Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
noponies

BREAKFAST!!!!

93 posts in this topic

PD congrats on your anniversary.  Toast to you & Misses for many more.

What:o is wrong with you non morning pig eaters!!!!!  Heck at least I admit to eat mouse pioson depending how much is slathered then it's rat poison.

I love bacon. That counts, doesn't it. Sausage is mystery food, like spam or baloney!

26 minutes ago, noponies said:

I eat cheese or PB as an evening snack.

I eat peanut butter by the spoonful. I also dip baby carrots in it .

25 minutes ago, Danyel said:

I love bacon. That counts, doesn't it. Sausage is mystery food, like spam or baloney!

I'm not sure what parts are used for sausage, scraps of various cuts, I guess, then it's ground up and seasoned.

I should look it up.

6 minutes ago, equicrzy said:

I eat peanut butter by the spoonful. I also dip baby carrots in it .

Mix a little honey or pancake syrup into it and dip a banana....

5 minutes ago, equicrzy said:

I'm not sure what parts are used for sausage, scraps of various cuts, I guess, then it's ground up and seasoned.

I should look it up.

I don't have to, worked where its made. Its scraps, yes, but all good pork. No "strange stuff" in there.

Ewwww......50% of pork sausage is made from the processed left overs, including, blood, organs and head meat.

4 minutes ago, noponies said:

I don't have to, worked where its made. Its scraps, yes, but all good pork. No "strange stuff" in there.

I guess it depends on the plant. I just read almost 50% is made from blood, guts, organs and, head meat.

That doesn't sound too appetizing.

For what brand, did you make sausage?

1 hour ago, noponies said:

Oscar Mayer, back in the late 80's

They made sausage?  Didn't know that. I usually buy Jimmy Dean.

I haven't had breakfast yet, it's just 6:48.  Some people have been up for hours by this time, I'm not one  of those people...,.lol.

Edited by equicrzy

18 minutes ago, equicrzy said:

They made sausage?  Didn't know that. I usually buy Jimmy Dean.

They did. Ham and bacon too.

Mmm, sausage! I like to make my own so I know exactly what is in it.

53 minutes ago, noponies said:

They did. Ham and bacon too.

I knew about the ham and bacon, just not the sausage.   I don't think I've ever seen Oscar Mayer sausage.

39 minutes ago, pepperann said:

Mmm, sausage! I like to make my own so I know exactly what is in it.

That's smart. Nothing surprising can be lurking.

Getting ready to make a breakfast burrito. Scrambled eggs and cheese rolled up in a tortilla.......yeah, that sounds good, something different, for a change.

We eat clean grass fed meat so I'm not scared of sausage, just prefer bacon. Our son and other hunters we know provide a lot of our link sausage. It's usually a mix of deer and pork and very lean and tasty.

On 7/12/2017 at 7:50 AM, equicrzy said:

I haven't had breakfast yet, it's just 6:48.  Some people have been up for hours by this time, I'm not one  of those people...,.lol.

I consider 6:48 early for us retired folks. My eyes have been opening at exactly 6:42 this week, what's up with that?!!

Had to finish mowing early because of rain coming in. Had a small bowl of raisin Bran when I came in.

We had a 4.2 earthquake this morning. I must have been mowing and didn't feel it. The epicenter was 60 miles from me but I should have felt it.

13 hours ago, grimmie said:

We eat clean grass fed meat so I'm not scared of sausage, just prefer bacon. Our son and other hunters we know provide a lot of our link sausage. It's usually a mix of deer and pork and very lean and tasty.

I consider 6:48 early for us retired folks. My eyes have been opening at exactly 6:42 this week, what's up with that?!!

On the weekends, if I'm up before 8, my husband asks, "what are you doing up so early?"

Been retired for a good while, and STILL can't sleep past 5:30, no matter when I go to bed. But I won't want breakfast til 8 or so.

I had a half of a peach this AM & a bowel of cereal. & of course coffee, on my second cup & might go for a third, just depends how long I play on here. PD

I chunked up a really big tomato, had a little salad dressing for dip, and a tall glass of buttermilk.

English muffin with a slice of tomato, little cheese salt & pepper.  Pop in the micro just long enough to soften the cheese.  Yummy

Cottage cheese, peaches and a little granola on top..then I sprinkle with a little cinnamon sugar. So delicious! Made this for DH (who thinks he has to have meat and eggs) and now he's hooked!

RrW that sounds so good! I just bought English muffins and fresh organic tomatos, this might be my breakfast tomorrow.

noponies, I cannot eat first thing either, makes me nauseated. 

Edited by grimmie

Eggs and toast.  I'm another who can't eat right after getting up, just the thought of food, makes me nauseous, I have to wait a couple hours.  I just have coffee a few minutes after getting up.

I have a rump roast in the crock pot for this evening...... hope it doesn't turn out tough, we bought a side of local, grass fed beef and, I can't seem to get a cooking method down pat, they say, cook it not as long as grain fed, but, no matter what, it always comes out tough.

I think, when this is gone.....a long time from now, a side is a lot of beef for two people...... I'll be buying our meat from Costco, we always got good, tender beef from there.

I had a quick breakfast of eggs and toast. I've been putting up tomatoes. I have 10 qts. done so far. I made sauce and froze it.

4 hours ago, noponies said:

Jimmy Carter pancakes.

I give up. What are Jimmy Carter pancakes?