Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TigerLilly

Video of the new horse

9 posts in this topic

I gave the Jag a bath today for a really long time. Will do it again in a few days just to keep him used to the idea. Trainer is going to start riding him soon. My trainer and I are having issues with our two geldings acting like study fools so I took mine away from his favorite mare today. He was not happy but he was pawing and rearing at the hitching post whenever she would yell to him and figured it would be best to break the bond for now. He is in the hot walker pen for now, but he will be moved tonight when one of the training horses goes home. 

20170610_190735.mp4

Edited by TigerLilly

Is the video upside down for anyone else?  lol  I think he's gorgeous.  Very shiny and fluid when he moves.

Image result for owl looking upside down

Here is Jag after a ride with the trainer. He is doing very well. We got feet trimmed today. He has ticklish legs. Front and back. He kicks at flies when they land on him and when the farrier lightly touched his legs he pulls them up really fast. Even the back legs. Doesn't kick but if I had not told the farrier he probably would have thought he was about to get throttled. 

FB_IMG_1497916206150.jpg

Edited by TigerLilly

TL,   Jag is nice put together horse, & his looks should even get better as he fills out more.   Pest Wishes. PD

Very cute! Does he have any white on his face?

I had a mustang that was sensitive to things touching his legs & belly. I'd flick the end of the lead rope (or lunge line) around his legs & tap his belly with it, while letting him graze. He eventually got used to it & was much less reactive to bugs, people, etc, touching him there.

Best of luck with him!