Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
noponies

Where are the

34 posts in this topic

Rode, then declared war on Japanese beatles. The wedding tulle worked for the roses but I couldn't make it stay on the bushes. I'm going with the bucket of water method. Early morning and late afternoon--shake them into a bucket with water. Let the little buggers drown. After the horse grazes for his allotted time, I intend to mow the pastures.

At the hospital working proctoring exams. Been here since 7 am and was up by 5. Once I leave here I have to head straight to the church for choir practice then sing this evening with my choir. This is gonna be a looonnngggg.....day. I'm already tired and it's only 10 am. 

Up before 6 this morning. Weatherman predicted hot temps today but it is cloudy and in the 70's.

I found a great solution for mats in long haired cats. Rub baby oil in each mat and they drop off in a day or two. My cat had mats on her chest and she will not let me brush her there. I used the baby oil and within 2 days all the mats fell off. I was so surprised this worked.

Not a lot to do today. I cleaned house and made potato salad for dinner. Think I will go read for a while.

All the father's on here, Happy Father's Day!

Got up at 3:40 not able to sleep, too many projects swirling around in my head. Dogs knew I was up despite trying to be quiet so I let them out, cleaned up dog puke on my new rug. Tried to go back to sleep, gave up around 5:30. Finished painting a cabinet, installed new drawer pulls, made coffee then breakfast, cleaned up after, compiled my grocery list and now I'm going to clean up and drive to town to find what I need for a Father's Day dinner tomorrow. 

27 minutes ago, Danyel said:

I found a great solution for mats in long haired cats. Rub baby oil in each mat and they drop off in a day or two. My cat had mats on her chest and she will not let me brush her there. I used the baby oil and within 2 days all the mats fell off. I was so surprised this worked.

Need to remember that for my cat. He's good to let me detangle and pull burrs out of his long hair, enjoys it even except for his belly and butt britches. 

I dropped off to cats to the weekend clinic to as Conner says " get rid of their baby making parts" then went grocery shopping. Now getting ready to go get a dryer from a friends . then back to pick up the cats . 

Up ate breakfast, then cleaned garage & burnt a brush pile, Then ran errands in town.  For some reason,  I was fighting sleep ,driving home., so thinking about taking a nap.  PD

We made it south of the border.  Spent the past week visiting family family in Canada.  Was a great visit oh we also managed to ride two different excursion trains.  Will be so nice to get home tomorrow.

Monday's coming! Did you get all your weekend yet?

I weeded most of the weekend. My back is killing me now. I need some preen or something. 

We had a Family Father's Day Brunch today, Oldest daughter & 4 grandkids were here today, food was very good & I ate to much. Oldest grandson is 23, he ate & chatted a bit & fell asleep in recliner, & was there for a good 5 hours,. glad he was able to get some rest. We had a good day.  Best Wishes. All.  PD

On 6/18/2017 at 11:44 PM, Proud Dad said:

We had a Family Father's Day Brunch today, Oldest daughter & 4 grandkids were here today, food was very good & I ate to much. Oldest grandson is 23, he ate & chatted a bit & fell asleep in recliner, & was there for a good 5 hours,. glad he was able to get some rest. We had a good day.  Best Wishes. All.  PD

My kids always require a nap after a meal...what light weights they are. :D

8 minutes ago, grimmie said:

My kids always require a nap after a meal...what light weights they are. :D

2 minutes ago, jubal said:

I do too, but it's kinda frowned on at a restaurant. :P

No one but me required a nap, except oldest grandson, he is a truck driver, & is often up longer than he should be. He left from our house for Chicago, so I was glad he got a nap in. A person shouldn't have a favorite grandchild, but oldest one is my favorite, I guess that is because, he was only one for 5 years, & also he is only one I can talk to as an adult.  PD

Oh well PD that puts it into perspective. Married to a retired truck driver, protecting his sleep was my number one priority. Kids hated hearing "be quiet or you'll wake your dad up!" 

2 hours ago, jubal said:

I do too, but it's kinda frowned on at a restaurant. :P

:rotf:

True story. Few minutes ago, there was a knock on the front door. I was finishing up in the kitchen and had been meaning to bring the dogs in because they'd been barking at our old cat longer than I can stand to hear a dog bark. Go to the door, there stands one of our Muscovy ducks looking up at me, both dogs shot inside and she turned and walked back to the box they nest in by the door. Pretty sure if she could talk she'd say do something with these brats so I can get back to my nap. :rotf:

IMG_1544.thumb.JPG.141d32940fc74f26ba0ffbdce36cd7cc.JPG

She was knocking on the door so you would let the dogs in.  Good thing you don't have a low doorbell.

They're strange looking critters, aren't they? But evidently, pretty smart.

18 hours ago, jubal said:

They're strange looking critters, aren't they? But evidently, pretty smart.

That is the truth, the drake had a face only a mother could love! These girls have an interesting story. We share a pond with a neighbor who originally purchased a drake with these 3 hens. They quickly learned my horses dropped feed and would show up at feeding time, I got attached to them. At some point coyotes killed the drake and the hens began living at our house where they feel safe I guess. They live and lay eggs in the pecan box by the door. The older hen has a nest on our back porch. The neighbor knows we have them and is just glad they're safe. He lives near a creek the coyotes use to travel and despite his best efforts, they make a steady meal of his chickens. Thankfully, they've never bothered us.

3 hours ago, noponies said:

Community ducks? Who gets to eat the eggs?

He who pays the feed bill gets the eggs :)

21 hours ago, noponies said:

Community ducks? Who gets to eat the eggs?

I do and they are delicious! The older hen routinely lays the huge egg, always a double yolk. They two younger hens are sitting on two eggs now, I let them have them, they seemed so proud. But I'm hoping that big black chicken snake learned its lesson the last time he tried snatching them...they took a pound of his flesh

IMG_5342.thumb.JPG.77f3236f0983e1ad29e074b5d82230d8.JPG

How do you use the eggs? I tried frying duck eggs and was not impressed. I did like baking with them though.

10 minutes ago, pepperann said:

How do you use the eggs? I tried frying duck eggs and was not impressed. I did like baking with them though.

Scramble them with basil and mushrooms, then top with chopped fresh tomato and a good dollop of sour cream.

Wow that one egg is HUGE!!

Make oven pancake.  Great way to use up eggs:

6 eggs

1 cup milk

1cup flour

dash of salt

mix eggs, milk, flour & salt together

pre heat oven to 425

in a 9x13 glass cake pan put 1/2 stick butter

place pan in oven to melt butter, when butter is bubbly pour in batter & bake about 20-25 minutes.

The sides will get really high & when you take it out they will deflate.

Serve with fruit, jam or syrup. It is also yummy to mix in vanilla & cinnamon in the batter. 

My moms recipe is made with only 3 eggs but it isn't as good. When we had layers I made this all the time to use up the eggs.

Oooo yes RRW! I've got fresh strawberries that would just be perfect on top of that!

Pepperann I fry, scramble, use them in a breakfast casseroles and in baking. Hubby doesn't like eating them, he says they taste different and the white is thicker and a different consistency than chicken egg whites. He doesn't know he eats them in things.

On 6/22/2017 at 11:42 AM, noponies said:

Scramble them with basil and mushrooms, then top with chopped fresh tomato and a good dollop of sour cream.

Def going to try this!

RrW burp...excuse me! May I just say, your Mom's oven pancake was delicious! I got up early and masserated strawberries, blueberries some leftover pineapple in powdered sugar and peach simple syrup. Then I made the pancake. Paul was so impressed, I agreed with him, it reminds us of the Swedish pancakes we got in Door Co. Wisconsin.

IMG_1794.JPG