home.  3am makes for a very short sleep.

Dogs were very happy to have us home.  Have no idea how much the critter sitter fed them but their bellies are very wide & dog food almost all gone.

Now it's the to come back to reality with a very busy day.