Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PinkTractor

Not again...

44 posts in this topic

Has the vet ever done an ultrasound of the painful area?

That will be discussed if no improvement on Friday...as we will be discussing any further options that may be needed.

Last years case - had a reasoning. So it was never necessary.

Looks to be slowly improving. Sure hope she continues and you get a dx's.

Cellulitis was my first thought last year.  So strange. 

Hope she turns a corner soon.  

I went home at lunch and hand grazed her while cold hosing her leg (Thank you mother nature for soaking us in water so I can use my well without running out!!) - she looks so much better then yesterday! I took my shedding comb and got the access hair off and the black salve and it really does look to be improving (quite a bit from yesterday).

35 minutes ago, PinkTractor said:

I went home at lunch and hand grazed her while cold hosing her leg (Thank you mother nature for soaking us in water so I can use my well without running out!!) - she looks so much better then yesterday! I took my shedding comb and got the access hair off and the black salve and it really does look to be improving (quite a bit from yesterday).

Awesome!

7 minutes ago, jubal said:

Are the lateral  marks on the front of the hock joint old scars?

Yes, one from before purchase, other about 6 years old. Normally not so prominent. 

I went to the vet to pick up my dogs flea medicine...I got to talking to a lady who used to be my trainer in 4H days. She recommended these;

http://www.sstack.com/Horse-Boots-Wraps_Therapy-Solutions_Ceramic-Therapy/Lux-Ceramic-Therapy-Quick-Wraps/

Any thoughts on those? Her daughter uses them on her arthritic horse. She said it made him sound when he was off at a show. She now swears by them. I read a little bit about them and they sound good. Just not sure.

Since her problem seems to be higher up the leg, can't see where they would really help that much. And I can't think you want to HEAT all that swelling

I'm thinking after this heals. Right now I have ice wraps. Those have been a godsend.