Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
horsecrazybvh

Fair time

21 posts in this topic

It's fair season! We got to attend our first Midwest fair tonight. I grew up with several extremely large fairs every year, with great food and fun horse shows. I know I will go at least once more to our fair. So what is your favorite fair food( because really, that's all my chubby butt goes for)? Tonight I had a cheeseburger, which has always been a fair staple for me, and a piece of cheesecake dipped in chocolate, which was a first but it was heavenly. 

Other then that I spent a lot of time in the goat and poultry barns. The goats made my baby cry when they decided to start eating her stroller though  lol

Funnel cake as it is the only time to get it.  Corn dogs that are hand dipped oh & cheese curds.  Again if they are hand battered.

Our county fair is small.  However it was so bad one year we had to go out for dinne after as there were only 3-4 food vendors.  Not good 

No contest. Corn dogs! I don't go to the fair every year but when I do, it's because of corn dogs.

Course you also have to burn your mouth because one can't wait for it to cool.

Watched 2 daughters and a couple grandkids show cows pigs and rabbits. At local fairs

Also enjoyed the different fair foods.   PD

I always went for the candy apples and corn dogs.

When my dad would go to the state fair he would see if he could eat more foot long hot dogs than the previous year.  Believe the record was 14 foot longs in a day.  

Oh got to have fresh cotton candy.

I don't care for fair food - too delicate of a digestive system.  I love seeing the exhibits; livestock, mechanical and home goods.  In fact, I *miss* county fairs because Georgia's "fairs" are a laugh - their "fairs" are only midway rides and some food vendors.  Haven't been to the State Fair in Perry, I may have to make that a priority soon.  CA county and state fairs were going on while I've been here in CA but I've been too wrapped up with family to get away.

As much as I love corn dogs, I have never bought one at a fair. Might get one on Saturday. 

Skipping out on the fair tonight. We could hear the Gary Allan concert from our house yesterday and today I can hear the tractor pulls. I think I will go Saturday for some bull riding(maybe the horse show too, but it just makes me super sad that I don't have a horse anymore) and may snag myself another piece of that chocolate covered cheesecake. 

Only been to the County fair a handful of times since our kids graduated and stopped showing. Of course ya gotta do the rodeo and calf scramble. My favorite is seeing the quilts/crafts/art/photography exhibits. As far as food, always the barbecue from the fair committee, funnel cakes and there's a particularly tasty gyro stand I like. My daughter has to have a lemonade.

I love getting the funnel cakes, elephant ears, hand dipped corn dogs, curly fries and apple pie fries. Love fair food. It's fun to see all the animals and exhibits too.

Edited by PaintedWishes

Two weeks it will be our county fair.  Just may try for the MN state fair.  Haven't been there in years & would be a first for shortman

He's been to the county fair, not the state fair.  Heck usually first part of June he is asking when the fair is.

RRW, when I was a teenager, the county I'm living in now was notorious for the sideshows at the county fair. I didn't know about it, but the sideshows were really girly shows and were very popular with the teenage boys. I rode in the horse shows there, and had no idea about the extra attractions until I moved here and read about it in the history column in the local newspaper.

See I learned something new from you.  

I'd like to find a nice 4H club to put Short man in but we are so dang busy that it is really hard to dedicate the time requirements.  

I'll wait to see if he continues to likes the summer program he us currently in.