Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RailroadWoman

Sunny Day or Is It??

19 posts in this topic

Oh boy oh boy I see sun to start the day here.  However it isn't supposed to last as more rain & cool temps are on the radar.

We are home for the morning.  Hubby will pick us up little later & will have lunch at home.  On the menu is chix & dumplings.  A family favorite & easy to make.

Whats your day have in store?

Hanging around the house waiting for UPS meds delivery. Yeah, fun.

Just sitting here drinking my coffee, & planning my day, if the rain would stay away I could hoe my garden, our sun is out right now, but it did rain last night So my options are limited. PD

18 minutes ago, Proud Dad said:

Just sitting here drinking my coffee, & planning my day, if the rain would stay away I could hoe my garden, our sun is out right now, but it did rain last night So my options are limited. PD

PD, I'm cringing at the thought of hoeing a garden after a rain here on the Tx. Gulf coast. Do you get humidity after a rain like we do here? 

Texans here on the Gulf coast are preparing for a tropical storm to make land fall early Thursday morning. Traditionally, TP's dump more rain than hurricanes so they have to be taken seriously. I just hope we don't lose power. I plan on stocking up on pet food and horse feed today just in case.

RRW, chicken and dumplings sounds good. Never have it these days as our daughter was the one who made it and she's married and out of the house. How do you make your dumplings?

QH,   We have humidity here, but I do know that the south east has alot more than we could ever imagine. I wish you well as you deal with tropical storm bearing down on you. I wish you all well. Best Wishes.  PD

A huge storm and flash flooding is forecast here for Sat. and Sun.  A huge outdoor wedding is planned for next door on Sat. The field where cars will park has flooded before. Should be interesting.

I just use Jiffy mix.  What mine chix dumplings is: carrots celery with pepper cooked soft with little olive oil in Dutch oven.  Cube & cook boneless chicken breast with poultry seasoning & pepper.  Add the two put in two boxes of chix broth then simmer.  After while add dumpling batter.  

Last time I didn't have enough broth & ended up cooking it down to much.  Today's will be more of a soup.

It is smelling yummy.

Those with storms on the way stay safe.

It sure warmed up here & the sun is still bright.

For the humidity to get really bad the night temps have to stay high.  PD is correct that SE Wisconsin does get much warmer & humid.  However they are close to lake Michigan.

Every time I turn around it wants to rain lol. Not good. I have so much painting to do. Here is just one project I am finishing. Found this 130 year old water closet a while ago. Trying to finish it up for the city wide yard sale this weekend. Just got the protective top coat on it and the hardware today. 

20170620_141200.jpg

It was 107 yesterday and tomorrow or Thursday we are supposed to reach 109.  Ugh, waaaaaay too hot for me!

13 minutes ago, TigerLilly said:

Every time I turn around it wants to rain lol. Not good. I have so much painting to do. Here is just one project I am finishing. Found this 130 year old water closet a while ago. Trying to finish it up for the city wide yard sale this weekend. Just got the protective top coat on it and the hardware today. 

20170620_141200.jpg

Love it! What brand milk/chalk paint do you use or do you make yourown? What's your technique to distress it? I'd have a very hard time selling it.

Love to see it with the drawers done.

This is the last one I painted.

IMG_1756.thumb.JPG.48db90a7583c78047bddc08190161072.JPG

That's a really nice piece grimmie. For that water closet I made my own using plaster of Paris. Once I got it stripped I put ebony stain on it, then a coat of blue with a lighter top coat of blue. It had a door but I like it without the door. Here is a picture of the top. I also used vasiline in just some areas that I wanted to distress really deep and get down to the wood. It took a long time because when I found it it had fermica glued on top. I had to strip it off. 

Please excuse my messy work area;)

20170619_121843.jpg

20170620_154608.jpg

Edited by TigerLilly

It's turning out warm and sunny here after a cloudy cool start to the day.  Yesterday was sunny and hot. I rode yesterday morning before work and it was super foggy. Saw a huge coyote in the hay field the size of a large dog. Getting a few things done around the house and barn before I have to head off to the hospital for a meeting this evening. 

Oh nice project.  Me I'd strip it then stain it as I love to see the wood.

Haven't done a refinishing project for a long time.  With the crazy job & life would be hard to finish something once started.  

Heidi, try to stay cool.  Hope you are doing ok with your mom.  Just remember deep breaths & humming also helps when things get hard.  Hugs!!!

55 minutes ago, RailroadWoman said:

Oh nice project.  Me I'd strip it then stain it as I love to see the wood.

Haven't done a refinishing project for a long time.  With the crazy job & life would be hard to finish something once started.  

I will stain if the piece is in good condition for restoring. This unfortunately was not:( still solid a heavy as all get out though so I will be happy to see it go;)

I'd buy that piece in a heartbeat TigerLilly:wub: 

Word of caution on using p of p wear a mask if you sand in an enclosed area, it can irritate lung tissue. I am all about protecting lungs.

I want to try using Vaseline. Lady gave me an easy technique to make it chippy, she lays a damp rag down on the paint, it lifts the milk paint you can let it dry or scrape it off. 

Painted, hope that coyote was just passing through.

That's the thing about the wood.  Seems if it was painted with a oil base it is better odds of coming off.  However number of time seen where water based primer/paint is absorbed into the grain.  Talk about a witch getting out.