Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RailroadWoman

Weekend Wake Up

75 posts in this topic

Never did have a dog that would eat them because of the texture.  Especially if they were soft mouthed.

Jubal, a new design of carport! lol

Looks like something I would see in Oklahoma!

I just showed my old man this. He said, I don't see anything wrong with that! That car is a Classic! Men!!!!!!!!

Edited by Danyel

When you think about it, it's not much different than a carport. You just have to have ramps. I love seeing people saving old cars and he grows nice hay too. Jubal approves.

Wondering why the pic doesn't work for me. :(

Sorry, I deleted it. I'm feeling uneasy about posting it without permission. I'll send PM.

Took the kids to the park today. They are finally opened after all that clean up after our flood. The kids had a blast. The mosquitos were not bad either. Much needed time outside. 

I'm having some ebay drama. I ordered a saddle a little while back. Paid within minutes of winning the auction. Guess who never shipped the saddle...I think this will be my last ebay purchase. 

7 hours ago, TigerLilly said:

Took the kids to the park today. They are finally opened after all that clean up after our flood. The kids had a blast. The mosquitos were not bad either. Much needed time outside. 

I'm having some ebay drama. I ordered a saddle a little while back. Paid within minutes of winning the auction. Guess who never shipped the saddle...I think this will be my last ebay purchase. 

I don't deal with eBay, I've never trusted it, there's too many law suits involving eBay on the tv court shows.

You can get your money back, though, right, if you didn't receive the merchandise?

3 minutes ago, equicrzy said:

I don't deal with eBay, I've never trusted it, there's too many law suits involving eBay on the tv court shows.

You can get your money back, though, right, if you didn't receive the merchandise?

Yes I will get it back, it just takes forever. 

Edited by TigerLilly

TigerLily, I used to buy loads of things On eBay but got hacked through my PayPal acct. after purchading, so I stay away from both now. Really hope you get it resolved without too much of a headache.

3 hours ago, grimmie said:

TigerLily, I used to buy loads of things On eBay but got hacked through my PayPal acct. after purchading, so I stay away from both now. Really hope you get it resolved without too much of a headache.

I should be able to. I have sold a lot on ebay and always had smooth transactions and happy buyers. But buying off ebay is a little sketchy. Definitely not going to do it anymore. I had two purchases fall through in 2 weeks. Not worth the hassle. 

We painted my sewing room this weekend, from a Tabacco color to sea salt. Third time I've painted this room, hopefully the last. Think I can say my sewing room is done and not be lying. Just have to move one more storage cabinet in so my tv can go on top. There's lots of room inside for my mosaic glass, tiles and grout.

IMG_1820.JPG

That looks very peaceful, QH. But I think it would put me right to sleep!

Very nice, Grimmie. I would love to have my own sewing room.

It looks like a show room.  My sewing room has somehow turned into a disaster & I have worked in it for months.

9 hours ago, grimmie said:

We painted my sewing room this weekend, from a Tabacco color to sea salt. Third time I've painted this room, hopefully the last. Think I can say my sewing room is done and not be lying. Just have to move one more storage cabinet in so my tv can go on top. There's lots of room inside for my mosaic glass, tiles and grout.

IMG_1820.JPG

What every crafter dreams of....then the reality

IMG_20170717_191807.jpg

11 hours ago, grimmie said:

IMG_1820.JPG

I like it!

Thanks everyone, it's been a long time coming.

RrW, trust me, mine looked so much worse and my things were scattered in 3 different rooms. I never found what I was looking for on the first try.

Now if my daughter would come get the elliptical machine off my front porch I would be so ever grateful.

Only reason my room looks a mess it because we have the donation pile growing.  I have a library table for a work top & LOVE it with all the space.  Plus I can put the storage bins under & still have foot room.  My sewing room it the catch all because it is seldom used & to easy to just close the door.

I am currently upholstering a child's chair (very slowly.) All the supplies for that plus my sewing machine are currently on my kitchen table. Meanwhile, there are two bedrooms sitting unoccupied in my upstairs. I could have a sewing room up there but I bet all the stuff would end up on the kitchen table again. I guess I'm just a one-story person.

Jubal, I have a sewing project that is going on 2yrs since I started it.  Then there are all the puzzles that I don't have the heart to take apart that are neatly stacked on my other work top.  Have all intentions of gluing & framing a couple of them. 

RrW that really is not that messy. 

Jubal finish that chair and post a pic! 

My SIL cut the wood chair bottoms for the iron chairs the kids gave me for Mothers Day. Got up this morning excited to check one more project off my list. I was positive I had foam somewhere...found it but it's about two inches too short. Poo, now I have buy foam.

And we got the best news ever...our new grand baby is a girl! Exactly what I wished for. :wub:

Grimmie, congrats on the baby girl.  Don't go crazy shopping for pink.

Well at least the room was enough of a mess to show the difference.  My house is always a mess in the summer because we are never home to get anything done.  One day last week I planned on going home after work but decided the beach was a much better way to spend time.  Winter is just around the corner can get caught up then.

Grimmie, congratulations on the baby girl. Just think of all the baby things you can sew. I used to sew for my granddaughters. They loved anything Granny made, no matter the mistakes!

Oh goodie, a girl!! Was there a gender reveal party?

Danyel, I know I should finish the chair. My grand-nephews will be too big for it soon!

21 hours ago, jubal said:

Oh goodie, a girl!! Was there a gender reveal party?

Danyel, I know I should finish the chair. My grand-nephews will be too big for it soon!

Nope, no party. Our daughter is very unconventual, if everyone else is doing it, you can bet she won't be.  

21 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

Grimmie, congrats on the baby girl.  Don't go crazy shopping for pink.

Well at least the room was enough of a mess to show the difference.  My house is always a mess in the summer because we are never home to get anything done.  One day last week I planned on going home after work but decided the beach was a much better way to spend time.  Winter is just around the corner can get caught up then.

RrW, good attitude, especially when you have a child, time spent with them always takes precedence in my opinion.

21 hours ago, Danyel said:

Grimmie, congratulations on the baby girl. Just think of all the baby things you can sew. I used to sew for my granddaughters. They loved anything Granny made, no matter the mistakes!

I wish, trouble is, I hate sewing clothes. Much rather sew curtains or pillows which are more forgiving. But I will attemp something just because...

We are in the process of redoing our walk in shower. Pretty annoying when you don't know what you want. We got an estimate on the cultured marble because I don't want any more grout! We have tile now and our water is the worst for minerals and rust and you cannot get it clean enough. 

Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could get hard water rust colored bathtubs sinks & tile.

Oh there are all sorts of things you can make that aren't clothing.  I still have the washcloth pillow my grandma made me.  It taceled everywhere it went.  Shortman lost is that my mom made him.  It got left behind on one of our trips.

I live spending time with my boy.